Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 23-01-2011, 22:18
I am purity, they call me perverted

Pre show music identification help!

Hey I was wondering of anyone could help identify a name/artist of one of the songs that played over the PA before the band took to the stage? There was a great song that played about a song or two after Love Like Blood by Killing Joke on the playlist.... it had a female vocal and had lyrics in the chorus something like " ... you don't know what you're fighting for". Almost rnb-ish vocally but quite fast and upbeat. Any ideas people?
Old 23-01-2011, 22:48
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Plus View Post
Hey I was wondering of anyone could help identify a name/artist of one of the songs that played over the PA before the band took to the stage? There was a great song that played about a song or two after Love Like Blood by Killing Joke on the playlist.... it had a female vocal and had lyrics in the chorus something like " ... you don't know what you're fighting for". Almost rnb-ish vocally but quite fast and upbeat. Any ideas people?
Ladytron - Destroy Everything You Touch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M5Ue0x3b6c

Brilliant song!
Old 24-01-2011, 09:03
Winterlover

I agree, hearing "Love Like Blood" and "Destroy Everything You Touch" was so cool. Two tunes I love (oddly enough I saw Ladytron support Nine Inch Nails at this venue). Just as the Manics were about to take to the stage, I recognised "What Difference Does It Make" by The Smiths. The song you're after A Plus was mentioned on Twitter *I think*, I'm struggling to remember who it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 24-01-2011, 09:14
Bored of being bored

what was the one that kept saying happiness on Friday?
Old 24-01-2011, 14:22
Winterlover

Quote:
Yes if you know who mentioned it in Twitter let me know, I'm so determined to find out I'll scroll through all their Tweets.
I'm not sure if it's Manics Postcards or Boy Cried Wolf. I was quickly checking my phone on Saturday, whilst waiting for the Manics to take to the stage.

Quote:
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 24-01-2011, 15:51
Doors slowly closing

I was delighted to hear Desire Lines by Deerhunter on the Friday. It was one of the last songs before the band came on. As i have not seen he band, this was the loudest I've heard them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mBSOtdOjoc
Old 24-01-2011, 16:05
Born to end

Hi
Was it cold war by janelle monae?
I wasn't there but from your description that immediately springs to mind.
Old 24-01-2011, 17:56
Winterlover

Quote:
Yes if you know who mentioned it in Twitter let me know, I'm so determined to find out I'll scroll through all their Tweets.
I've found it! It was on Manic Street Maina's twitter. Was the song "French Disko" by Stereolab?

Quote:
Old 24-01-2011, 19:32
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragle View Post
Hi
Was it cold war by janelle monae?
I wasn't there but from your description that immediately springs to mind.
Yess! That's it exactly! Thanks for the heads up, what an amazing song. Thanks for all the help guys, you've actually introduced me to some ace tunes through this search. The Manics really did have a great playlist
Old 24-01-2011, 19:57
Winterlover

Quote:
Yess! That's it exactly! Thanks for the heads up, what an amazing song. Thanks for all the help guys, you've actually introduced me to some ace tunes through this search. The Manics really did have a great playlist
I wondered who was singing that song.
Love it
Old 25-01-2011, 23:40
CzechGiяl

Ha!

Quote:
I was looking for this song for hours and then I realized I could find it here...