Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 10-08-2009, 07:45
Bored of being bored

i'll be there then. so tickets are $20 right?
Old 10-08-2009, 13:01
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDelayed.com View Post
i'll be there then. so tickets are $20 right?
Yep. $25 all together I think
Old 12-08-2009, 20:03
I am purity, they call me perverted

Fuckin' A! Just read the US dates yesterday! I'm so there. I knew I'd never be able to afford to see them in the UK (espically after getting married last year!) the wife is not a fan so I think I may be going solo, but fuck it I will do it if that's what it takes! I never thought they would tour the US again.
Old 24-08-2009, 18:32

Is there anyone here at all going up to this show from south of Virginia (up I85/I95)?
Old 24-08-2009, 23:00

anyone planning on dressing up for the show? I saw people being given a hard time for planning outfits for shows in other forums....I dressed up when I saw them in Manchester and had a blast, and didn't feel out of place, not sure if it will be different in the states though?
Old 24-08-2009, 23:06

I am! I have a leopard print top and a tiara I'm planning on wearing. This may be the only time I will see them and I want to have fun and wear what I want.

Last edited by beautyfindsrefuge; 25-08-2009 at 00:14.
Old 25-08-2009, 00:49

Cool, I've already got my outfit together too (army jacket, white jeans), just have to stencil my t-shirts for PA and NYC!
Old 25-08-2009, 07:09
Doors slowly closing

So glad people are going to be dressing up for these! I'm torn between my military jacket/medals and my leopard-print... I'm tempted by military and medals just for the strange looks!
Old 25-08-2009, 09:42
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrijack View Post
So glad people are going to be dressing up for these! I'm torn between my military jacket/medals and my leopard-print... I'm tempted by military and medals just for the strange looks!
because you don't get those in leopard print
go military, i that jacket
Old 25-08-2009, 10:25
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrijack View Post
I was thinking of taking my military jacket and just putting it on when I got inside. Why I am happy to dress a sailor on the streets of Britain but come over all coy as soon as I step outside the country, I'm not sure, but I felt more comfortable with that plan!
I really don't mind if I'm being lied to

It's the facts of life sunshine
Old 25-08-2009, 11:28
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCarbohydrate View Post
I was thinking of taking my military jacket and just putting it on when I got inside. Why I am happy to dress a sailor on the streets of Britain but come over all coy as soon as I step outside the country, I'm not sure, but I felt more comfortable with that plan!
Will you dress up crazily in Boston please? - I'm thinking of dressing absolutely ridiculously as its likely to be the last time I ever see them before I get all old and past it so its possibly my last chance.

Cos obviously once I'm old I can no longer dress up ridiculously (although so far the only things I'm happy to identify for the no longer appropriate list are skirts which are shorter than my underwear and frilly ankle socks...possibly bunches as well but I like bunches - maybe I'll settle on bunches with fluffy hairgrips. And I should probably stop putting stickers on my face but they are so shiny and they hide the wrinkles so well).
Old 25-08-2009, 11:29
Footprint of history

What dates are you doing in America, Amanda?
Old 25-08-2009, 11:35
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
Will you dress up crazily in Boston please? - I'm thinking of dressing absolutely ridiculously as its likely to be the last time I ever see them before I get all old and past it so its possibly my last chance.

Cos obviously once I'm old I can no longer dress up ridiculously (although so far the only things I'm happy to identify for the no longer appropriate list are skirts which are shorter than my underwear and frilly ankle socks...possibly bunches as well but I like bunches - maybe I'll settle on bunches with fluffy hairgrips. And I should probably stop putting stickers on my face but they are so shiny and they hide the wrinkles so well).
If it's any incentive, I'm planning on dressing ridiculously for New York (my last date). I've got a polka-dot dress that looks vaguely like a very OTT American flag. Also, I think you still have a good while to go before you'll ever be considered old and past it!

It's much prettier than I just described but, as I said, a bit on the ridiculously over-dressed side. Can someone else dress ridiculously for New York please???
Old 25-08-2009, 11:36
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
Well.... maybe. If I won't be the only one...
I really don't mind if I'm being lied to

It's the facts of life sunshine
Old 25-08-2009, 12:11
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCarbohydrate View Post
Well, if I won't be the only one (coyness is obviously a pattern with other countries...) then I'd happily wear military beforehand as well. It has a Soviet medal though so I'm a tad worried about being arrested...