Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 08-01-2008, 12:18
I live to fall asleep

Great news if it's true. I got into the Manics after listening to Truth when it came out so to get a special Anniversary version would be very special. I'm a bit surprised they are doing this, but the album was very popular at the time and is still their best selling album to date (correct me if I'm wrong!) so maybe it makes sense to release a deluxe version. I'm looking forward to some nice lush artwork and hopefully lots of cool stuff on the DVD. I would also love to here the alternate version of Tsunami plus the performances from Chatau de Motte (if there's more besides Tolerate and RFD).
Winterlover

Yeh, a bunch of demos would be awesome, especially from the more production/studio-heavy tracks like I'm Not Working. And here's hoping for the fabled Tsunami demo and Anniversary to No One.
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
When was that footage of an acoustic ME with a piano backing recorded? 1996 or 1998? That would be good if '98, other then that, Anniversary To No-One and other unreleased stuff please!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:19
Doors slowly closing

Ready for drowning with john cale would be nice
Old 08-01-2008, 12:20
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Anybody for Forever Delayed: The 10th Anniversary edition, or would that be stretching it too far?
Old 08-01-2008, 12:21
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
ME
I doubt they're going to put songs not written/recorded for this album on, if the previous two are anything to go by
Old 08-01-2008, 12:27
Winterlover

I'm sure it isn't healthy to be really hyped up about this already with what no fully official confirmation or anything yet!?

But oh sod it, I am .
Old 08-01-2008, 12:27
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Was watching Solitude Sometimes Is on you tube, and it's different to the Lifeblood version. So It'll be good to see a Lifeblood 10th Anniversary at some time.
Just to clear this up, that was an alternative version thought to be a demo that you heard and there are more which were used Patrick Jones' videos. You can also here alternative versions of Emily, Fragments and Cardiff Afterlife.

I doubt there will be a 10th anniversary release for Lifeblood though

Quote:
When was that footage of an acoustic ME with a piano backing recorded? 1996 or 1998?
If it's the one I'm thinking of I can't tell you the exact year but it was from the GT era probably 1992-93 ish.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:28
Bored out of my mind

Can we have a large, shiny poster of the cover photo without the band and writing on it? Please? Want to put it on my wall.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 08-01-2008, 12:30
Winterlover

Location: Not the end of the world...but you can see it from here
I really enjoyed the documentaries talking about the recording/writing/release on the other two anniversay editions so I look forward to this one. Some live vids would be great as would alternate versions and demos of the songs.

“History has remembered the kings and warriors, because they destroyed; Art has remembered the people, because they created”. William Morris
Old 08-01-2008, 12:34
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintGF View Post
no fully official confirmation or anything yet!?
Nicky told Lindz. OK, so that is Nicky telling us about the next album release... but I think we're relatively safe after the last 2 albums decades being marked this way. The market is there I'm sure, this NME thing can only have helped. Like someone else said, it's by far their most commercially successful album. I think (hope) it's a fairly sure thing, and have been kind of expecting it. It makes more sense to do it than not, seems to me - a quick, easy way of the record company generating some cash and it keeps their profile high.

Last edited by tzb; 08-01-2008 at 12:37.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:36
Bored out of my mind

NME won't be able to slag them off quite so much this time round. Ha! Ha!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 08-01-2008, 12:38
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zookeeper's Boy View Post
Nicky told Lindz
Yeah I know and it's most likely fully trustworthy (even if it's Nicky), but by "official" I mean some sort of a news post on the band website or another news outlet. Jjust the full stop on the matter being completely confirmed, or something, so I can have my mind at ease.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:38
Winterlover

Location: Not the end of the world...but you can see it from here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zookeeper's Boy View Post
Nicky told Lindz. OK, so that is Nicky telling us about the next album release... but I think we're relatively safe after the last 2 albums decades being marked this way. The market is there I'm sure, this NME thing can only have helped.
Thats why getting it out before Nov would be a good idea - they could use the festivals in the summer as a way of promotion by doing some of the lesser played tracks from the album.

“History has remembered the kings and warriors, because they destroyed; Art has remembered the people, because they created”. William Morris
Old 08-01-2008, 12:41
Under neon loneliness

Hmm it's a good thought but tbh I think the NME thing, then the festivals, then this in winter (and quite probably a tour in late nov/early dec) would be a good way to keep their profile high all through the year, something which this year (two tours, festivals and an album - with successful singles!) must have shown them is a very very good thing.