Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 11-10-2011, 20:33
Desire on its knees

Yes! They could do one of those adverts where they're all at a party. At the end Nicky could come in with his hoover saying "Come on, come on, it's all over, if I don't clean up now I'll never get these chocolate stains off the sofa."

Facebook Twitter
Old 12-10-2011, 17:21
An imitation of dignity

I don't really like it to be honest...
Old 12-10-2011, 18:12
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
someone asked james at one of the competition gigs if they would play anything acoustic and he said no
He could've meant on his own. But saying that, in the NME Nicky claims James isn't as fast as he used to be like on LSE and he replies with "I'll fucking play it right now for you!" So looks like they might just play the normal version to prove a point anyway, i'd still rather the Bangkok version though!
Old 12-10-2011, 18:19
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiomanic View Post
He could've meant on his own. But saying that, in the NME Nicky claims James isn't as fast as he used to be like on LSE and he replies with "I'll fucking play it right now for you!" So looks like they might just play the normal version to prove a point anyway, i'd still rather the Bangkok version though!
That's the thing. I was up for this version until I heard it in full and realised they'd taken out the whole of the solo. The original could fall flat on its face with the 40-something Manics backed by session musicians doing the backing vocals (horribly) but James has something to prove and owes it to himself to play that solo like he did 20 years ago.
Old 12-10-2011, 19:24
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
That's the thing. I was up for this version until I heard it in full and realised they'd taken out the whole of the solo. The original could fall flat on its face with the 40-something Manics backed by session musicians doing the backing vocals (horribly) but James has something to prove and owes it to himself to play that solo like he did 20 years ago.
True, but It's always a good lark to see them try. I think it could be the dark horse of the night

Twitter!

"To the hideousness of nineteenth-century industrialization is added the desolation of twentieth-century obsolescence. The Black Country looks like Ceaucescu's Romania with fast food outlets."
Theodore Dalrymple