Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 12-09-2021, 19:10
An imitation of dignity

Test checks

So as it been announced that we will be asked for proof of vaccination on the doors, and if so will the vaccination card that you get at time of injections be proof enough ?
Old 12-09-2021, 19:16
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz40 View Post
So as it been announced that we will be asked for proof of vaccination on the doors, and if so will the vaccination card that you get at time of injections be proof enough ?
No the venue's website says it won't accept that ...Will have to be a letter from GP or showing via the NHS app. (not the covid pinging app - the other one)
Old 12-09-2021, 19:28
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz40 View Post
They cover this in the faqs but you can request a paper certificate if you're in wales and don't have photo id or, as hummingbird points out, use the covid pass website. I don't think you need an app for that, do you? You just show them your vaccination status through the portal.

https://motorpointarenacardiff.co.uk/your-visit/faqs

https://gov.wales/nhs-covid-pass-pro...ination-status
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 13-09-2021, 11:59
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
No the venue's website says it won't accept that ...Will have to be a letter from GP or showing via the NHS app. (not the covid pinging app - the other one)
Thank you , just got my nhs barcode . I would of turned up with just my vaccinations card , and been turned away , so thanks again 👍
Old 13-09-2021, 12:00
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
They cover this in the faqs but you can request a paper certificate if you're in wales and don't have photo id or, as hummingbird points out, use the covid pass website. I don't think you need an app for that, do you? You just show them your vaccination status through the portal.

https://motorpointarenacardiff.co.uk/your-visit/faqs

https://gov.wales/nhs-covid-pass-pro...ination-status
Thank you 👍
Old 17-09-2021, 12:07
Bored of being bored

Had an email from Ticketmaster this morning about it.

So I can just use that QR code given to me on the NHS site.

Downloaded the "offline" version to my phone just in case but then I realised I'd need to connect to the Internet to get the Ticketmaster app to work to show them my "ticket"
I can see all this being a barrier to me wanting to go to gigs for a while.

I'm very in favour of measures in place to make things safe, very much in favour of vaccinations (I had covid earlier this year and I'll take what little side effects the Pfizer jabs gave me over the virus itself any day). But so much faffing about...
Old 17-09-2021, 17:49
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaconda Vice View Post
I can see all this being a barrier to me wanting to go to gigs for a while.
I feel the same really, I honestly couldn’t be arsed with the hassle which is why I’ll be missing them this time round. Plus I don’t really feel like I could relax in a packed, sweaty venue when covid is still very much with us, despite being double vaxxed. There was a moment or two of strong temptation though, those first gigs are going to be such a high after the shit we’ve all gone through.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 18-09-2021, 11:37
Under neon loneliness

I used the Covid Pass QR code thingy at Nick Cave last week, I just screenshot it from the website on my phone. Took less than 5 minutes.

In other news I am going on Monday, first time I'll have seen them in Wales.
Old 18-09-2021, 11:54
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzb View Post
I used the Covid Pass QR code thingy at Nick Cave last week, I just screenshot it from the website on my phone. Took less than 5 minutes.

In other news I am going on Monday, first time I'll have seen them in Wales.
Did they ask for photo ID as well? I never got an answer to my email and my name is spelt differently on my NHS records .... Bit confused why they would believe a person carrying a COVID pass letter but not someone with the app. I've ordered one but didn't have to prove my ID to get it.
Old 18-09-2021, 12:00
Under neon loneliness

They did ask for photo ID for the gig, but that more of a condition of the actual gig ticket (which was weird but whatever). The Covid Pass... someone scanned it and waved me through without any other check (seperate person to the ticket checker person). Anyone could've had anyone's.

This was at a theatre venue, so next week might be totally different I'm afraid.
Old 18-09-2021, 12:21
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzb View Post
They did ask for photo ID for the gig, but that more of a condition of the actual gig ticket (which was weird but whatever). The Covid Pass... someone scanned it and waved me through without any other check (seperate person to the ticket checker person). Anyone could've had anyone's.

This was at a theatre venue, so next week might be totally different I'm afraid.
Aah ok cheers that sounds like particular condition for that theatre tho they usually they say u might have to show credit card you bought it with as not everyone has photo ID

Spelling is right on my gig ticket -
Old 18-09-2021, 13:18
Under neon loneliness

Any thoughts/intel on stage times? It's gonna be relevant for my 150 mile drive there. First nighters please let the rest of us know!
Old 18-09-2021, 20:50
Knowlede Is Power

Hmm... I have the NHS app and it gives me a 'domestic' Covid Pass as a QR code, but that says it's only valid in England. But the non-domestic one seems to be specifically for overseas travel/events. And also looks like it takes days to set up.

The arena website and NHS Wales website seem to suggest that I can use the app just fine, but it could also be read the other way.

I'm hella confused. But worst case scenario I'm still getting two nights on my own in Cardiff with no partner, daughter, or cat to deprive me of sleep. So y'know, still a win.
Old 18-09-2021, 21:05
Under neon loneliness

The Cardiff venue's website specifically provides links for obtaining vaccination status in England, Scotland and NI so I'm reading that as they're planning on accepting those methods... https://motorpointarenacardiff.co.uk/your-visit/faqs under "How do I get an NHS Covid Pass?"
Old 18-09-2021, 21:50
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post
Hmm... I have the NHS app and it gives me a 'domestic' Covid Pass as a QR code, but that says it's only valid in England. But the non-domestic one seems to be specifically for overseas travel/events. And also looks like it takes days to set up.

The arena website and NHS Wales website seem to suggest that I can use the app just fine, but it could also be read the other way.

I'm hella confused. But worst case scenario I'm still getting two nights on my own in Cardiff with no partner, daughter, or cat to deprive me of sleep. So y'know, still a win.
You'll be fine with that. I think they say not to use the Welsh portal to get your pass cos they may not be able to access your details and for Welsh residents not to use the app cos that's just for England.

I'm still flummoxed why they're asking for photo ID. Checked another venue and there's no mention of it.