Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 22-05-2019, 20:24
Bored out of my mind

I've just about come round from the last couple of nights, although going to work this morning was especially painful. I should really have booked an extra day off, so that will teach me!

I enjoyed this gig, although the second night was by far the better of the two for me. Both were better than Bath, although the sound for Gwenno in particular was much better in Bath. The bass was turned up far too high at the Ritz and was drowning Gwenno's vocals out at times.

One thing I will say is I really cannot be arsed with YLAINE or It's Not War. I can just about maybe cope with the former (although it feels like it could end about three times before it actually does), but having both in the same set list did not amuse It just felt like a waste when half the set is pre-determined, but hey ho never mind. They did improve things the following night at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
At one point later in the show Nicky reeled off an incredibly long list of the venues they'd played in Manchester over the years, although needed promting from the audience for the Albert Hall. Turns out he'd hated the venue, which is a shame as I'd loved the Holy Bible gig there.
I couldn't believe he said that (although I feel like James may have made a 'he's been drinking' type gesture at this point, but I could be mis-remembering that ), as those two gigs at the Albert Hall were amazing. They beat all of the other THB20 dates I did, including all of the summer shows the year after. It was the perfect setting for that album as well! So, sorry Nicky, but you're talking crap

I took a few photos, but tbh was enjoying myself far too much at both nights:

Old 22-05-2019, 20:29
Builder of routine

I raised an eyebrow when i read Nicky said he hated the Albert Hall. Praps they did not provide the right brand of crisps?

Missed these 2 dates cos I'm a bit delicate these days and i remember the venue was sweltering the last time they played there and I had to go to the bar for a pint of water. Of course I could have just booked balcony tickets instead...
Old 23-05-2019, 17:57
Freed from the century

I remember the stage at the Albert Hall being ridiculously high and quite small, maybe it was something to do with that?
Old 23-05-2019, 18:24
Builder of routine

aah maybe !
Old 23-05-2019, 20:00
Winterlover

To be fair I was there the other night (first visit,) and I thought; "hmm can't image that being much fun for a band." The stage is pretty small without a full touring rig on it.
Old 23-05-2019, 20:15
Bored of being bored

Good job there were only three of them on stage for the first half of the gig then!