Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 19-01-2011, 19:05
Freed from the century

Well they were originally saying March/April...and it's getting a little late for that to happen. Another shot would have been to tour around Coachella...but they're not playing that either. And now there's talk of another UK tour in May for a new greatest hits or something. I just don't see it happening for us North Americans this year.
Old 21-01-2011, 16:05
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver View Post
I just don't see it happening for us North Americans this year.
No!

Even Suede is played Coachella this year, come on Manics, make me happy
Old 21-01-2011, 16:37
Administrator

They better. I haven't missed seeing them in a year since 2001 and I don't want to go back to the UK to see them!
Old 21-01-2011, 17:20
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrababe View Post
No!

Even Suede is played Coachella this year, come on Manics, make me happy
Aw, but I can't get to Coachella! Or afford to heh.

Sean and Nicky both mentioned they wanted to tour North America. Maybe they're pushing it back to coincide with the greatest hits release in May? Trying to be optimistic!
Old 21-01-2011, 18:38
Winterlover

The album not having dropped officially here suggests one of two things; either it will go the way of Lifeblood and never be released in N America or the delay means that they want to drop it on a date that would coincide with a tour.

Give it another month or so before putting this 'rumour' in it's grave for good.
Old 21-01-2011, 19:10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0drnmoonlight View Post
Aw, but I can't get to Coachella! Or afford to heh.

Sean and Nicky both mentioned they wanted to tour North America. Maybe they're pushing it back to coincide with the greatest hits release in May? Trying to be optimistic!
i don't think there will be a gh release in may...!
Old 19-02-2011, 05:40

From the MSP blog: Bassist Nicky Wire commented “We are really looking forward to playing Cardiff CIA again as it has been over three years since we played there. It will be a great warm up for the festival season and a perfect way to end what has been a brilliant campaign for Postcards From A Young Man. On the last dates (and these coming up) we’ve been playing lots of songs from our past too which has been really enjoyable.“

So, if it's the "perfect end", then no North American tour, I guess. Oh well, maybe in 2019, eh?? (To fit with the decade between dates schedule they've been following for NA.)

Old 19-02-2011, 05:59
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara cathau View Post
From the MSP blog: Bassist Nicky Wire commented “We are really looking forward to playing Cardiff CIA again as it has been over three years since we played there. It will be a great warm up for the festival season and a perfect way to end what has been a brilliant campaign for Postcards From A Young Man. On the last dates (and these coming up) we’ve been playing lots of songs from our past too which has been really enjoyable.“

So, if it's the "perfect end", then no North American tour, I guess. Oh well, maybe in 2019, eh?? (To fit with the decade between dates schedule they've been following for NA.)
JDB mentioned they'd take a break after the 2011 festival season. sigh. I'm still upset. They promised!
Old 19-02-2011, 06:05
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by exopotamie View Post
JDB mentioned they'd take a break after the 2011 festival season. sigh. I'm still upset. They promised!
Ok, so now seeing that Sean said there's a Greatest Hits release coming up next year...maybe they'll go all out and tour North America then?
Old 22-02-2011, 15:51

Yeah, but Sean's the one who first said they were coming back this year.

Maybe if we bombarded them with a bunch of North America post cards, they'd get the hint and come play here like they promised?
Old 26-02-2011, 05:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodleBug View Post
Yeah, but Sean's the one who first said they were coming back this year.

Maybe if we bombarded them with a bunch of North America post cards, they'd get the hint and come play here like they promised?
When I was considering entering their contest (in the end I didn't bother), I bought a whole bunch of postcards. If I thought it would make any difference, and would remind them that they have fans in North America too, and that they promised, I would send them ALL.

Old 26-02-2011, 06:17
Freed from the century

Ha, I'd get behind a postcard campaign too, for what it's worth.

Ultimately though, I doubt it'd change much... I think it really does go back to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatPretender View Post
The album not having dropped officially here suggests one of two things; either it will go the way of Lifeblood and never be released in N America or the delay means that they want to drop it on a date that would coincide with a tour.
With more and more time going by and the band making comments on "a perfect way to end the campaign," it sure looks like we've got another Lifeblood scenario this time around. As much as it sucks, there's no point in them touring for something that people won't be able to find on shelves.
Old 26-02-2011, 06:20
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckedaway View Post
Ha, I'd get behind a postcard campaign too, for what it's worth.

Ultimately though, I doubt it'd change much... I think it really does go back to this:
With more and more time going by and the band making comments on "a perfect way to end the campaign," it sure looks like we've got another Lifeblood scenario this time around. As much as it sucks, there's no point in them touring for something that people won't be able to find on shelves.
Maybe they'll release the new greatest hits here, with the idea that a collection of the big singles would be more commercially appealing. Or maybe not, since the idea of "hits" is sort of negated by an entire continent where they haven't had even one hit...
Old 26-02-2011, 06:24
Freed from the century

Yeah, one would think songs that were "hits" elsewhere might have a little more appeal! Or at least might make people curious enough to check it out.

I've still got some hope that they'll be back whenever the next album/compilation is out — Sean's comment about not wanting to wait another 10 years did seem pretty genuine — but who really knows...