Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-05-2019, 17:10
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide Aldi View Post
Ok, sorry about my very sweary amd badly thought out post laat night.
I guess i was just generally feeling pissed off with alot of discussion I had seen on social media recently by people complaining about moshing and jumping, saying things like "I should have the right to stand and watch a gig without being pushed into while i was trying to film the entire thing ect." These are also the same folk who complain about, "my enjoyment of the gig was totally ruined because somone tall stood inftont of me." I mean, where does it end? Closing the bars amd having everyone stand perfectly still in hight order???
Anyway, I accept that this is of course totally different from what is being discussed in this thread, and yes, throwing punches and starting fights is taking things WAY too far, and yes, people should be able to enjoy a gig without the fear of being attacked.

Ill get my coat now...

I very much echo a lot of this. Was at the Shepherd’s Bush Friday gig, and it’s probably the tensest standing area I’ve been in. One guy had a massive go at another guy for filming (kinda justifiably, but was way out of order in terms of anger levels...), and a lot of people getting angry at each other for either jumping too much, or standing too still. None of this excuses fist fights, but there just seemed to be a real bad feeling... something I’ve never really noticed before at Manics gigs?

Twitter!

"To the hideousness of nineteenth-century industrialization is added the desolation of twentieth-century obsolescence. The Black Country looks like Ceaucescu's Romania with fast food outlets."
Theodore Dalrymple