Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 03-10-2021, 10:46
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Massively! I’m really not keen on Into The Waves but if we get

Orwellian
The Secret…
Complicated Illusions
Don’t Let The Night
Afterending

Then I don’t care if they play You Stole The Sun over and over for the last 15 songs.

Hope you had / have a good one mate.

Don't you be giving Nick ideas!

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 03-10-2021, 17:03
Winterlover

The ever reliable emily hyatt has some vids on her youtube from this. I’m envious of people getting afterending and into the waves of love, they both sound great. You can’t deny that james is really up for it, look at ‘im go.

Into the waves of love
https://youtu.be/FcXn8nr6P50

Afterending
https://youtu.be/UFEK7k48JR4

Slash ‘n’ burn (this probably should be posted in appreciation )
https://youtu.be/_aPQ71mh3gk

A design for life (I always get a kick out of the james and nicky synchronised jumping team)
https://youtu.be/I3KRSaBAtM0
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 03-10-2021, 17:53
I live to fall asleep

What album have they've played the most songs from during that album's tour? Probably EMG or SATT? Didn't they play every song off SATT?

EDIT: Did a quick bit of research and if you count Rockpalast (which setlist hasn't, strangely) then yes they played every song off SATT during 2007.

EDIT 2: And yes, they played every song off EMG in 1996 as well.

Last edited by Europa Gluten Free; 03-10-2021 at 17:58.
Old 03-10-2021, 18:29
Bored out of my mind

Really enjoyed last night, although my god my legs/feet are paying for doing gigs two nights in a row! I'm being put to shame by James' fitness levels despite being 17 years younger than him

I was so happy they played Afterending, as that's one of my favourites from the album. That and Sapporo sounded great. I could do without Into the Waves of Love, as that's my least favourite of the new ones by far, but hey ho never mind.

Definitely agree that James is embracing his guitar hero status more on this tour. He's totally playing up to performing his solos to the front of the crowd (especially during Sweet Child and Slash N Burn...plus he even did the ohh's in the latter last night, which he doesn't tend to do much these days) and looks like he's having a blast. Such a contrast to some of their pre-pandemic gigs that had the tendency to be a bit flat and I got the impression the band didn't always want to be there (although I understand that was around the time Nicky's parents were ill so I imagine that would have had an effect on the entire band).

It feels like the enforced break has re-energised them and made them appreciate the fans more. You can see it in their faces and how grateful they are to be back performing in front of an audience. So, even when parts of the setlist might not be exactly what I want, I kind of don't really care because they're having fun and I'm also still enjoying the novelty of live music again.
Old 03-10-2021, 19:36
Bored of being bored

I agree about the band being more energised, but last night felt like the most active crowd I've seen at a Manics gig in many a year. Might be that I stood further back than usual so had a better view of the crowd, the band performance being more focused (the sound quality in the Apollo was great last night!), post Covid release or just being a Saturday in Manchester, but it seemed more lively than past tours when I'd look round and see only eight people going for it during Sleepflower!
Old 03-10-2021, 19:50
Builder of routine

I've always found Manchester crowds enthusiastic whatever day of the week at manics gigs. One of the reasons I go
Old 03-10-2021, 19:58
I am purity, they call me perverted

"Manchester! Oh yeahhh, baby!"

For some reason I lived Nicky saying that last night, haha.

I'd somehow not seen Manics outside of a festival for too long, whoops. That feeling of being in a crowd of Manics fans singing along with gusto was much needed. ��
Old 03-10-2021, 20:50
Bored out of my mind

Yeah Manchester crowds are always like that in my experience. Low Hummer got the best reaction of the tour, let alone the Manics. My husband was stood towards the back last night and said most people were drunk, so that might have something to do with it I still think the loudest/best crowd I’ve ever been in was their gig at the Ritz in 2013. The floor was bouncing and everything!

Last edited by Abstract Unknown Girl; 05-10-2021 at 13:11.
Old 05-10-2021, 13:10
Freed from the century

Loved Saturdays gig. Have to admit to being tearful at Snow in Sappora it just blew me away.
Good bouncy gig, but still achey today even as a person with a senior railcard I refuse to stand at the back.

Shocked at price of drinks there. Seem to have hiked prices up an awful lot.

Trying my best not to go to Llandudno - not far from me but sure I will be tempted in the end.

Thanks Emily for all the videos you are a star as ever.