Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 18-04-2012, 00:03
An imitation of dignity

European Tour Setlists (New Member Post)

Hello guys, been reading this forum for a while and found the topics and opinions on the manics very interesting. Even though i am 15 i have listened to all their albums and have got a good depth of knowledge about their history. I thought that the topic of their european tour would be a good talking point even if you are not attending.

Firstly, I was quite surprised to see no "faster" on the list as they said it was their favourite single in nme and also the inclusion of found that soul which is a personal favourite of mine.

Motorcycle Emptiness
Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
Ocean Spray
Love's Sweet Exile
(It's Not War) Just The End Of Love
The Everlasting
Found That Soul
This Is The Day
The Love Of Richard Nixon
Revol
Tsunami
A Design For Life
From Despair To Where
You Love Us
There By The Grace Of God
The Masses Against The Classes
Everything Must Go
She Is Suffering
You Stole The Sun From My Heart
Some Kind Of Nothingness
Little Baby Nothing
Motown Junk
If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
Old 18-04-2012, 00:28
Builder of routine

welcome to the forum David.
we usually discuss the setlists in the gig threads.

15 and listening to the Manics? wow, i'm impressed.

they played 2 songs from THB, adding Faster would be strange. although i suppose at one point of the tour they will exchange Revol with Faster or SIS but rather Revol because it's a similar tempo.

(that's why i'm not completely giving up for leaving Autumnsong... it will haunt us like ghosts)

HEY MAYBE WE SHOULD START SCREAMING 'AUTUMNSONG' INSTEAD OF SLEEPFLOWER?
Old 18-04-2012, 07:03
An imitation of dignity

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

That's a fair point but still think its weird that they don't play their favourite song. Its like having the opportunity to play messi but leaving him on the bench. And your point on Autumnsomg, I would love to hear as its a single of a great album and that my mum who is a casual manics fan said Autumnsomg was her favourite at the national treasures gig.
Old 18-04-2012, 11:10
I live to fall asleep

The naivety of youth!
Old 18-04-2012, 11:12
Doors slowly closing

i suppose as much as the band love Autumnsong (more than a large contingent of fans, at the very least) they have to work out which songs they "have" to play or are expected to, and see what fits in around that, both in respect of having a good flowing gig and if they are in the mood to.

you'd like to think that they are aware of not all fans thinking this is a masterpiece and thus they opt for more crowd friendly songs, but there law of average states that if they play it enough times then they are bound to end up playing it to someone who appreciates it eventually.
blog
Old 18-04-2012, 11:58
Administrator

there's been plenty of gigs over the years with no faster.
Old 18-04-2012, 20:02
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by David27 View Post
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

That's a fair point but still think its weird that they don't play their favourite song. Its like having the opportunity to play messi but leaving him on the bench. And your point on Autumnsomg, I would love to hear as its a single of a great album and that my mum who is a casual manics fan said Autumnsomg was her favourite at the national treasures gig.
Got good taste has your mum!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 18-04-2012, 20:13
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by David27 View Post
Hello guys, been reading this forum for a while and found the topics and opinions on the manics very interesting. Even though i am 15 i have listened to all their albums and have got a good depth of knowledge about their history. I thought that the topic of their european tour would be a good talking point even if you are not attending.

Firstly, I was quite surprised to see no "faster" on the list as they said it was their favourite single in nme and also the inclusion of found that soul which is a personal favourite of mine.

Motorcycle Emptiness
Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
Ocean Spray
Love's Sweet Exile
(It's Not War) Just The End Of Love
The Everlasting
Found That Soul
This Is The Day
The Love Of Richard Nixon
Revol
Tsunami
A Design For Life
From Despair To Where
You Love Us
There By The Grace Of God
The Masses Against The Classes
Everything Must Go
She Is Suffering
You Stole The Sun From My Heart
Some Kind Of Nothingness
Little Baby Nothing
Motown Junk
If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
Welcome to the forum, good to see another 15 year old
Old 18-04-2012, 21:02
Under neon loneliness

Welcome to FD. Just be glad they're not still playing this version...
Old 18-04-2012, 21:05
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzb View Post
This is the best version of Faster ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOUg3...eature=related

"Oh, there goes a panda!"

Last edited by Europa Gluten Free; 18-04-2012 at 21:09.
Old 18-04-2012, 21:08
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
i suppose as much as the band love Autumnsong (more than a large contingent of fans, at the very least) they have to work out which songs they "have" to play or are expected to, and see what fits in around that, both in respect of having a good flowing gig and if they are in the mood to.

you'd like to think that they are aware of not all fans thinking this is a masterpiece and thus they opt for more crowd friendly songs, but there law of average states that if they play it enough times then they are bound to end up playing it to someone who appreciates it eventually.
yeah agreed. just like YSTS which is absolutely boring on the record and live it has so much fierce.
Old 18-04-2012, 21:34
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
yeah agreed. just like YSTS which is absolutely boring on the record and live it has so much fierce.
Totally agree.I never listen to the album version of YSTS but I really enjoy it live.To be honest I think there are many Manics songs which are better live than on the record,ADFL is the first one
Old 18-04-2012, 21:38
I'm just a pasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzb View Post
Oi, I like that one! James' voice makes it, though I like the bite the full band version has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
This is the best version of Faster ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOUg3...eature=related

"Oh, there goes a panda!"
It's sad to see that the Kaiser Chiefs have fallen on hard times and have had to record in Ricky Wilson's front room. He's been on the pies. Obviously spent all his money on pasties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
It's such a good sing-a-long song live. Good bouncing material!
Old 18-04-2012, 21:42
Bored out of my mind

I love the album version of YSTS! It rocks!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 18-04-2012, 21:59
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling#Girl View Post
Totally agree.I never listen to the album version of YSTS but I really enjoy it live.To be honest I think there are many Manics songs which are better live than on the record,ADFL is the first one
I like it on record and still listen to it but agree that it is better live. It's the same with australia and the everlasting. Still good on record but miles better live.

Last edited by David27; 18-04-2012 at 22:11.