Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 08-10-2012, 11:05
A self-made vacuum

I saw someone walking through campus in a PFAYM t shirt today. I never see anyone in manics tops, I wish I'd gone and said something although she'd have probably thought I was a freak.

Camden Roundhouse 29/05/09 - Brixton Academy 22/01/11 - Hard Rock Cafe London 02/02/11 - O2 Arena 17/12/11 - BBC Radio 2 Festival in a Day 08/09/13 - Shepards Bush Empire 24/09/13 - Brighton Centre 09/04/14 - Brixton Academy 11/04/14 - Rough Trade East 08/07/2014 - Camden Roundhouse 17/12/14 - Cardiff Castle 05/06/15 - Grosse Freiheit 36 Hamburg 26/04/16 - Swansea Liberty Stadium 28/05/16 - Victorious Festival Portsmouth 27/08/16 - London Southbank Centre 19/06/18
Old 05-11-2012, 12:02
Stretched out in the sun

I kinda miss being a new Manics fan. I remember picking up a bootleg of the Nynex gig and for a few months at least, that being the only way I could listen to Motown Junk. I remember the thrill of finding any Richey era single in a second hand place in Hull. They didn't turn up much at the time and they were quite in demand. I love what the internet has done for my collecting but it's not the same. Ah, we're so spoilt these days.
Old 05-11-2012, 15:54
Stretched out in the sun

Yeah I've got a bit stupid collection. Just been thinking about some of the promos I've got. Promos, as in recordings that are supposed to be sent out to record stations and DJs to generate publicity. I've got a promo 7" of Symphony Of Tourette and a 12" promos containing stuff like Stealth Sonic mixes of Kevin Carter and Felix Da Housecat remix of Let Robeson Sing. Has anyone heard any of those on the radio or in clubs or whatever anywhere? Were they ever even expected to be played? I do like promos though.
Old 05-11-2012, 21:41
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
I kinda miss being a new Manics fan. I remember picking up a bootleg of the Nynex gig and for a few months at least, that being the only way I could listen to Motown Junk. I remember the thrill of finding any Richey era single in a second hand place in Hull. They didn't turn up much at the time and they were quite in demand. I love what the internet has done for my collecting but it's not the same. Ah, we're so spoilt these days.
Without internet I wouldn't even have a collection. I was in London in September and I went to some record shops hoping to feel the same thrill of finding something special. Well, I couldn't find a single shop having decent Manics stuff, not even the most commons vinyls!

Last week I found the black/yellow label New Art Riot vinyl in Internet. I should get it this week and it is coming from a London shop...
Old 05-11-2012, 22:07
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic pilgrim View Post
Without internet I wouldn't even have a collection. I was in London in September and I went to some record shops hoping to feel the same thrill of finding something special. Well, I couldn't find a single shop having decent Manics stuff, not even the most commons vinyls!

Last week I found the black/yellow label New Art Riot vinyl in Internet. I should get it this week and it is coming from a London shop...
The vast majority of stuff I've got has been bought online too. I think the rarest thing I've got in a shop was probably the Motown Junk 12". But nah, generally I've not had a great deal of luck finding any decent stuff in actual shops.
Old 21-11-2012, 18:36
I live to fall asleep

Ghost of Christmas could've been a charting hit if they'd have thought a bit more seriously about the lyrics, rather than just a list of presents Nicky got once...

Twitter!

"To the hideousness of nineteenth-century industrialization is added the desolation of twentieth-century obsolescence. The Black Country looks like Ceaucescu's Romania with fast food outlets."
Theodore Dalrymple

Old 21-11-2012, 18:53
Doors slowly closing

Yeah, I like the way it sounds but the lyrics are pointless.
Old 24-11-2012, 03:21
Freed from the century

I'm way too amused by the top 2 comments on the motorcycle emptiness video on youtube right now:

WADE BARRETT, ON BEHALF OF AMERICAN MANICS FANS: BLESS YOU, YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE
Old 24-11-2012, 14:55
Builder of routine

Old 24-11-2012, 23:05
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckedaway View Post
I'm way too amused by the top 2 comments on the motorcycle emptiness video on youtube right now:

WADE BARRETT, ON BEHALF OF AMERICAN MANICS FANS: BLESS YOU, YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE
Brilliant!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 26-11-2012, 22:45
I live to fall asleep

1) What's bad about the Crucifix Kiss lyrics?

2)Democracy Coma is like amazing... like not just good, like it's so class.

Twitter!

"To the hideousness of nineteenth-century industrialization is added the desolation of twentieth-century obsolescence. The Black Country looks like Ceaucescu's Romania with fast food outlets."
Theodore Dalrymple

Old 26-11-2012, 23:04
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobafettish View Post
1) What's bad about the Crucifix Kiss lyrics?

2)Democracy Coma is like amazing... like not just good, like it's so class.
1) - Nothing.

2) - It is.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 27-11-2012, 03:44
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:

THANK YOU, WWE!
Old 27-11-2012, 09:12
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:

Someone should comment on a Wade Barrett video saying "thumbs up if you looked this up because of Manic Street Preachers". Marketing at its best.
Old 27-11-2012, 13:28
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
Someone should comment on a Wade Barrett video saying "thumbs up if you looked this up because of Manic Street Preachers". Marketing at its best.
Good idea Rich!