Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 29-08-2010, 09:55
I am purity, they call me perverted

Ι have made a thread in the past demanding a live dvd from JFPL tour, since the band was playing the full album live. A great chance for a superb dvd. Anyway, I'm with you on this. There should be a live dvd from the upcoming tour. I can't find any reason why all other bands release live dvds from every tour they make, while manics insist not to do it. If I remember well, manics won award for best live act in 2001. They still are one of the best live acts worldwide. They need to prove it with a live dvd.
Old 29-08-2010, 10:01
Knowlede Is Power

They are well overdue for a new live DVD imho, also would like to see (after this album is finished with promotionally speaking) a Forever Delayed 2 DVD with all the videos after Grace of God on it.

If I were to choose a gig though, it'd be the Cardiff homecoming, with the orchestra etc...

I'd love to see them do an old fashioned "Unplugged" gig like Oasis/Nirvana etc did, they would be perfect for that.
Old 29-08-2010, 12:29
Freed from the century

was there not talk of an unplugged album, but jdb dismissed it like he did for a live album?

i might be making that up, though. but an unplugged album, with orchestras, choirs, etc would be jolly good.

but back to topic, a new live dvd would be superb.
though i do agree withthe earlier point that it would have to be a one-off special occasion, rather than just any old gig.
Old 29-08-2010, 12:38
Knowlede Is Power

I'd definitely be up for a new live DVD but not from this upcoming tour. If the Hammersmith gig was anything to go by it'll just be four or five new songs plus greatest hits. Boring. Instead they should do a Live Tonight Sold Out a la Nirvana and collect the best live performances of the belters and some lesser known fan favourites, b-sides etc.

Also, a Holy Bible tour DVD needs to happen soon.