Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

View Poll Results: Was The Holy Bible tour a worthwhile endeavour?
Yes 100 97.09%
No 3 2.91%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2015, 07:34
I am purity, they call me perverted

Definitely worth it, I always thought there would be some songs from that album I'd never get to hear live, and some great choices of rarities played to boot!

Facebook
Twitter
Old 13-07-2015, 10:29
Bored of being bored

Well worth going but it was not 1994 nor were the Manics, James won't learn about his smoking & then giving people on the 1st night at the Roundhouse his soar throat in a evening which should have been much better but was mediocre but top set list.
Old 14-07-2015, 11:47
Stretched out in the sun

Finally voted on this, 89 yes, 2 no. Wonder if the 2 no actually went. Yeah remember a few nay sayers last year and I don't really get why. Yeah, there's the Richey worship but they're still 75% of the band that made The Holy Bible. Do New Order have no right to perform Joy Division songs? Got a feeling for some of the nay sayers it might be a case of oh I was old enough to see them in 94, they're mine, not yours and anything now won't be the same. Ageism, nothing more.

I fucking loved it anyway, both the UK tours. Managed to get to eight all in all and loved each one of them. I loved the choice of venues too, don't think academies or arenas would've done it justice, Usher Hall, Olympia and Albert Hall were lovely and historic. Barrowlands is always a good time, it looks like a fucking carnival. Ending in a castle... Seeing my favourite band perform my favourite album, hearing songs I never thought I'd see live.. Definitely worth it. Financially crippled me but completely worth it.