Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 05-09-2009, 15:37
Bored out of my mind

As I mentioned in another thread, the lady in the canteen at work said she liked the Manics when she saw me wearing my SATT tee! So that made my day!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 05-09-2009, 16:43
I am purity, they call me perverted

Being an American fan I have only one experience. I was in the library in college and a guy came in with an EMG us tour shirt. We started talking about how cool it was to get to see them in such tiny places and how nobody has ever heard of them, LOL.
Old 05-09-2009, 17:35

I've never met any Manics fans in normal situations here. The only fans I met in person were all from The Uk.

They aren't very popular here (almost nobodies). I think they played at Sziget because of the huge amount of Brits who always attend the festival.
Old 05-09-2009, 18:14
Bored of being bored

I married the first random Manics fan I ever met. Talk about getting a bit overexcited...

I met another who was like a 40-year-old Richey wearing GATS era clothes. He followed me around a market once because I had a GATS t-shirt on. I'm so glad he wasn't the first random Manics fan I ever met.
Old 05-09-2009, 18:17
Bored out of my mind

Glad to see you back Jen!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 05-09-2009, 18:18
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Glad to see you back Jen!
Thanks. Maybe this time I won't get distracted with something else and not post here for months.
Old 05-09-2009, 18:19
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slag View Post
I married the first random Manics fan I ever met. Talk about getting a bit overexcited...
Too cute
Old 05-09-2009, 18:23
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slag View Post
Thanks. Maybe this time I won't get distracted with something else and not post here for months.
He! He! Don't leave it so long next time!
Old 05-09-2009, 22:45

I was at a House of Blues show in Boston right after coming back from the UK (seeing the Llandudno show). I had the tour t-shirt (with the JFPL cover) on, and this guy and his wife jumped in front of me on the way out of the men's. They had "spotted" me going into the men's and saw the shirt and said they were determined to catch me on the way out. Chatted to them for a good few mins and they were huge Manics fans. The guy was desperate to get his hands on JFPL (so he'll be glad its getting a domestic release here). One of the more odder introductions to a Manics fan I've had (given I was on the way back from the loo), but great none the less.
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18
Old 06-09-2009, 12:50

napnet86 from here works with me - we bonded over nicky wire - it's been pretty special, even if we do get odd looks in the canteen etc!
Old 06-09-2009, 13:29

They just do not understand, do they? Come to think of it, that was a quite interesting bus journey!

I also remember meeting a guy back in February or March when out with my ex-girlfriend at some place in Glasgow city centre - probably The Garage - with a red Working Class Hero t-shirt. After a "back in a minute, just going to the bar..." I went to say hello and had a chat about how we both became Manics fans. Then I went back to her without drinks and she said "You went to speak to that guy with the t-shirt, didn't you?".
Old 06-09-2009, 18:17
Builder of routine

A teacher at my school noticed one of my badges and started to talk to me about Richey and THB and going to see the Manics Millenium but had no idea SATT had been released.
Old 06-09-2009, 20:23

I met one in the library at college last week! she saw my Richey/setlist shirt from the tour
Old 13-09-2009, 16:55
A self-made vacuum

I’ve met some people random manis fans on the street but to be fair i mainly meet people who hate them and when they see me in a shirt i normally get a cleaver comment like "AHH YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE NEXT" - the future politicians of Briton aye!
Old 13-09-2009, 19:33
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archivesoftherevollover View Post
when they see me in a shirt i normally get a cleaver comment like "AHH YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE NEXT"
Whenever I hear clever comments like this I wish I could summon giant tumbleweeds and make them roll in the background to an eerie cold wind.

I wish I'd met random manics fans. I only got a comment from a casual fan (a colleague of mine) who told me he loves THB, which he bought in Scotland.