Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 13-10-2010, 13:05
Bored of being bored

I'm back! Really enjoyed the gig. I am gutted that Lifeblood has been dropped as that's my favourite album. Sleepflower, Masses and the Acoustic tracks were the highlights for me. The new songs were a lot better than they are on record. The crowd weren't the best, but the band were fantastic. I was second off the barrier in front of Nicky and it was fun watching him. Loved his tiger print trainers! Managed to mosh and text at the same time, hope I didn't confuse Tim too much? Yeah, we did think about hanging around after, but there didn't seem that they're was alot going on. Derby really is dead on a Tuesday night!?!
AN EMPTY VESSEL WHO CAN'T MAKE CONTACT

Old 13-10-2010, 13:39
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Glad those who were there had a great evening! The quest to recover Lifeblood begins!
Gutless Wonder, you make it sound like the Titanic.
Old 13-10-2010, 14:33
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokey76 View Post
I'm back! Really enjoyed the gig. I am gutted that Lifeblood has been dropped as that's my favourite album. Sleepflower, Masses and the Acoustic tracks were the highlights for me. The new songs were a lot better than they are on record. The crowd weren't the best, but the band were fantastic. I was second off the barrier in front of Nicky and it was fun watching him. Loved his tiger print trainers! Managed to mosh and text at the same time, hope I didn't confuse Tim too much? Yeah, we did think about hanging around after, but there didn't seem that they're was alot going on. Derby really is dead on a Tuesday night!?!
Haha, no, you didn't confuse me....I was having one of those nights, and for some reason even though you sent the texts in the right order, two of them arrived in the wrong order till I checked the sent times! Many thanks for texting!
Old 13-10-2010, 14:38
Under neon loneliness

Ah yes, Thank you Mokey and Takk for the setlist
Old 13-10-2010, 14:40
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozendiva View Post
Gutless Wonder, you make it sound like the Titanic.
Well, we can always dig out the FD submersibles...I think it sank sometime in 2005....
Old 13-10-2010, 15:05
A self-made vacuum

I thought the gig last night was fantastic, the setlist may not of been adventurous as last time they were in Derby but their performance was possibly the best I've seen since then. Glad Sleepflower made it back, disappointed for the lack of love on the Lifeblood front. And the acoustic section was the best i've ever heard. Also the stage itself looked great!

British Sea Power was also fantastic even though i' haven't heard much of their stuff, i shall do now! They were also hanging the merch stand afterwards and were happy to sign sutographs.

Didn't take any photos this time as enough people do it already and my camera is too out of date but i did get a mug, badges and BCW CD (which i highly recommend). I queued just after 5.30 was only the 7th person so I a spot right on the barrier in front of James even though i was going to time to get to it this time.
Old 13-10-2010, 17:23
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Found That Soul* View Post
Really enjoyed the gig from were i was standing and people around me seemed to love it to. Highlight of the night for me was La Tristesse which i thought sounded great acoustic!
I agree - the crowd were pretty lively near me, about 5 rows back from James, (any here wearing a shed 7 hoody last night?) but looking back the moshy/jumpy section didn't extend as far back as the other gigs last week. I loved it, agree with comments about the new songs that Hazleton not as good live but postcars, it's not war, some kind of nothingness and platitudes have gone down well.

It wouldn't be a Manics gig without some disagreement on the forum!

Am so tempted to do Leicester as well as Lincoln now.

Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards
Old 13-10-2010, 17:41
Stretched out in the sun

I have to heartily disagree with everyone saying the crowd was poor - they sang along to every word and the band really seemed to react well to them. From up in the seats it seemed that the new songs had no impact on the crowd at all and they don't seem to fit the rest of the set - it slowed the whole pace down and lost the momentum and energy of the set - how many of the new songs can you see still being in the set in 3 years time other than the single?
Old 13-10-2010, 19:29
I live to fall asleep

Anyone know what sort of guitar James was using for Masses?
Old 13-10-2010, 20:08
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Found That Soul* View Post
Anyone know what sort of guitar James was using for Masses?
sorry no, was too busy jumping up and down!

Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards