Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 24-09-2013, 00:17
Stretched out in the sun

Burn the jacket.
Old 24-09-2013, 00:18
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozendiva View Post
Burn the jacket.
It won't burn with THAT amount of sweat soaking it, unfortunately! I have a deep-seated irrational hatred of that jacket because it's so ill-fitting and ugly! Someone destroy it, preferably before tomorrow!

Livet är kort, för kort för att slösas bort
Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 24-09-2013, 00:19
Winterlover

Quote:
Burn the jacket.
100% agree.
Old 24-09-2013, 00:20
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachelorette View Post
It won't burn with THAT amount of sweat soaking it, unfortunately! I have a deep-seated irrational hatred of that jacket because it's so ill-fitting and ugly! Someone destroy it, preferably before tomorrow!
Sssh. The hat may come back...
I'm just a pasty

Jesus wept. Jacket burning is my cue to go to bed. No more pics for you tonight.
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Sssh. The hat may come back...
Nooo!! Don't jinx it!

Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 24-09-2013, 00:22
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shug View Post
Jesus wept. Jacket burning is my cue to go to bed. No more pics for you tonight.
You LIKED the jacket?? It's a clear case of a shit outfit happening to an otherwise gorgeous man.

Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 24-09-2013, 00:25
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
No she's an evil warbling witch. Her manipulative powers only work on the front rows, though. It's like Saruman's voice and I am Gandalf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriet View Post
I was there - my first Manics gig after waiting forever!!! Amazing, absolutely amazing, had a photo with Nicky, cried a lot and now desperately seeking a ticket for Shepherds bush...
Brilliant, glad you enjoyed it! I love trying to spot first-timers in the crowd. The enthusiasm is lovely to see.

Quote:
Oh, and I was way too shy to even look at people in the queue closely, I'm a bit of a socially awkward person. I spotted someone I thought looked like Sculpture Of A Bloke on zebra crossing outside, but you don't approach a random 6' + guy and ask him whether he's a sculpture! Or do you?
I am too. Really! Though I think I'm doing quite well.

I actually nearly walked right into Sculpture the morning after the Newport gig. It was only about 7am or 8am and I suspect we were both a bit out of it, and I was on the hunt for a McDonalds and almost cannoned into him on a street corner. There was this really awkward moment where I was looking at him thinking "I know his face, is he from the forum?" And he was looking at my 'You Love Us' top and seemed to be wondering if he was meant to recognise me Didn't say a word to each other, of course!

Quote:
You stand right in front of James to take a picture of Wire?
She's clearly got a sensible head on her shoulders. *nods*
Old 24-09-2013, 00:29
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post

She's clearly got a sensible head on her shoulders. *nods*
Fanboy! I'm off to bed, now, might see you tomorrow, shyness allowing! well, at least Wire was wearing aesthetically pleasing clothes.

Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 24-09-2013, 01:06
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Gave James my rose and was rewarded with a kiss on the cheek... Yey. Great gig, fab venue and lovely seeing everyone..special thanks to shrug for my badge. Hoping to go to Manchester.

Old 24-09-2013, 06:02
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
Barrier!

Shook james's hand after he signed my ticket. Nicky signed it too. No photos with them but im more than thrilled with my first stage door experience
Its easy. I shall do it again. Thanks for the company shug marwood sandrine, cricri and anyone else i spoke to. See you tommorrow
Yay!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 24-09-2013, 07:50
I am purity, they call me perverted

i was at colston hall last night How long do you guys wait by the stage door to see the band after the gig?
Old 24-09-2013, 08:06
Winterlover

Well... I'm back at work this morning after getting home to Birmingham at around 2:40am! I feel absolutely cream crackered.

Gig was absolutely amazing. Had a prime spot on the front row of the main balcony - lovely view. Pictures later hopefully. The set was an improvement from Newport!! Really enjoyed 30 Year War and *READY FOR DROWNING* Nice to get bits of Sleepflower and Tokyo Skyline (James called the guy who shouted out for it a "bastard"!). And yes, yet again we got the old Echo and the Bunnymen story.... Nicky and James both appeared to be in great spirits throughout!!

Always nice to see my very good friends from here - too many to mention but I'll try: Sim (who got me to Bristol and back home in one piece!), Sandrine, Shug, Cri, Paul (archivesoftherevollover), Dave (Natures Discontent), Rich (Sculptureofabloke), Alex (Nasal Scarecrow), Alex (Let Robeson Sing), Lindz.... Sad not to meet my fellow Queen fan Hummingbird even though we were both standing by the stage door! Also tried looking for bachelorette in the seating area with no luck Lots of pushing when the band came out. What was that all about?!?!?!?

Met James, Nicky and Sean yesterday. Gave James my personal copy of a new but very hard to find Pete Ham demo set, which he appreciated. Said some nice things about my music which he's heard and when I told him I was recording with Sean Read next week he wished me luck (should've asked him to come and play a solo or two for me...). Didn't speak to Nicky but got a pic and a couple of handshakes (don't ask me why I got two). Spoke to Sean but never got a pic but asked him if he had received the letter that Sim wrote collectively on behalf of myself and Sandrine after the Newport gig the other week when we all jumped out of Sim's car to meet him (me having no shoes on...)... he cracked up laughing and said he hadn't got it yet but he was going to check it when he got there!

All in all a lovely evening and really looking forward to Manchester on Friday!
23/08/01 CIA, 06/04/05 Civic Hall, 24/05/06 Camden Barfly, 11/10/06 Birmingham Barfly, 12/05/07 Cardiff Uni, 21/05/07 Civic Hall, 27/05/07 Manchester Apollo, 02/06/07 Colston Hall, 09/06/07 Reading Hexagon, 08/12/07 Birmingham NIA, 12/12/07 Brixton Academy, 28/02/08 O2 Arena, 30/05/09 Roundhouse, 12/10/10 Derby Assembly Rooms, 14/12/10 Birmingham O2 Academy, 19/05/11 Civic Hall, 17/12/11 O2 Arena, 06/11/12 Rough Trade, 13/09/13 Newport Centre, 23/09/13 Colston Hall, 27/09/13 Manchester Ritz, 29/03/14 Cardiff Motorpoint, 31/03/14 Leicester De Montfort, 06/04/14 Civic Hall, 08/07/14 Rough Trade, 14/05/16 Genting Arena, 09/07/17 Llangollen, 06/10/17 Drama Studio, 16/03/18 Absolute Radio, 14/04/18 Rough Trade, 27/04/18 Birmingham Arena, 05/05/18 Cardiff Motorpoint

Twitter: @KhizzyJ

Last edited by FacelessSenseOfVoid; 24-09-2013 at 08:10.
Old 24-09-2013, 08:16
I am purity, they call me perverted

Massively enjoyable - they were in great spirits, agreed!

Rewind The Film was absolutely wonderful I thought.

Sad that the guy right in front of me the whole gig barely moved a muscle. At least tap your foot sunshine! But otherwise, a tremendous night.

Enjoy London all. Next stop - Manic-chester!

09/04/14 Brighton Centre, 08/04/14 Bournemouth Academy, 01/04/14 Manchester Apollo, 31/03/14 Leicester De Montford Hall, 29/03/14 Cardiff Arena, 28/03/14 Leeds FD Arena, 29/09/13 Glasgow Barrowland, 27/09/13 Manchester Ritz, 23/09/13 Bristol Colston Hall 13/09/13 Newport Centre, 17/12/11 London o2, 21/05/11 Cardiff Arena, 27/01/11 Blackwood Miners Institute, 09/10/10 Blackburn King George's Hall, 26/06/10 Millennium Stadium, 21/08/08 Newport Centre, 14/12/07 Brighton Centre, 02/06/07 Bristol Colston Hall, 12/05/07 Cardiff Uni, 11/05/07Cardiff Uni, 08/12/06 Manchester Apollo, 11/04/05 Bristol Colston Hall, 22/01/05 Millennium Stadium, 11/01/05 Cardiff Arena, 16/12/02 Cardiff Arena
Old 24-09-2013, 08:49
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessSenseOfVoid View Post

Met James, Nicky and Sean yesterday. Gave James my personal copy of a new but very hard to find Pete Ham demo set, which he appreciated. Said some nice things about my music which he's heard and when I told him I was recording with Sean Read next week he wished me luck (should've asked him to come and play a solo or two for me...). Didn't speak to Nicky but got a pic and a couple of handshakes (don't ask me why I got two). Spoke to Sean but never got a pic but asked him if he had received the letter that Sim wrote collectively on behalf of myself and Sandrine after the Newport gig the other week when we all jumped out of Sim's car to meet him (me having no shoes on...)... he cracked up laughing and said he hadn't got it yet but he was going to check it when he got there!
- You are not going to London?
- You should have asked James for a solo! Oh yes!
- Sean is adorable!