Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 01-12-2010, 17:46
Doors slowly closing

I find it hard to imagine in this day and age that there are people who don't use for the forum. For me, the forum *is* MSP - its sortof the medium in which they exist for me. Does that make sense?
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 01-12-2010, 17:50
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
I find it hard to imagine in this day and age that there are people who don't use for the forum. For me, the forum *is* MSP - its sortof the medium in which they exist for me. Does that make sense?
Makes sense to me!

I love it here. I just think it's great that everyone gets to meet eachother and people aren't twats on here

This forum keeps my obsession alive!
Old 01-12-2010, 17:53
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
I understand what you mean and it does make sense, but for many others, their love of MSP is purely about the music and wouldn't gain anything from talking on an internet forum about them.

There's also the reasons why I didn't join straight away, as stated above. As this is a forum made up of some very dedicated, 'hardcore' fans who go to many dates on a tour and have personal experiences of meeting the band or people connected to the band, if you aren't like that, you instantly feel inadequate and feel you won't be accepted.
Old 01-12-2010, 17:56
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalbertie View Post
See, I wasn't planning to join, because it seems to be such a tight-knit community and I thought I wouldn't be accepted because although I'm a massive fan, I wouldn't consider myself 'hardcore' and everyone seems to already know each other and know people directly connected to the manics.
I would say the people who have a direct connection to the band on here are in the minority, so don't let that put you off.
Old 01-12-2010, 18:00
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
I would say the people who have a direct connection to the band on here are in the minority, so don't let that put you off.
Haha, thanks, I'll try not to

Tbh, I don't regret joining, everyone has been really friendly and I think there's a lot I could learn from people here.
Old 01-12-2010, 19:10
Doors slowly closing

I don't understand the "every date on the tour" lot either. I think people must think I'm extremely odd for doing to XFM AND Brixton. Not to mention going to Blackwood for the Miners show.

There aren't very many people at all who actually know the band. Other, including me have met them, but that's just due to winning audiences at TV shows and turning up, or indeed going to gigs and just turning up at the back of the venue afterwards. All is cool and it's not a competition (except for some )
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 01-12-2010, 19:12
I live to fall asleep

I always feel a little intimidated when I go to a Manics gig weirdly. I think it's because you see all the people queuing and you know they've seen them countless times. It just sort of scares me a bit.

I'm a freak.
Old 01-12-2010, 19:13
Stretched out in the sun

yeah, the amount of members who actually "know" the band is very very minimal.

Most will have met them, but they're very good for hanging out after gigs and signing things.
Old 01-12-2010, 19:34
Builder of routine

It's nothing special to have met the band, you could see them only once and possibly meet them all, and some people who queue have only gone once or twice, or are on their first gig, I queued a lot this tour having seen them very few times.
Old 01-12-2010, 19:38
Stretched out in the sun

I queued for a very long time on my first gig. The only person I knew was the friend I was queueing with. Sure, sometimes a large amount of queuers will be friends, but sometimes not.
Old 01-12-2010, 23:21
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by franny View Post
Jesus, how is that even possible?!?!?!

Shame but maybe for the best.
Here's where I lie and say I'm miss popular and was testing and calling all my many friends but the truth is...

.... coming on FD when I was in England... I FORGOT about roaming charges okay?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermintrude the Cow View Post
I read that as "can change it" and had an image of you doing pelvic floor exercises like a mentalist, screaming "I will be a virgin again" whilst clutching a Care Bear and a picture of Richey...
Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
I, for one, am slightly turned on by your obsession with penis size as you are indeed the hottest chick on here.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:37
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
I queued for a very long time on my first gig. The only person I knew was the friend I was queueing with. Sure, sometimes a large amount of queuers will be friends, but sometimes not.
Aye, you tend to make friends more if you go on your own out of necessity through boredom, nobody's going to refuse to have a conversation with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennanire View Post
Here's where I lie and say I'm miss popular and was testing and calling all my many friends but the truth is...

.... coming on FD when I was in England... I FORGOT about roaming charges okay?!
That's understandable, at least you'll never do that again though. Sad times, hope you get to see them soon anyway, we need the young fans.
Old 02-12-2010, 18:45
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalbertie View Post
See, I wasn't planning to join, because it seems to be such a tight-knit community and I thought I wouldn't be accepted because although I'm a massive fan, I wouldn't consider myself 'hardcore' and everyone seems to already know each other and know people directly connected to the manics.

But I won tickets to the Hard Rock Cafe gig and wanted to find out information, so I joined and it's not been as scary as I thought!
I totally hear you and I was also always unsure about ever actually posting on here. Seems like a friendly enough place, and everyone has been fine with me so far, but I have no desire to become one of the 'inner sanctum', or whatever it is. I prefer doing my own thing really and only ever signed up on here because I fancied having a little say on a few things regarding MSP. I've already ended up a lot more hooked than expected!
Old 02-12-2010, 18:47
Stretched out in the sun

Inner Sanctum sounds kinky and slightly creepy
Old 02-12-2010, 18:50
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
I don't understand the "every date on the tour" lot either. I think people must think I'm extremely odd for doing to XFM AND Brixton. Not to mention going to Blackwood for the Miners show.

There aren't very many people at all who actually know the band. Other, including me have met them, but that's just due to winning audiences at TV shows and turning up, or indeed going to gigs and just turning up at the back of the venue afterwards. All is cool and it's not a competition (except for some )
That's fair enough and things like this forum almost transcend the band, from what I can gather. Most of the people I know who are Manics fans are the same sort of age as me - early 30s - and I think they just don't have the time or inclination to come on a site like this anymore. I'm lucky in that I can get online a fair bit, when I really should be working!