Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 24-06-2018, 19:43
I am purity, they call me perverted

They sound amazing!!!
Old 24-06-2018, 19:50
Doors slowly closing

Sounds good, yeah. One of their best festival performances of recent years. A stark contrast from the beginning of the tour in front of quarter-full arenas when it sounded like they’d never be worth listening to again.
Old 24-06-2018, 21:45
Builder of routine

Looks good on my tablet. Not too many crowd shots thankfully
Old 25-06-2018, 18:56
I live to fall asleep

Was this on TV in full or are there highlights anywhere? I'll just search Youtube later I guess...

PS great lengthy interview here with Nicky just before they went on stage: http://www.nme.com/news/music/manic-...-album-2343747

Last edited by everlasting; 25-06-2018 at 19:27.
Old 25-06-2018, 19:36
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
Was this on TV in full or are there highlights anywhere? I'll just search Youtube later I guess...

PS great lengthy interview here with Nicky just before they went on stage: http://www.nme.com/news/music/manic-...-album-2343747
It was on sky arts last night 10 pm ... I think in full ? Should be able to watch it on catch up... if someone could stick it on YouTube that would be ace
Old 25-06-2018, 20:30
Bored out of my mind

There were a couple of songs missing on the TV coverage (People Give In and EMG I think), but the rest was on there.

There's another highlights show on Sky Arts right now for various bands, but it's only an hour long, so I doubt much of the Manics will be on there. Sky Arts tend to repeat their programmes a lot over a short space of time (Escape From History always seems to be on there and I know they've showed The Killers Live at the Royal Albert Hall twice in the last week), so I imagine it'll be on again at some point over the next week or so if you missed it.

I really enjoyed this performance. They sounded really good and it was actually a decent sized crowd, plus you could actually hear them singing a few times. I'm glad Nicky was able to make it again too.

Last edited by Abstract Unknown Girl; 25-06-2018 at 20:34.
Old 25-06-2018, 21:25

I've watched it over a few times.They sound really great. I love that they showed more visions of Richey and during James' solos. It is like a legendary performance.

They also showed the Nynex concert later, so they usually repeat it again.
Old 25-06-2018, 22:51
Knowlede Is Power

https://youtu.be/kqfCGU6nXew

Manic Street Mania have it up on YouTube

All but People Give In on it
Old 26-06-2018, 19:22
I live to fall asleep

Good video although it keeps going out of focus oddly. The crowd looked clueless at times when you watch people's faces, but at least they were the kind of crowd trying their damnedest to just get their faces on a big screen. Good set list, although could have changed EMG and KC for something else, maybe a rocking Found That Soul or, hell, anything else really.
Old 26-06-2018, 22:08
Freed from the century

It'll forever nag me the lack of James playing his guitar for the majority of songs in this era of the Manics. The I.O.W mix makes it worse that the other two guitarists are very low in the mix.
Old 27-06-2018, 08:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevoutus View Post
It'll forever nag me the lack of James playing his guitar for the majority of songs in this era of the Manics. The I.O.W mix makes it worse that the other two guitarists are very low in the mix.
I'm not sure on the technicalities but I thought it looked like James was playing most of the set and Nicky of course superb, they sounded really good. Were the other guitarists to be low. I thought James was great on his own or was he?
Old 27-06-2018, 09:34
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosetree View Post
I'm not sure on the technicalities but I thought it looked like James was playing most of the set and Nicky of course superb, they sounded really good. Were the other guitarists to be low. I thought James was great on his own or was he?
Just referencing the like of IB verses and EMG, ADFL verses etc. I’m sure they sounded great. The broadcast mix is different to if you were there. They just fall very flat without Jame’s playing.
Old 27-06-2018, 13:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevoutus View Post
Just referencing the like of IB verses and EMG, ADFL verses etc. I’m sure they sounded great. The broadcast mix is different to if you were there. They just fall very flat without Jame’s playing.
I agree, I think it will have been much better there.

The sky version is really clear on tv and I love that James was being a show man. I wish they could have played a longer set.
Old 28-06-2018, 14:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosetree View Post
I agree, I think it will have been much better there.

The sky version is really clear on tv and I love that James was being a show man. I wish they could have played a longer set.
Yeah really enjoyed it the other night. My only gripe was that with James' proclamations that "this one is from the 90's" and "another one from the 90's", and the studio chat about how they felt "nostalgic" watching the Manics, it felt a bit like they were being presented as a band at one of these 90's events or one from that era that had just reformed.
Old 28-06-2018, 19:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd2103 View Post
Yeah really enjoyed it the other night. My only gripe was that with James' proclamations that "this one is from the 90's" and "another one from the 90's", and the studio chat about how they felt "nostalgic" watching the Manics, it felt a bit like they were being presented as a band at one of these 90's events or one from that era that had just reformed.
I wonder if James felt he had to explain which era the songs were from, there were a few lyrics on screen too though it looked like fans were quite far in the crowd.

I thought the set had a lot of impact. I particularly liked Motorcycle Emptiness, International Blue, Kevin Carter, Inbetween Days, EMG, YLU with the gorgeous video, HMLAH and ADFL. I don't think the presenters had mentioned any of the new songs though.

Also I loved James' guitar and Nicky's bass though I don't know which they were. I also wonder if they're working on a new album already?

Last edited by rosetree; 28-06-2018 at 20:14.