Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-07-2014, 15:02
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyWoodbee View Post
It's 24/7 MANICS since they released it! I'm starting to get people on FB asking me: "What is it with this Manics obsession of yours?" And someone observed that in every FB status update, I somehow end up talking about the Manics within 6 comments or so, regardless of the actual topic. I keep telling them it's like falling in love again with your husband/spouse after having been married for 20 years, and that it'll probably wear off... But I'm just not very convinced this is actually true, haha! At least not until they release a crappy album again.
We're Manic-obsessed fools! XD They won't release crappy album Maybe different but never crappy. Manics are never modern but eternal.
It'll wear off eventually just to come back again.
Old 23-07-2014, 00:41
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marat Sar View Post
Middle-aged mother of three? That's cool as fuck!
Thanks, it may seem so...
Old 23-07-2014, 06:33
Bored of being bored

This LP is very good on the whole, though I can her Rihanna, Van Halen & a few nursery rhymes on it, the sound of it is very well mixed/produced. I'm not a huge fan of the 80's Synth era but they have found a good balance, its not so OTT either.

It is certainly their most different LP ever in terms of the genre of music/lyrics. It's true, you wouldn't really listen to RTF so much after hearing this.

I would be quite upset if this LP was not toured properly in terms of the material from its, it needs to have at least 6 songs played from it but ideally 7.
Old 23-07-2014, 06:43
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marat Sar View Post
Middle-aged mother of three? That's cool as fuck!
Lol, a few of those around on here!! add Grandmother to my CV.
Old 23-07-2014, 08:16
Desire on its knees

been fairly ambivalent to previous 'guest as lead singer' tracks, but the way Georgia Ruth Williams sings "disguise" on Divine Youth is just...
Old 23-07-2014, 17:26
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow View Post
This LP is very good on the whole, though I can her Rihanna, Van Halen & a few nursery rhymes on it, the sound of it is very well mixed/produced. I'm not a huge fan of the 80's Synth era but they have found a good balance, its not so OTT either.

It is certainly their most different LP ever in terms of the genre of music/lyrics. It's true, you wouldn't really listen to RTF so much after hearing this.

I would be quite upset if this LP was not toured properly in terms of the material from its, it needs to have at least 6 songs played from it but ideally 7.
I get the Van Halen and the nursery rhymes bit... But where are you hearing Rihanna? I'm intrigued! And yeah, I really really dislike a huge part of everything that's been released in the 80s because I'm just not a fan of synthie music at all, but for some reason I don't even notice it so much here. Or it just doesn't bother me, not sure.

Totally agree about them touring it and playing at least six songs. I'd be disappointed if the spring dates were really all we got "Futurology"-wise. They only played "Europa" and, I think, "Walk Me..." in Berlin.

And... Lovely, "LP". Young(er) poeple probably don't know what you're talking about, considering some of them even think it's funny when you tell them you bought a band's latest CD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
Lol, a few of those around on here!! add Grandmother to my CV.
To be fair, I suppose most Manics fans who were with them from the start would be what, in their late thirties/early forties now? I'd rather be that age but have seen the Manics back then instead of being 31 and having had to endure a teenage life with Limp Bizkit and Papa Roach.
Old 24-07-2014, 09:24
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyWoodbee View Post
I get the Van Halen and the nursery rhymes bit... But where are you hearing Rihanna? I'm intrigued! And yeah, I really really dislike a huge part of everything that's been released in the 80s because I'm just not a fan of synthie music at all, but for some reason I don't even notice it so much here. Or it just doesn't bother me, not sure.

Totally agree about them touring it and playing at least six songs. I'd be disappointed if the spring dates were really all we got "Futurology"-wise. They only played "Europa" and, I think, "Walk Me..." in Berlin
Not sure what song it is as I'm playing the songs randomly but there is Rhianna's Umbrella in it somewhere the way its sung, not the music as such.
Old 24-07-2014, 12:58

I freaking LOVE the last 30-40 seconds of "Between the Clock and the Bed", the music changes, I wish they extended that part a bit more. Ok maybe it's the last minute of the song or so..you know what I mean.

Hatred and failure go perfectly together
Like the quick and the sand beautiful and damned
I live through these moments again and again
Repeated images of enemies and friends

Last edited by Zee; 25-07-2014 at 14:36.
Old 26-07-2014, 08:33
Freed from the century

I've really enjoyed listening to Futurology since it was released. Not listened to much else.
I'd like the guitar in LGTW to be louder, more akin to the live version. But it's still a great song.
I agree with everyone that's said Divine Youth would fit on RTF. I love the way Georgia Ruth Williams sings the "battered and bruised skin" line.
The three tracks are all ace too, particularly Empty Motorcade.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:51
Doors slowly closing

Before anyone says, this isn't me.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...8/Manic-fandom
Old 02-08-2014, 09:57
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
I don't know who Simon Sweetman is, but he looks like a thinner version of Harry Knowles. And his writing is just as poor.
Old 02-08-2014, 14:12
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
My favourite bit was "a band that's never really had anything to say", love 'em or hate 'em, that was the lollest of lols.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 02-08-2014, 14:14
Administrator

Lousy reviewer in i'll be controversial to get attention shocker.
Old 02-08-2014, 14:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
Lousy reviewer in i'll be controversial to get attention shocker.
Absolutely. You do have to agree with him on one point, though: us Manics fans are quite a nutty, maniacal, "special bunch" indeed. And possibly misguided at times, as well, considering we're following our leaders, one of them being Nicky Wire, who openly admits he is "quite prepared to admit" he was wrong.
Old 02-08-2014, 18:56
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
I still like the album. I still listen to the album. But listening to other stuff from 2014 and... I prefer Gruff Rhys's "American Interior" as my album of the year.
But I still like Futurology. I should be getting around to ranking the albums by this time next Saturday. It's still got that sheen to it!