Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 19-09-2010, 15:33
Bored of being bored

Hmmm, of those 3, I'd say Know Your Enemy holds the biggest curiosity value to me.

It's easily their most eclectic album stylistically, and with that, I'd have more interest in hearing all the other material connected to it outside of just that album and the B-sides.

As other people have hinted at, there's more chance of a "Generation Terrorists" 20th anniversary reissue at this point.

They're also overdue another live release now surely? Last one was "Louder than War" in 2001. A 2-disc set of the band doing an acoustic set on one, and a full-on electric set on disc 2. THAT I'd like to see/hear.
Old 19-09-2010, 15:40
I am purity, they call me perverted

TIMT and then a LB release will do fer me.

Maybe a KYE one would have Sean doing vocals on the demos....Wattsville Blues acoustic with a harp would be beautiful
Old 19-09-2010, 15:50
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Boy View Post
I don't think we need a reissue, but a 10th anniversary Lifeblood tour for all the fans who have stood up for that album, seeing as half the songs off the album were never even played live.
I'd agree with that. It's my favourite of the three mentioned, always loved it and I have good memories of the era and the three arena gigs I attended. If memory serves, they never played Emily, Glasnost, Always/Never or Fragments (not to mention any b-sides except an early version of Everything Will Be).
Old 19-09-2010, 17:26
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow View Post
I'd agree with that. It's my favourite of the three mentioned, always loved it and I have good memories of the era and the three arena gigs I attended. If memory serves, they never played Emily, Glasnost, Always/Never or Fragments (not to mention any b-sides except an early version of Everything Will Be).
Indeed, also A Song for Departure and To Repel Ghosts (for me 2 of the strongest tracks) were only actually played a couple of times each.

I would also allow them to perform God Save the Manics tracks. When they played Firefight at Derby it sounded much better than the studio version, which isn't really their best production.
Old 19-09-2010, 17:30
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.selfdestruct View Post
None of them deserve 10th anniversary editions
I don't know, save the opening two tracks Lifeblood was a really good album regardless of the fact that everybody else hated. The fact that they did something so very very different was really brave, and the fact that it sounded great made it even better. It is just a shame that nobody noticed.
Old 19-09-2010, 17:32
Bored of being bored

SATT with No Manifesto please
Old 19-09-2010, 17:33
Winterlover

Quote:
Indeed, also A Song for Departure and To Repel Ghosts (for me 2 of the strongest tracks) were only actually played a couple of times each.
Again if memory serves, I remember seeing Departure on a few early setlists of the Lifeblood tour, and on Jools Holland I think. To Repel Ghosts was performed twice in concert and once for a Steve Lamacq session. I was fortunate enough to be at one of those gigs for the latter.

Quote:
I would also allow them to perform God Save the Manics tracks.
That's very kind of you.
Old 19-09-2010, 17:34
Bored of being bored

GT 20th Anniversary because they finally have to get it remastered. It's a great album, but I can't listen to it anymore due to the terrible production.
Old 19-09-2010, 17:38
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiortranew View Post
GT 20th Anniversary because they finally have to get it remastered. It's a great album, but I can't listen to it anymore due to the terrible production.
I second that!
Old 19-09-2010, 17:45
Footprint of history

Lifeblood, obviously. We could have some beautifully shiny red on white artwork.

But I just need to query this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leericketts View Post
i'd love a LB retrospective, i will particularly enjoy watching the documentary and reading the essays each member of the band should be forced to make and write entitled "how not releasing 1985 as a single proved conclusively that we can be the biggest bellends on earth".
I know everyone goes on about 1985 being the perfect single and all, but I don't think it'd have made much of a difference to how Lifeblood did commercially. It took me ages to get into it, and it's hardly a catchy hummable tune.

I don't now. Maybe I'm alone in thinking this, but it never seemed like an obvious choice for a single to me.
Old 19-09-2010, 17:46
I live to fall asleep

Still waiting for the GT 10th anniversary edition...
Old 19-09-2010, 17:51
Builder of routine

Know Your Enemy.