Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 30-09-2013, 12:54
Winterlover

^thank you!
Old 30-09-2013, 13:59
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTMA View Post
Whet was the name of the song? Everyone except me seemed to know it.
chance.
Old 30-09-2013, 14:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasnost View Post
No Tokyo Skyline tonight. He did a Big Country cover instead.

Gig was on a par with Manchester! Really up for it crowd. Barras booked again for next April
I can`t really pick a favourite night as they were all Fucking Brilliant !!!! Maybe just The Ritz but only just, on a total downer now !! be alright in a few days
Old 30-09-2013, 15:10

It was v good, thank you the Glasgow crowd.
Old 30-09-2013, 15:16

Wow! Certainly one of the best gigs I've ever been to. The lads were on top form and the crowd was great. I can't wait for all the excitement again in April.

If anyone wants to see my photos this album will be set to 'Public' for a week or so

Quote:
For thousands of years, human beings had screwed up and trashed and crapped on this planet, and now history expected me to clean up after everyone. I have to wash out and flatten my soup cans, and account for every drop of used motor oil. And I have to foot the bill for nuclear waste and burned gasoline tanks and landfilled toxic sludge dumped a generation before I was born.
Old 30-09-2013, 15:21
Doors slowly closing

Really good gig. The new songs sounded smashing live even Show Me The Wonder which I'm not that keen on.

Crowd was really lively too, maybe the fact it was a Bank Holiday weekend for a lot of folk had something to with it.

Roll on April

"If you look after the sport the money will follow you, if you look after the money you'll kill the sport.''
Old 30-09-2013, 15:23
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mute solitude View Post
Wow! Certainly one of the best gigs I've ever been to. The lads were on top form and the crowd was great. I can't wait for all the excitement again in April.

If anyone wants to see my photos this album will be set to 'Public' for a week or so
Really great pictures you have there!
Old 30-09-2013, 16:44
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by mute solitude View Post
Wicked pics! Here are mine - some rather similar ones but from a slightly different angle It's a bit of a Wire-fest, be warned!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennyx/...7636053015986/

Really enjoyed the gig - it was a very wide stage which meant we could be right in front of Nicky but not in the mosh, which suited me fine on this occasion. Funniest moment was when James did a big introduction to You Love Us, arms outstretched, and then clocked the rest of the band looking confused and realised he had skipped a song (Sleepflower), so they swapped those two over. Roll on April...
Old 30-09-2013, 16:45
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasnost View Post
If you tolerate this, then your children will be missed, will be missed, will be missed
haha!! It was a good effort from him, it has to be said.

"Life is a farce in which all must perform" ~ Arthur Rimbaud

Facebook

Twitter
Old 30-09-2013, 16:45
Under neon loneliness

I don't know how they do it, but for a couple of sweaty hours last night, I was 30 again. Brilliant gig, lovely fans, fantastic city (thank you Jay).

Did anyone else think that they played the best Kevin Carter ever last night? It was in a different league from other times I've heard it. I thought it was a bit different when they played it at the Ritz, so I paid attention last night and it was awesome.
Old 30-09-2013, 19:33
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouLoveMe View Post
Great gig, one of the best in my 22 years of seeing the band live, although slightly marred by a high ned quota in the crowd. One decided to call my wife a stupid bitch then challenged me to a fight for asking him to apologise. This was during Rewind The Film, thus slightly ruining the ambience of the song!
Were you quite near the front, centre of stage? I saw something beginning to kick off behind me at the barrier, security had their eyes trained on what was going on for a while. Some drunk idiot behind me ended up forcing some poor girl away from her barrier spot after she presumably caved in and thought better of trying to keep him and his friend back, I think he was on his last warning after he nearly elbowed some poor lady beside for the umpteenth time.

I must admit I was rather sceptical about the gig last night, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll definitely be going to the gig in April!

Have to agree about the ned quota last night. Some right knob ends right behind me moaning about the support act being shite etc.

Managed to get a copy of the setlist, or I thought I did until I got back to the premier inn at 2am after a detour to flat 0/1 for drinks. Turns out I was given a sheet with the lyrics to As Holy As The Soul
Old 30-09-2013, 20:07
Mr Msppedia

Did anyone get a copy of the setlist with the quote at the bottom legible? If so what was it?
Old 30-09-2013, 20:14
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayseph View Post
Am I going completely mad, or did Wire play a bass solo on 30 Year War?
It took me aback a little as well, but it is on the song - it just wasn't initially massively obvious (to me anyway) that it was a bass solo.
Old 30-09-2013, 21:01
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPKYE View Post
Did anyone get a copy of the setlist with the quote at the bottom legible? If so what was it?
A girl next to me got a copy and sent me a photo of it. It read...

"Once I finished school, I was like, well fuck it, i'm done with people. I'll just hang out with myself forever".
Old 30-09-2013, 21:12
Mr Msppedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally View Post
A girl next to me got a copy and sent me a photo of it. It read...

"Once I finished school, I was like, well fuck it, i'm done with people. I'll just hang out with myself forever".
Ah thank you very much! Was it by anyone?

Last edited by MSPKYE; 30-09-2013 at 21:16.