Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 03-11-2011, 00:43
I live to fall asleep

That moment, when James introduced Solitude Sometimes Is at Wolves was so great. Id been good and not read the setlists so when they played that, so.emotional

Twitter!

"To the hideousness of nineteenth-century industrialization is added the desolation of twentieth-century obsolescence. The Black Country looks like Ceaucescu's Romania with fast food outlets."
Theodore Dalrymple

Old 03-11-2011, 01:38
Winterlover

YLAINE is a good song, can't believe the amount of people on here who don't like it.

I admit, I didn't like it at first, but now I think it's great, so...yeah.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:45
I am purity, they call me perverted

I just think Nina is fabulous.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:17
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobafettish View Post
That moment, when James introduced Solitude Sometimes Is at Wolves was so great. Id been good and not read the setlists so when they played that, so.emotional
Saying 'Some of you might want to go to the bar now!' - Naughty James!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 03-11-2011, 08:30
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
How very dare thee!
...don't think I really explained myself did I Gutless!
I find this song jars in the NT album, it doesn't sit nicely for me, especially if you listen to the whole album and hear the quality of the lyrics and music of the songs prior to YLAINE. Getting Nina in to sing is great as she does indeed have a beautiful voice, but I feel this was just an attempt to hide the lazy, repetitive lyrics and make the song more commercial and palatable. Can't help it Gutless, hate the song! - I know how much other people love it's 'poppiness' and sing-a-long-ness and that's fine. I cannot. It's dross compared to their earlier stuff but if this helps just one person get into the Manics and hear their fantastic stuff prior to 2007 then that is job done!

I know when I'll be taking my loo/bar breaks at the O2! (and it wouldn't be to Solitude Sometimes Is if they were playing that either!)
Old 03-11-2011, 20:09
Winterlover

Just seen on Facebook that one of my friends is listening to SATT (not sure whether the song or the album, maybe both) on Spotify, and I got all unnecessarily excited, as I never thought he would have liked the Manics. Haha.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:44
An imitation of dignity

I found out whilst chirping along to Manics in my car yesterday, that singing There By The Grace of God in an operatic bloke-off-the-go-compare-ad kind of way really suits the song. I kept it up for a good 2 mins before feeling a bit light headed. Who'd have thunk it?
Old 06-11-2011, 11:23
A self-made vacuum

I like YLAINE. It came out a year before I became a manics fan and before I really knew who they were and I did nearly go and buy SATT after hearing it but changed my mind for some reason.
Then again, I'm not sure I'd be such a big fan now if I had bought it because i expect I wouldn't have bothered to listen to other albums.

Camden Roundhouse 29/05/09 - Brixton Academy 22/01/11 - Hard Rock Cafe London 02/02/11 - O2 Arena 17/12/11 - BBC Radio 2 Festival in a Day 08/09/13 - Shepards Bush Empire 24/09/13 - Brighton Centre 09/04/14 - Brixton Academy 11/04/14 - Rough Trade East 08/07/2014 - Camden Roundhouse 17/12/14 - Cardiff Castle 05/06/15 - Grosse Freiheit 36 Hamburg 26/04/16 - Swansea Liberty Stadium 28/05/16 - Victorious Festival Portsmouth 27/08/16 - London Southbank Centre 19/06/18
Old 06-11-2011, 14:12
I live to fall asleep

I don't know where to put this but my friend got a text last night from someone saying they had been speaking to Sean in a pub in Louth and he's buying a house there.

How bizarre.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:42
Desire on its knees

That's pretty amazing, in a weird way.

Facebook Twitter
Old 07-11-2011, 21:13
Under neon loneliness

There was a University Challenge question today about sports show title music, and I thought 'I bet James and Nicky would ace this question.'
Old 07-11-2011, 22:12
Doors slowly closing

I don't get why so many people love YLAINE just because it was released around the time they got into the band. Truth was just out when i got into them and i thought it was shit then and now..

Also, while I'm on about YLAINE, I was a little disgusted, while not at all surprised(NT cover shot), that it was the first thing they had on the TV advert when it was on tv last night.
Old 07-11-2011, 22:14
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Selfdestruct View Post
I don't get why so many people love YLAINE just because it was released around the time they got into the band. Truth was just out when i got into them and i thought it was shit then and now..

Also, while I'm on about YLAINE, I was a little disgusted, while not at all surprised(NT cover shot), that it was the first thing they had on the TV advert when it was on tv last night.
No, you are not gonna get me worked up tonight!

*deep breaths*

"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 08-11-2011, 00:09
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parma Violets View Post
That's pretty amazing, in a weird way.
Exactly what I thought, I was drunk when I found out as well. So I was even more confused/amazed about it
Old 08-11-2011, 00:10
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Selfdestruct View Post

That song got me into the Manics...but I don't love it as much as I used to. I think it's very weak live and I think that's what has put me off it.