Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 21-02-2011, 15:13
I am purity, they call me perverted

how about a forum meeting *g*

i'll be going there. even if i have to travel all the way from bavaria
Old 21-02-2011, 22:29
eamon666

Thumbs up

karsten-jahnke.de emailed me to confirm that I only wanted 2 tix (rather than the 4 I accidentally ordered - I'm not a German speaker) and then they emailed again to make sure they had the right postal address because in rural Ireland we don't have postcodes yet. So my tix will be in tomorrow's post. We can only dream of such customer service from ticketmaster.ie.
Old 22-02-2011, 12:33
Builder of routine

the show is already enlisted on the Markthalle site
http://www.markthalle-hamburg.de/?q=node/861

doors opened at 8pm and the start at 9? does it mean that The Joy Formidable start at 9? what then? Manics at 10?
Old 22-02-2011, 12:39
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post

doors opened at 8pm and the start at 9? does it mean that The Joy Formidable start at 9? what then? Manics at 10?
quite so
Old 23-02-2011, 08:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
the show is already enlisted on the Markthalle site
http://www.markthalle-hamburg.de/?q=node/861

Yeah, this feels strange to me now after all these British gigs but when I first saw them in Hamburg in 2001 they didn't come on stage till 10 either.

Facebook / Last.fm / Twitter / Tumblr
Old 23-02-2011, 18:48

Some of my friends in Germany have already received their tickets (from Jahnke). Speedy or what?!

Facebook / Last.fm / Twitter / Tumblr
Old 23-02-2011, 20:16

of course! vorsprung durch technik!!!
Old 18-03-2011, 23:16
Winterlover

Out of interest, have any people in the UK who ordered tickets from Karsten Jahnke received them yet?
Old 19-03-2011, 07:59
Born to end

Yep, mine arrived about 3 weeks ago. Makes you realise *just* how shit See Tickets are!
Old 19-03-2011, 11:16
Winterlover

I've been lucky and never had many problems with Seetickets - but I haven't received my tickets for this. Have emailed them.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:21
MephedroneRitty

Hi guys, I've just found out I'll be in Hamburg at the time, but the site the Manics webpage links to are saying tickets aren't available. Does this mean they're all gone and I'll be stuck hanging at the model railway, or is there somewhere else I could try? Cheers in advance.
Old 06-04-2011, 20:57
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephedroneRitty View Post
Hi guys, I've just found out I'll be in Hamburg at the time, but the site the Manics webpage links to are saying tickets aren't available. Does this mean they're all gone and I'll be stuck hanging at the model railway, or is there somewhere else I could try? Cheers in advance.
Look at page one of this thread for an explanation how to order by phone.
So you could ask if it's sold out.
Old 06-05-2011, 20:35
Builder of routine

I was thinking, what time you'd all start queuing? I suppose 3pm would be fine enough for the 1st row, how do you reckon? I'd be in Hamburg at around 11am so if anyone wants to meet earlier, that would be lovely, if not I'll see you all in the Q, hopefully.

BLIMEY I SERIOUSLY CAN'T WAIT. I've been giggling whole day, nervously checking weather, trains, wardrobe, it's gonna be awesome, I know that!

oh and if you didn't notice, Wayne's coming too, I saw his entry on FB where he wrote he'd been practising with the band. I love Wayne, but it also probably means Saxy joining too, and honestly I'd love to hear Tolerate the way it was played in Port Talbot.
Old 06-05-2011, 20:44
Winterlover

I've got to gigs in the UK at 3pm before and been fine for first row - most people don't get there till just before doors. So you should be fine getting there at 3pm. I've never seen the Manics in Germany before though, so have no experience of what German queuing is like.

I'm getting to Hamburg at lunchtime-ish the day before - I was hoping to do a bit of sightseeing, is there anywhere in particular people would recommend I visit?
Old 06-05-2011, 21:26
Builder of routine

thanks Nicola I've been thinking of sightseeing as well and on my list of things to see I have the townhall, harbour, channels and the theatre but I'd be happy to see some recommendations from people as well.