Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-04-2015, 13:33
I am purity, they call me perverted

I'm in for the meetup!
Old 22-04-2015, 15:05
I live to fall asleep

Great! What's the best way to go about this? I can PM you guys my phone number (I've got an American phone, fwiw -- so if there are out-of-towners coming in, maybe we could use Facebook or KakaoTalk to coordinate)...
Old 23-04-2015, 02:16

Exopotamie, if you could PM either JD Manic or myself your number, that would be great, since our access to the internet is going to be sporadic once we get to Boston on Friday (aka, we'll only be able to get wifi if we're at someplace like a Starbucks or McDonalds - life without an actual smartphone!)
Old 23-04-2015, 14:45
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodleBug View Post
Exopotamie, if you could PM either JD Manic or myself your number, that would be great, since our access to the internet is going to be sporadic once we get to Boston on Friday (aka, we'll only be able to get wifi if we're at someplace like a Starbucks or McDonalds - life without an actual smartphone!)
Done and done! This offer goes out to anyone else who wants to meet up too, of course!

Getting so excited!
Old 24-04-2015, 16:53
A self-made vacuum

We are hoofing it in from Medford, should be in the area shortly and I'll keep an eye out here for where we're meeting up and when!
Old 25-04-2015, 04:25
Born to end

Nicky winked at me. Someone just kill me now.
Old 25-04-2015, 18:00
Winterlover

Seeing as the folks in the Webster Hall thread either can't read or are just incapable of answering a really simple question, could someone please tell me what time the band came on stage at? Was it 8:30 or 9? Also, what time did their set end? Much appreciation to anyone who can help. Cheers!
Old 25-04-2015, 18:40
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryter Layter View Post
Seeing as the folks in the Webster Hall thread either can't read or are just incapable of answering a really simple question, could someone please tell me what time the band came on stage at? Was it 8:30 or 9? Also, what time did their set end? Much appreciation to anyone who can help. Cheers!
Doors opened at eight, manics were on at 10...
Old 25-04-2015, 19:56
Winterlover

Doors are 7 pm in Toronto so they should be on by 9 probably. Cheers for the info, bud!
Old 25-04-2015, 20:59

Great show! I got a really good spot near the front. Saw the band get out of a taxi in front of the venue at around 5 and Nicky waved and said hi. The whole set was amazing but Ifwhiteamerica was a standout for me and Die in the Summertime was unexpectedly fantastic (I love the song but I didn't expect the crowd to get into it as much as they did!).

I honestly couldn't have hoped for more. It was such a great night.

Did people get to meet the band after? I wasn't able to stick around.
Old 25-04-2015, 23:19

Hello to everyone here who I got to meet last night! (I was the gal with that pink bow in her hair.) What an amazing show. nsebastian, my husband and I bailed shortly after the show was over because we were exhausted and it was so damn cold out, but reports from others are that the band got into a taxi afterwards and as far as they knew, no one got to meet up with them. While we were standing in the queue (I forget what time this was) James did come walking down the street and up the Sinclair's steps. He stopped briefly to sign things for someone and then continued on into the building.

A link to some photos I posted on the American Manics Fans' Facebook page, I think they should be visible: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4305...1437391912395/
Old 26-04-2015, 04:13
I live to fall asleep

Hi all! It was so great to meet everyone and/or see some familiar faces again. Great show all around. We were right in the second or third row from the stage and had great views of both Nicky and James (and occasionally Sean, who was KILLING IT on the drums). James' voice sounded great, Nicky was smiling the whole time, and we even saw a smile or two from Sean. I was in the queue when James walked by (at which point the entire group went dead silent), but he was quite friendly and even signed some stuff on the way back in.

It was great to see Nicky rock the Archives of Pain bass line live, and even more wonderful to celebrate the band with so many of you amazing fans.
Old 26-04-2015, 13:39
Born to end

New York was good but Boston was even better! Well worth the trip over from London - it was great to meet so many American Manics fans (who knew Atlanta was such a hotbed?!). Thanks to those who organized the meet ups.

