Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 14-04-2012, 05:25
I am purity, they call me perverted

Wanted a definitive biography of the band

For a band that likes to say, “yes” to TV appearances, magazine and TV interviews their history has been well documented over the years. The accessibility to YouTube now allows fans to view clips and appearances that they might have never seen before. While I love finding all these new discoveries, I find myself wanting something more complete, whole and subjective. I feel that it is time that a proper definitive biography of the band is written. It wouldn’t be an easy task. You do not want to write what has already been written. I would like to see a biography that doesn’t take too many quotes for other interviews. A biography that really does examine the band and be able to argue justifing putting the band as the most important band to ever come out of the British Isles. Maybe even argue that they are/were more important than The Smiths. I know Simon Price has written his biography on the band. That seems so long ago and of course, the band has moved on so much from those times when he was very close to the band. Tacky little bios about the author knowing the boys when they were all at school together are just rubbish and do not deserve to be printed.

It would be a huge task. Perhaps it might come to light after the band allows themselves to go into retirement and grant permission for working with an author. It would require a lot of research. The band grew up with the development of the internet. The information on these websites is invaluable.

I would happily give at a go. Advance from the publishers, band access, a researcher and about six years to complete it.
Old 14-04-2012, 07:32
Doors slowly closing

Isn't that what Nicky is up to at the moment?
Old 14-04-2012, 07:50
I live to fall asleep

What year is it in NZ?
Old 14-04-2012, 08:02
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian On Fire View Post
A biography that really does examine the band and be able to argue justifing putting the band as the most important band to ever come out of the British Isles. Maybe even argue that they are/were more important than The Smiths.
That would be a massively tall order given that this is a personal belief and not something that can realistically be supported by facts. Christ, The Smiths aren't even the most important band to come out of the UK.

I do love the optimism of many Manics fans though.
Old 14-04-2012, 08:04
Bored out of my mind

We're told by the NME and Q mag that it's Oasis apparently.....................................

(Everyone on here, probably, knows my feelings about Oasis so I'll say no more! )
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 16-04-2012, 20:06
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
What year is it in NZ?
2012. Why do you ask?