Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 23-05-2013, 15:23
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Thanks for the link Rook, the blog looks really impressive, I'll check it out later. keep it going!x
Old 23-05-2013, 17:25
I live to fall asleep

Great blog. The love for TIMT radiates off my screen. Must listen to it tonight.
Old 23-05-2013, 17:35
Under neon loneliness

Cool blog, I wish more bands got this sort of treatment!
Old 23-05-2013, 18:35
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookUK View Post
Hey everyone, I'm Andy, author of the site. As I just told responsible by email, I've been lurking on Forever Delayed on and off for a few years, so it's great to see that you guys have been having a look at the site (I've had more views today than I've ever had, so thanks so much).

The idea behind this is that, basically it's my version of a combination between Flint's excellent 'Manic Street Preachers: Track By Track' blog and Ian MacDonald's book on the Beatles, Revolution in the Head. The difference is that my work is a bit more in-depth, detailed and more about the references than Flint's site, and much less in-depth, detailed and musically literate than MacDonald's incredible efforts. I guess the basic idea is that for all the (often fascinating) talk about the Manics as an entity and about Richey's disappearance, their songs have never the analysis or coverage that they deserve. I'm a huge music fan, and I'd struggle to think of even one other band that I feel deserve this treatment (given that the late MacDonald already did the Fabs).

I'm going to be covering every Manics studio recording, and at the moment I'm posting one track per day (today's track coming up soon - 'I'm Not Working'). What would be amazingly cool would be for me to be able to hear what other Manics fans think of these songs as I cover them and of my write-ups. Manics songs hit different people in different ways - this site is just my interpretation, so if something catches your eye please do comment, email me, or post here. You can also subscribe to the blog and get emails each time I post, if you don't get enough spam yet!

Finding mistakes and letting me know is also great, although please be warned that if you notice that I've left a track out of the sequence and the classification numbers are wrong, then I might actually cry!

yay i love things like this. Thank you so much
Old 23-05-2013, 21:07
An imitation of dignity

So, wow - prior to the blog being linked here I had about 2,000 views total (the blog started towards the start of the year). Today alone I've had almost 1,200 views.

Thanks so much for coming to have a look, you've no idea how much of a thrill it is that people are enjoying this stuff.
Old 23-05-2013, 21:40
Winterlover

A COMPETITOR. Although my blog kinda ran out of steam as soon as I hit the modern Manics tracks and the songs started lacking the years of reflection and time I've had with most of their discography.

(this just reminds me that I really need to update mine at some point)

Last edited by Flint; 23-05-2013 at 21:44.
Old 23-05-2013, 21:49
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
A COMPETITOR. Although my blog kinda ran out of steam as soon as I hit the modern Manics tracks and the songs started lacking the years of reflection and time I've had with most of their discography.

(this just reminds me that I really need to update mine at some point)
Hey Flint - I've been a very regular visitor to your blog while I've been working on mine, there's often been a little fact or story on there I wasn't previously aware of. Plus, I doff my cap to your stamina for getting through it all, running out of steam or not!
Old 23-05-2013, 22:15
Bored of being bored

Damn, I've been meaning to do a trivia & analysis thing for the Manics for a while now, like Revolution in the Head/Songs that saved your life.
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.
Old 23-05-2013, 23:41
Winterlover

This seems a great site. Good work!
Old 24-05-2013, 04:10
A self-made vacuum

This blog might unlock some true potential(yes I just did that ).
Beware!
Old 24-05-2013, 04:12
I am purity, they call me perverted

I've visited the blog before a few times. Great blog.
Old 24-05-2013, 09:31
I live to fall asleep

Great blog,I will read it when I have time.Thanks for the link.
Old 24-05-2013, 10:13
A self-made vacuum

Location: In a leather bound book of the worlds greatest secrets
I really love this kind of thing. I hope one day the manics release a comprehensive book of their songs, processes, etc. Excellent work.
Old 24-05-2013, 11:35
Winterlover

I fancy doing this but probably for another band, or bands in general. Will see if I can be fucked keeping up or trying a mammoth task.
Old 24-05-2013, 14:17
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
I really love this kind of thing. I hope one day the manics release a comprehensive book of their songs, processes, etc. Excellent work.
Given Nicky's apparent propensity for saving masses of souvenirs/information about the band's past, I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility of this (I still don't think it's too likely though). This is why it's so hard to comprehensively review the Manics discography in this way - because we just don't know that much about any of the recording sessions, whereas Ian MacDonald had a lot of information to work with on the Beatles.

I've posted a new track today, 'You're Tender and You're Tired'. I think I'll continue posting one track a day on weekdays, so this will be the last one for this week.