Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 09-04-2012, 11:44
I am purity, they call me perverted

15/04/2012 - Copenhagen

Does anyone have any idea what time this gig is going to start, is there any support and what time the Manics are on stage. I e-mailed the venue but no response, don't want to turn up late.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:51

On the website it said 8PM I think, but yeah they may not stick to that I guess. Try calling?

I also have some questions:
If you take the train from Sweden, which station in Copenhagen should you get off at, and what bus should you take to get to the venue (or how do you walk there if it's within walking distance?)
Also, do they sell tickets at the door at all, if anybody knows?

Cheers
Old 09-04-2012, 12:04
A self-made vacuum

Like Charlie said, it says 20:00 on the website... So that's all we have to stick to. Can't imagine that it'll be earlier than that anyway.
No support I think.

If you come from the Sweden side I'd say it's best to get off at Copenhagen Airport and take the metro from there. You could also get off at the central station (Københavns Hovedbanegård / København H), which is the station you'd get off at from all other destinations than Sweden/Airport. As an alternative choise there is Nørreport Station.

This is from the amagerbio.dk webpage: (http://www.amagerbio.dk/s/directions-to-amager-bio)

From the airport
Amager Bio is 20 minutes from Kastrup Lufthavn (Copenhagen Airport) by Metro.

Take the Metro to Amagerbro st. or Lergravsparken st.

From Amagerbro st.: Walk about 300 m at Amagerbrogade and turn left. Amager Bio is now 20 m up the street on your right hand side.

From Lergravsparken st.: Turn left at Østrigsgade and walk down to the traffic light. Continue at Øresundsvej to Amager Bio - about 300 m.

From Copenhagen Central Station

It's easy to go by public transport to Amager Bio. Take bus 5A from Copenhagen Central Station in front of Tivoli. 5A stops at Amagerbrogade - 2 minutes walk from Amager Bio.

From Nørreport st.
From Nørreport you can either take the Metro to Amagerbro st. and walk about 300 meters by Amagerbrogade and turn left. Amager Bio is now 20 m up the street on your right hand side.

Or you can take bus 350S which stops at Amagerbrogade - 2 minutes walk from Amager Bio.

It's sold out so I highly doubt there'll be ticket sale at the door.

Last edited by Symmanine; 09-04-2012 at 12:07.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie12 View Post
On the website it said 8PM I think, but yeah they may not stick to that I guess. Try calling?

I also have some questions:
If you take the train from Sweden, which station in Copenhagen should you get off at, and what bus should you take to get to the venue (or how do you walk there if it's within walking distance?)
Also, do they sell tickets at the door at all, if anybody knows?

Cheers
Think I'll get there for an 8pm start then, if there is no support they may well be playing more songs than normal but not the full 38 songs they did at the O2 (I hope).

I terms of transport, metro for airport would be best for you. We are staying in Copenhagen so getting the number 5A bus out from the city.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:16

Thanks for the info Symmanine!

Which do you think would be the cheapest alternative - the metro or 5A bus?
Also, I've found this website: http://www.viagogo.se/SearchResults....et%20preachers which sells tickets, does anyone know if it can be trusted/if there are any better sites to by last-minute tickets off?

Thnx
Old 09-04-2012, 14:08
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie12 View Post
Thanks for the info Symmanine!

Which do you think would be the cheapest alternative - the metro or 5A bus?
Also, I've found this website: http://www.viagogo.se/SearchResults....et%20preachers which sells tickets, does anyone know if it can be trusted/if there are any better sites to by last-minute tickets off?

Thnx
In Copenhagen you pay for the amount of zones you are travelling through, regardless of whether you are going by bus, train or the metro.
So to reduce the number of zones, take the metro from the airport. I don't live in Copenhagen myself so I am not that familiar with the zone system there, but I'm pretty sure that it'll be a little bit more expensive to go all the way to the central station to take the 5A. The shortest and fastest is the airport - metro solution.

Good luck in finding tickets!

I wouldn't trust viagogo. They have a very bad reputation... check for yourself at trustpilot.

Last edited by Symmanine; 09-04-2012 at 14:12.
Old 09-04-2012, 18:39

Oh god I'm not finding the tickets... I've no idea what to do. What if they disband or something else stupid and I end up not getting to see them! Thanks for the heads up regarding Viagogo, I've looked them up now and they seem dreadful. I don't know whether or not to try and buy tickets off them anyhow, it's my fav band after all but it's such an amount of money for me...
Old 09-04-2012, 19:09
A self-made vacuum

It is indeed expensive at unsafe at viagogo. It's a risk to take, and I don't think I would. I understand your fustration and feel for you

I know this is also expensive, but perhaps it could be an alternative? They're playing the Jelling Festival in Denmark in May already. It's a bit costly compared to a stand alone gig, but you'll get access to see some other bands as well, so perhaps that could make it seem a bit more worthwhile?

A one-day ticket is 600 danish kroner... already cheaper than viagogo.

Are you Swedish? If so I'm pretty sure you'd be able to understand (most of) the webpage http://www.jellingmusikfestival.dk/

and.. I wouldn't worry about the Manics' splitting up anytime soon. I'm sure you'll get to see them sooner or later
Old 09-04-2012, 19:23

Hmm I think I'll get some sleep and see if I can make my mind up about it tomorrow, that's probably the best idea I reckon.

Yeah I'm so frustrated with myself as this could have been easily avoided but yeah not much to be done about that right now is there!..
The Jelling festival happens to be during the same week that I'm going to Prague with my school, quite unlucky there heh, don't know what to do about that.

Hopefully, this whole taking-a-break thing is just bullshit anyhow, knowing the Manics lol
Well thanks for the help
Old 09-04-2012, 19:28
A self-made vacuum

Check your private messages Charlie. I might have found tickets for sale for you For the Copenhagen gig.
Legally and NOT overpriced!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboyjones View Post
Does anyone have any idea what time this gig is going to start, is there any support and what time the Manics are on stage. I e-mailed the venue but no response, don't want to turn up late.
Just received a mail from the venue, they expect them to be on time at 20.00. l'm sure though as per the 02 things can always get delayed a little. ''Better late than never''.......
Old 12-04-2012, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
Just received a mail from the venue, they expect them to be on time at 20.00. l'm sure though as per the 02 things can always get delayed a little. ''Better late than never''.......
Cheers, thanks for that, getting excited now, fly out tomorrow!
Old 12-04-2012, 19:03
Builder of routine

hey are we gonna have someone would text the setlist? that would be awesome.
Old 13-04-2012, 12:45
A self-made vacuum

According to the venues homepage the Swedish singer Jennie Abrahamson is supporting.
Never heard about her
Old 13-04-2012, 13:05

Hey all,

Anyone else who'll be going to Sweden after the gig - in that case, how do you get there? Seems there are no connections between 11:45 PM and 3:00 AM, and I guess 11:45 is too early as one will need to first get to a train station...

Hm I never heard about that singer either. Oh well!