Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 13-04-2012, 17:54
I am purity, they call me perverted

Complete b-sides collection, please.

In the age of downloading this is perhaps a minority position, but I would love to see a complete b-sides collection split over three discs. It's kind of a drag to have to track down individual singles on auction or download low-quality mp3:s. So many great b-sides, groundhog days, askew road, failure bound, hanging on, etc. I would love to have them on the same CD. I think such a collection would be a lot more relevant than national treasures.

Wire, are you reading this?
Old 13-04-2012, 18:03
Knowlede Is Power

It'd take a lot more than 3 discs to cover it..
Old 13-04-2012, 18:03
Doors slowly closing

It'd have to be more than three discs.

And if they did this, they'd get my NT box thrown at them at the next gig.

Wire, are you reading this?
Old 13-04-2012, 18:04
Desire on its knees

Agree completely, I can't even find them all to download!
Old 13-04-2012, 18:27
I live to fall asleep

The problem is you download one and then it changes.
Old 13-04-2012, 18:29
Winterlover

Seriously, they should do this. Limit it to about 100 though, I can't see many more people forking out for all of their extra stuff than a dedicated few.
Old 13-04-2012, 18:30
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
I'd rather the albums were reissued with the b-sides as extra tracks like Bowie's Rykodisc reissues. But then, some people would have a problem about extra stuff after an album. I'm aware it'll still mean the reissues will be 2CD probably.
Old 13-04-2012, 18:47
Doors slowly closing

does anyone have any idea on the sales figures for National Treasures? not the shitty box, just the 2 CD or 2 CD + DVD version. i suspect that we only got Lipstick Traces because Forever Delayed sold well - if NT was a bomb, then there's no chance of a further compilation to cash in.
blog
Old 13-04-2012, 19:07
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
I'd rather the albums were reissued with the b-sides as extra tracks like Bowie's Rykodisc reissues. But then, some people would have a problem about extra stuff after an album. I'm aware it'll still mean the reissues will be 2CD probably.
They already did that in Japan. You won't get better than that over here.
Old 13-04-2012, 19:45
Knowlede Is Power

Personally, I can't stand compilations/greatest hits if all the tracks are previously released.

It's not *that* impossible to get copies of all the songs.. It may take a while, sure, but not impossible (or even expensive, just look on amazon/ebay..)

IMO another "Lipstick Traces" type compilation would just mean less creativity from the band for another year..

Saying that though, I'm really looking forward to hearing the unreleased demos/whatever else on the upcoming Generation Terrorists re-issue!
Old 13-04-2012, 20:02
Freed from the century

I do have 'a version' of what your asking for split over 5 discs at mp3 quality so in a true audio losless format it would be a hunky amount of discs

Not sure if I can mentioned where you can 'find' said collection - not sure what the p2p rules are on here? Obviously on here we are all 'true' fans and own the cds so its not like p2p links will have much negative impact on sales, plus the singles have been deleted now anyway...if ok to post then i will
Old 13-04-2012, 20:48
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I do have 'a version' of what your asking for split over 5 discs at mp3 quality so in a true audio losless format it would be a hunky amount of discs

Not sure if I can mentioned where you can 'find' said collection - not sure what the p2p rules are on here? Obviously on here we are all 'true' fans and own the cds so its not like p2p links will have much negative impact on sales, plus the singles have been deleted now anyway...if ok to post then i will
i'm not a mod here, but no, this isn't allowed on an open forum. a nice offer, but the owners of this site will get hit with all sorts of headaches from the record label if things like that cropped up on here - Sony are, after all, the most anti-customer company going.

i would imagine those interested will find what they seek anyway
blog
Old 13-04-2012, 21:01
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:

By "find" I meant purchasing the original cds (most are cheap on ebay/amazon) or by itunes & other LEGAL downloading sites..
Old 13-04-2012, 21:09
I live to fall asleep

My mate Dean from the internets, who thinks he is so disco, had a nice b-sides collection at one point but it seems he lost it recently. Think he's found some of the more recent stuff but he's still looking for the majority of it. Sound fella is Dean.

Last edited by Europa Gluten Free; 13-04-2012 at 21:17.
Old 14-04-2012, 01:21
Administrator

Quote:

No links please.