Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 23-10-2014, 07:41
Administrator

Assassinated Beauty Exhibition and Launch Party Competition

Photographs from Kevin Cummins' new manics book Assassinated Beauty will be the focus of a new exhibition which opens at Proud Galleries Camden (www.proud.co.uk):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Camden Press Release

Assassinated Beauty Exhibition by Kevin Cummins
Proud Galleries, Camden
November 7th 2014 – January 11th 2015
Mon-Sun 11am-5pm
Free Entry

© Kevin Cummins, Manics, May 1991

Proud Camden presents Assassinated Beauty; a collection of iconic photographs of the most iconoclastic band of the late twentieth century, Manic Street Preachers. The exhibition will mark the launch of Kevin Cummins’ latest book and captures the essence of a band that understood and manipulated androgynous and decadent imagery.

In the early nineties the Manics exploded onto a British music scene at the peak of rave and acid house. These disaffected and fiercely political young men from the Welsh valleys redefined a new-era by experimenting with alternative glam-rock music. Seminal music photographer Kevin Cummins was ideally placed to capture the essence of the band in their most uncompromising, glam-fixated early years.

Cummins first met the Manics on a shoot for NME in Paris in 1992. He went on to photograph not only their first cover of the magazine but also captured the band in their rise to fame. The exhibition documents the period just before the release of Generation Terrorists in 1992 up to Holy Bible in 1994 and the subsequent disappearance of guitarist and lyricist, Richey Edwards. It includes never seen before photographs of the band on and off stage alongside studio shots while they were recording their early singles Motown Junk, You Love Us and Stay Beautiful.

Proud Camden is thrilled to bring you Assassinated Beauty, a unique collection of photographs that shows the Manic Street Preachers whilst at their creative zenith. This is the definitive portrait of one of the last great British rock ‘n’ roll bands.
The Exhibition will be launched with a Launch Party at the Galleries on the 6th November. Follow and FD and retweet https://twitter.com/FDForum/status/525190192349843456 to be in with a chance to win tickets to the Launch Party.

Entries will be picked randomly from those that follow and RT our tweet by 9am Saturday 25th Oct.

Disclaimer: FD is not involved with organising the event and does not guarantee entry or take responsibility for any loss or damage of any kind resulting from attendance. Entry to the event is subject to the conditions and rules of the venue and entry may be refused if you breach their terms and conditions.

Last edited by Takk; 23-10-2014 at 07:44.
Old 31-10-2014, 18:40
Knowlede Is Power

'Scuse me nice FD people, I won tickets for this but am now unable to attend. Can you pick someone else? Fankoo x
Old 31-10-2014, 19:36
I am purity, they call me perverted

I will be attending!

""All I ever wanted was a brute with cheekbones." Because I think that's all anyone ever wants."
- Richey Edwards
Old 31-10-2014, 21:46
An imitation of dignity

I won tickets and cant go because of work,I was amazed,I never win anything.I hope my
tickets are passed on to someone else tho.I have ordered the book and cant wait for it.xx
Old 04-12-2014, 13:11
A self-made vacuum

Went to the exhibit yesterday, was quite nice though very small. probably spent less then five minutes there. Spent more time trying to find the place as it isn't completely clear where it is.
Bought a small advertisement poster for £3.
Old 04-12-2014, 20:01
Builder of routine

I just cant find the enthusiasm to go. I'm going to get the book anyway...
Old 04-12-2014, 20:46
Doors slowly closing

In related news, my book came today. Only had the briefest of flicks through (like all manics books) but looks interesting. Little JDB interview too
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 05-12-2014, 09:43
I am purity, they call me perverted

The interview with James is really good! I got my book from the little Proud store when I went up for the launch, and some posters too

""All I ever wanted was a brute with cheekbones." Because I think that's all anyone ever wants."
- Richey Edwards