Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 02-11-2010, 20:35
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
If I had never heard the Manics before I would check them out if I heard this song. Definitely!
how unbiased do you feel you are being in your hypothetical situation there, mate?

and before you ask, no - i have ordered one bundle out of loyalty. i am not buying any more copies of it than i absolutely have to, no matter which chart position you and they dream of.
blog
Old 02-11-2010, 20:36
I am purity, they call me perverted

They are musicians though, they shouldnt beat themselves up if making videos makes them feel all at sea. It just helps to want to spread the word, it's an artistic medium, embrace it.
Old 02-11-2010, 20:37
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by leericketts View Post
don't you lot in the UK get clogged up with X Factor / Idols shit on sale in December? otherwise, they are against (no doubt) Cliff Richard, Ronan Keating, that blind fellow and a whole load of other "Granny favourites" that get shipped out for sale at Christmas.

other than the intention of my post being pure, silly humour, i am pretty sure what pisses the band off is that there isn't universal love for all that they do here. i don't think they particularly crave it, but i suspect they either haven't got time for anything negative (constructive or otherwise), or just don't get why fans would post less than complimentary things.
oh, I forgot when the single was out. Never mind then. (sue, it wouldn't amount to that many more sales, maybe a few hundred out of nostalgia, but think of the sales of the last single )
I wouldn't think that the band particularly care for fans criticisms from here, but I still would say it's very healthy for people to be critical and to express it. Otherwise people may explode
Old 02-11-2010, 20:39
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
how unbiased do you feel you are being in your hypothetical situation there, mate?

and before you ask, no - i have ordered one bundle out of loyalty. i am not buying any more copies of it than i absolutely have to, no matter which chart position you and they dream of.
No one's asking you to! I dunno if I'm being biased, just saying if I'd stumbled across this song like I did with Tolerate I would want to investigate further.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 02-11-2010, 20:40
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
We would love it if Robbie was singing it
Not me!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 02-11-2010, 20:43
Doors slowly closing

Blue Cat, i believe we agree, just checking i had caused no accidental offence

Quote:
No one's asking you to! I dunno if I'm being biased, just saying if I'd stumbled across this song like I did with Tolerate I would want to investigate further.
woah, there! i understand a lot of people love SKON more than i, but it is no Tolerate!
blog
Old 02-11-2010, 20:44
I am purity, they call me perverted

I adore the song but wow, what a mind-numbingly dull, boring video. 'Int milk brilliant' set to music
Old 02-11-2010, 20:45
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Not me!
2 against one

Twitter!

"To the hideousness of nineteenth-century industrialization is added the desolation of twentieth-century obsolescence. The Black Country looks like Ceaucescu's Romania with fast food outlets."
Theodore Dalrymple

Old 02-11-2010, 20:46
Bored out of my mind

Didn't say it was Tolerate did I? But it's a song I would be drawn to if I hadn't heard them before.
Old 02-11-2010, 20:47
Bored out of my mind

I don't know what sort of exciting stuff some of you were expecting?
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
oh, I forgot when the single was out. Never mind then. (sue, it wouldn't amount to that many more sales, maybe a few hundred out of nostalgia, but think of the sales of the last single )
I wouldn't think that the band particularly care for fans criticisms from here, but I still would say it's very healthy for people to be critical and to express it. Otherwise people may explode
I think you're right, the level of criticism (constructive and otherwise) shows how deeply we engage with what they do and how much it matters to us, whereas with other bands we casually hear we might think 'oh yes, very nice' and never give them any greater thought or consideration.
I live to fall asleep

I wouldn't, Robbie makes me need to vomit.
Old 02-11-2010, 20:48
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafetti View Post
2 against one
3 with my mother. Sadly!
Stretched out in the sun

Gutless Wonder, I'd probably be curious too. But it depends on the mood I'm in, what I want to hear musically, etc. I would find myself curious about the lead vocalist's voice. There are a lot of male vocalists, but few who can sing like that.
I live to fall asleep

Quote:

woah, there! i understand a lot of people love SKON more than i, but it is no Tolerate!
Too true.
Actually offended that anyone could compare it.
I'm protective as Tolerate is my all time favourite song, SKON is mediocre, that's only point of interest is the "There's beauty doing nothing at all" line, which is a beaut

Twitter!

"To the hideousness of nineteenth-century industrialization is added the desolation of twentieth-century obsolescence. The Black Country looks like Ceaucescu's Romania with fast food outlets."
Theodore Dalrymple