Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 23-05-2019, 22:26
I live to fall asleep

Bit weird that. Never been to a gig stopped for fighting. They did their best to kick in afterwards though.
Old 23-05-2019, 22:34
Builder of routine

Gig stopped for fighting ?? and there was me thinking trouble would get less with an older crowd. Obvs not !
Old 24-05-2019, 06:28
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

It's the older crowd who tends to get a bit more sloshed.

There's been a weird vibe this tour, have been hearing about a lot of negative experiences in regard to crowd behaviour.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 24-05-2019, 07:28
I live to fall asleep

Yea, it probably wasn’t the nicest gig environment I’ve been to. Lot of people very tanked up and the academy is a bloody awful venue.
The boys were great though. Fab set, and they seemed to be enjoying themselves aside from the argy bargy.
Old 24-05-2019, 07:30
Bored out of my mind

I wasn’t there last night, but have seen on Twitter/Facebook what happened. James handled it well from the video I saw. I can’t imagine how embarrassing it would be to be told off by the band you’re supposed to be a fan of, but clearly some can’t care about such things!

Tbh I’ve noticed at gigs in general more recently that security don’t seem to be as visible as they used to be. At most gigs there used to be several stood in front of the stage looking out at the crowd, but they all seem to stand at the side and in the shadows now and only pop up to hand out water (twice on this tour they’ve tried to hand it out during You Love Us of all songs as well, which seems a bit ill-timed but there we are!). They need to be diffusing these situations swiftly before they get out of hand.

Last edited by Abstract Unknown Girl; 24-05-2019 at 07:45.
Old 24-05-2019, 08:27
Doors slowly closing

The first guy was definitely on something. Couldn’t even keep his tongue in his mouth and needed about 6 people to restrain him. I was at the receiving end of a thump in the back from him. Absolutely ridiculous that they didnt station security in front of the stage though.
Old 24-05-2019, 09:18
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
The first guy was definitely on something. Couldn’t even keep his tongue in his mouth and needed about 6 people to restrain him. I was at the receiving end of a thump in the back from him. Absolutely ridiculous that they didnt station security in front of the stage though.
Agree. I was waving at security in Manchester for help to deal with a drunk woman behind me, but they just looked at me thinking what you waving at!
Old 24-05-2019, 11:24
I am purity, they call me perverted

Well, it led to some pretty nice banter between James and the crowd, so not a complete loss. Still baffling and shitty behaviour though...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NhA0pVG_pM
Old 24-05-2019, 14:32
Builder of routine

Good that James tried to sort it out but he shouldn't have to. Are security scared of confrontation nowadays????
Old 24-05-2019, 16:43
I live to fall asleep

What would happen if you accidentally happened to elbow one of the those guys in the face in such a melee? Accidentally of course?

The crowd in the Shepherds Bush Empire gig on the Saturday night was REALLY old. And loads of (drunk) dudes. It was all a bit weird.
Old 24-05-2019, 19:22
Bored of being bored

https://www.expressandstar.com/enter...ingham-review/
Old 24-05-2019, 19:32
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
I wasn’t there last night, but have seen on Twitter/Facebook what happened. James handled it well from the video I saw. I can’t imagine how embarrassing it would be to be told off by the band you’re supposed to be a fan of, but clearly some can’t care about such things!
Yeah he handled it really well, a testament to the man he is.

Not sure what Nicky thought - he looked really embarrassed / bored / pissed off with it.

I only remember it happening once before at Glastonbury 99 where people were getting crushed at the front and James stopped halfway through Yes.

It’s become more often at Manics gigs over the years. Maybe it’s just because I go to Manics gigs more than any other band but they seem to be littered with bellends these days. Gobby kids with a couple of shandies down their necks.
Old 24-05-2019, 20:27
Doors slowly closing

Missed PR opportunity from Bradders. Dave Nicestguyinrock Grohl managed to go viral when it happened to him.

https://youtu.be/FR530bo4ceU
Old 24-05-2019, 20:28
A self-made vacuum

The first instance of commotion was a few rows behind me. Didn't see all of what happened, but saw enough - I've never seen anything like it before.

Apart from that, I think that's amongst one of my favourite shows from the band. I so love hearing the Truth album tracks and Sleepflower was great again. And not only that, but I think Gwenno has been really good and it's been nice to hear one of my favourite songs from Bill Ryder-Jones pre-show too.
Old 24-05-2019, 20:37
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmartyr View Post
The first instance of commotion was a few rows behind me. Didn't see all of what happened, but saw enough - I've never seen anything like it before.

Apart from that, I think that's amongst one of my favourite shows from the band. I so love hearing the Truth album tracks and Sleepflower was great again. And not only that, but I think Gwenno has been really good and it's been nice to hear one of my favourite songs from Bill Ryder-Jones pre-show too.
Any idea what was actually going on? All we could glean from our side was there was some fisticuffs.