Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 28-05-2019, 19:14
Bored out of my mind

Really enjoyed last night. I wasn't sure what the venue was going to be like for gigs, as the only time I've been before was for a comedy show, but I actually really liked it. It was a bit like a mini version of Leeds Arena. We had a nice lunch and wander round York before the gig as well and it was nice to see them somewhere different for a change.

I've really been enjoying the rarer Truth tracks, especially Be Natural and You're Tender and You're Tired. Prologue to History has been sounding great too...for some reason I like how James has been growling "politician" and "mission" on each line. I feel like I'm the only Manics fan who couldn't care less about Guns N Roses, but oh well, I suppose at least it was something different. James looked like he was having a blast with it too.

Not sure if it was because the stage was really low, but my photos came out very dark compared to other gigs...oh well. I'm much more lax about taking photos than I used to be and would rather just enjoy it all (and stare at James ).

Me trying to be artistic...or something.
Old 28-05-2019, 20:58
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
I feel like I'm the only Manics fan who couldn't care less about Guns N Roses, but oh well, I suppose at least it was something different.
No, I absolutely loathe them, and the GnR influence is one barrier between me and fully enjoying GT. I got into them from a melodic indie-rock perspective, and '80s cock rock is possibly the nadir of rock music for me, so I'm quite glad I've not had to see one of my favourite bands doing Sweet Child (even though the second half of the song is unintentionally hilarious).
Old 28-05-2019, 22:08
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
Dammit I'm on comedy for tonight.... Twas me that word out "Fuck fromage" that not only got a large chunk of the audience laughing but also got repeated by Gwen on stage.

You probably had to be there....
Bravo It made me laugh.