Dave
Old 29-04-2015, 13:28
Knowlede Is Power

Went to three gigs on this USA tour. I so adored The Sinclair as it was such an intimate place Blackwood Miners Institute size. At the gig we were about 4 rows from the front such an amazing view. Manics seemed so happy to be in the USA and were so enjoying themselves. So many lovely friendly USA fans at the gig as well. Also a lovely Brit who was living in Denver who bought us drinks.

During the solo spot I pleaded with James to play Sullen Welsh Heart as it had been on the set list for Washington and New York and it was not played. I even added some Welsh to the plea which stunned James for a few minutes. James then said "We have someone from Wales here. Behave yourself leave Boston as you found it as you know what us Welsh are like."

James had to restart Walk Me To The Bridge as he forgot the lyrics to amusement of Nicky and Sean. Nicky saying "Don't be too harsh on James as it is the fault of Richey and me for writing so many lyrics over so many years" Us fans helped him with the lyrics during the retake which was so sweet.

The band did not come out to see the fans after the gig again. Nicky did wave to us in a white taxi as the band was leaving the venue and he also thanked us for coming which was lovely.
2001 Brixton, C.I.A.
2002 Millennium Stadium, St. David's Hall, Wembley, C.I.A. x 2
2003 Move Festival
2004 Wembley
2005 C.I.A., Millennium Stadium, Bristol, Swansea
2006 JDB Solus
2007 Cardiff Uni x 2, Bristol, Reading, C.I.A., Bournemouth, Brighton
2008 NME Awards, NME Big Gig, Newport
2009 Roundhouse x 2 , Wolves, Brighton
2010 Millennium Stadium, Newport, Bristol ,Leicester
2011 Brixton, Blackwood, Wolves, C.I.A., JDB Solus, O2 Arena
2012 The Hague, Amsterdam
2013 Newport, Festival No.6, Bristol
2014 Cardiff Motorpoint, Leicester, Wolves, The Roundhouse x 3
2015 JDB at W.M.C, Washington, New York, Boston. Wolves & Cardiff Castle
2016 Brussels, RAH x 2, Swansea, Cardiff, Eden Project

Last edited by Refresher; 29-04-2015 at 13:36.
Old 29-04-2015, 13:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refresher View Post
Went to three gigs on this USA tour. I so adored The Sinclair as it was such an intimate place Blackwood Miners Institute size. At the gig we were about 4 rows from the front such an amazing view. Manics seemed so happy to be in the USA and were so enjoying themselves. So many lovely friendly USA fans at the gig as well. Also a lovely Brit who was living in Denver who bought us drinks.

During the solo spot I pleaded with James to play Sullen Welsh Heart as it had been on the set list for Washington and New York and it was not played. I even added some Welsh to the plea which stunned James for a few minutes. James then said "We have someone from Wales here. Behave yourself leave Boston as you found it as you know what us Welsh are like."

James had to restart Walk Me To The Bridge as he forgot the lyrics to amusement of Nicky and Sean. Nicky saying "Don't be too harsh on James as it is the fault of Richey and me for writing so many lyrics over so many years" Us fans helped him with the lyrics during the retake which was so sweet.

The band did not come out to see the fans after the gig again. Nicky did wave to us in a white taxi as the band was leaving the venue and he also thanked us for coming which was lovely.
Nice review, agreed that Boston was the best show of the 1st three, a little disappointed (actually 'a lot' disappointed as I really wanted to get my "Suicide Alley" sleeve signed) that they pulled the rock star move at all 3 shows with their beatlemania exits (save Nicky's 5 minute appearance post-NYC show) in order to avoid the insane mob of 25-30 foaming at the mouth fans gathering outside each show HAHA A real contrast from the Philly 2009 show where they were casually hanging out by the bus for a good hour or so, I understood them bailing in DC because apparently there was some real pre-show turmoil due of the lack of their regular crew being able to get into the country but I didn't see the need to pull the same exit stunt in NYC and Boston.