Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 04-03-2012, 21:56
A self-made vacuum

Köln and Munich, will probably give up Hambourg
Old 08-03-2012, 16:48
Builder of routine

hey can anyone recommend me any good, cheap and not-too-far-from-Huxleys hostel or maybe offer me a place on the floor in their flat in Berlin?
Old 08-03-2012, 17:33
Doors slowly closing

I have a hotel 1 mile away for £37 per night.

Name of hotel:

NK-Hotel Bergischer Hof

Street:

Bergisch-Gladbacher-Straße 406

Postal code/City:

51067 Köln (Germany)

Telephone:

+49/221/963790

Fax:

+49/221/639085
Old 08-03-2012, 18:28
Builder of routine

Hotel in Koln? why would i need a hotel in koln if i'm staying in Berlin? :ehh: and i've found a hostel for 24 euros per night which is not a bad price. although if anyone knew of anything better, please let me know x
Old 08-03-2012, 19:46
I am purity, they call me perverted

Found this one (two tube stations away from the venue and not expensive) http://www.comebackpackers.com/en/home.html
Or this one (unfortunately the site is only in German; even more close to the venue but 35€): http://www.pension-goldkopf-berlin.de/impressum.php
Old 08-03-2012, 19:54
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dext37 Fielding View Post
I have a hotel 1 mile away for £37 per night.

Name of hotel:

NK-Hotel Bergischer Hof

Street:

Bergisch-Gladbacher-Straße 406

Postal code/City:

51067 Köln (Germany)

Telephone:

+49/221/963790

Fax:

+49/221/639085
Thanks, really appreciated, because I still don't have a place for Köln !
Old 08-03-2012, 23:04
Doors slowly closing

Sorry Deets! Glad someone found it useful.

EUROS 45.
Old 11-03-2012, 13:05
Builder of routine

okay i have now tickets bought for Berlin and Hamburg, safely saved on my laptop and pendrive and email. i'm gonna book the bus to berlin.
Old 11-04-2012, 00:29
Born to end

Hey Deets!
Sorry, maybe it's a bit late, but the hotel "Columbia" is not far from Huxleys, maybe you can google it..
And another cheap one is the Etap Hotel Potsdamer Platz, you can take the bus (Metrobus Linie 41) from there (Anhalter Bahnhof) right to Hermannplatz, I think it takes 20 minutes..
Hope it will help you
Old 11-04-2012, 09:00
Builder of routine

hey, thanks but i've already booked a place in A&O Mitte Hostel. my friends been to A&O hostel in Hamburg and they recommended me so hopefully it will be fine.
Old 11-04-2012, 13:14
Born to end

Aaah, that's great! So let's rock the gig in Berlin
c ya!
Old 13-04-2012, 22:40
Sapere Aude

Hi there, I'm pretty new here so I don't even know how to get started, but: I will be at the gigs in Hamburg and Berlin.

And so I ask you who also are coming to these gigs: When are you planning to be at the venue? Will there be a lot of queueing, what do you think? I wouldn't like to stand too far back. Meeting other fans would be nice too, as I will be coming on my own.

If anyone needs help or has any questions about Hamburg or Berlin, or about the venues, feel free to ask me. I have lived in both cities and know them quite well.
Old 14-04-2012, 07:07
Builder of routine

hey there, i've been to hamburg last year and the real queueing started at about 5.30 pm i'll come to hamburg at about 2.30 pm and will go to hostel and want to sight see a bit. so i'd come at about 5pm
Old 14-04-2012, 11:27
Sapere Aude

Thank you, Deets! I was also thinking of being at Markthalle somewhen during the late afternoon, not sure yet when to be at the venue in Berlin. I've heard that the sound was really awful at the Hamburg/Markthalle gig last year, is that true? Hope that won't be the case on Monday.
Old 14-04-2012, 12:20
Builder of routine

well, i had a great time in markthalle. but i'd suggest to bring some earplugs for the support. supports have worse equipment and in a bad venue it wouldn't be the nicest experience.

i'm looking forward to meet you there. i'll be the smallest in the crowd, wearing spraypainted white skinnies and Postcards t-shirt. probably tiara too. it's a Manics gig after all.

there's a huge chance i'll see you in berlin as well