Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 26-09-2018, 12:57
Bored out of my mind

George Ezra didn’t really have any redeeming features for me. His story telling was as dull as his music. We were on the Level 1 balcony at the side near the stage and everyone around me was loving him though. I felt like I was at a kids’ birthday party

Blossoms weren’t as bad as George, although I got bored of them after a couple of songs and the rest sounded a bit samey.

I enjoyed what there was of the Manics (if Ezra hadn’t waffled on so much between songs, they might have got a bit longer!), but it was very short. I can’t say I was expecting any surprises in the setlist though. They’ve already mentioned the possibility of Truth gigs next year, so don’t see why they wouldn’t save anything Truth related for that.

Oh well though...this gig was always going to be like this and hey, at least the tickets were cheap. Although with the amount of reserved seats on the balcony levels for guest listed people, there can’t have been a huge amount of tickets for sale in the first place. That was a bit annoying being told you couldn’t sit in any of the side seats nearer the stage. We just stood behind the seats and got a good view like, but still. Spotted Milton Jones sat in one of said reserved seats too, which was a bit random (well we weren’t sure if it was definitely him or just a good lookalike, but other sightings of him confirmed it was him ).
Old 27-09-2018, 10:32
Bored of being bored

Just written up my thoughts on this gig on my blog here. Erm, maybe don't read it if you're a George Ezra fan!
Old 03-10-2018, 09:01
Freed from the century

Absolute Radio have just posted a video of the full gig HERE.

Will be watching this after work.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:11
Freed from the century

Oooh, and I'm finally in a live manics video. Only took 50/60 gigs to get there.
Old 03-10-2018, 17:47
Builder of routine

Oh cool I need cheering up
Old 03-10-2018, 18:14
I live to fall asleep

Will watch this now, I need super cheering up too after my girlfriend of five years decided yesterday we should split
Old 03-10-2018, 18:35
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
Will watch this now, I need super cheering up too after my girlfriend of five years decided yesterday we should split
Sorry to hear that dude! Hope the Manics cheer you up massively!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 03-10-2018, 18:36
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
Oh cool I need cheering up
And hope the Manics cheer you up massively too Hummingbird!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 03-10-2018, 20:35
I live to fall asleep

Thanks Gutless Wonder, any little cheering up is a massive boost and step forward. I just watched it, and enjoyed it, it was a good short gig, and loved Hold Me Like A Heaven s much, although I always think James seems to struggle to get the sound right for the guitar solo on a few times I've watched live versions. The Isle of Wight video sounded like he played a wrong note or something.
Anyway, great stuff, glad there's another nicely filmed Manics concert to watch and enjoy
Old 03-10-2018, 22:13
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Thanks Gutless Wonder, any little cheering up is a massive boost and step forward. I just watched it, and enjoyed it, it was a good short gig, and loved Hold Me Like A Heaven s much, although I always think James seems to struggle to get the sound right for the guitar solo on a few times I've watched live versions. The Isle of Wight video sounded like he played a wrong note or something.
Anyway, great stuff, glad there's another nicely filmed Manics concert to watch and enjoy
Definitely! Looking forward to watching it myself!
Old 04-10-2018, 12:39
Bored of being bored

Set List, pretty generic and typical.
Old 04-10-2018, 19:35
Builder of routine

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Repeated viewings might help a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
And hope the Manics cheer you up massively too Hummingbird!
Thanks gutless. Tis just work stuff getting on my tits. Not had the chance to watch yet. So glad I didn't go now.. I'd hate to see myself on the tellybox !
Have to be honest though, the most i regret is missing out on Kylie and Jason singing "especially for you" at Hyde park.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:18
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
Have to be honest though, the most i regret is missing out on Kylie and Jason singing "especially for you" at Hyde park.
I don't actually think Kylie let Jason do too much singing...! He tried though, the poor guy.

Last edited by Europa Gluten Free; 05-10-2018 at 12:44.