Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2731  
Old 12-05-2019, 18:41
Lee Lee is offline
Desire on its knees
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Surrey
Age: 34
Posts: 818
It was just a list of the TIMT songs that they were rehearsing, not full setlists being posted up.

However, Kieran Evans said that they’ve been rehearsing some very rare stuff for the second half. Looking forward to seeing that.
Reply With Quote
  #2732  
Old 13-05-2019, 20:41
starfucker starfucker is offline
Desire on its knees
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 974
I don't know if this is the kind of thing that is right for this thread but, here goes... I'm currently in the process of moving house and yesterday I charged up a really old phone just to see what was on it and found the number of someone I met and exchanged addresses with outside Wembley Arena in 1998 for the original Truth tour. We used to write to each other now and again before the internet was inside everyone's pockets. We were both staunch luddites and she had zero online presence so we haven't been in touch since about 2003 ish.

Anyway, I texted the number to see if she was still on the same number and she was. She replied and could not believe that I'd got in touch. Thank you Manics. I would never have met her if we hadn't both been standing next to each other in the queue outside a Manics gig x
Reply With Quote
  #2733  
Old 21-05-2019, 15:44
Son of Stopped's Avatar
Son of Stopped Son of Stopped is offline
Builder of routine
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Make a cup of tea
Age: 44
Posts: 15,157
See if I make a thread called "Manics Splitting?" It would cause no end of misunderstanding and generate a self fulfilling prophecy.
But... Two things

Firstly ages ago Sean shared something on Facebook about it being a sad year for Nerds with Star Wars and something else something Marvel related and Game of Thrones finishing. (My query but the Manics have got more albums in them, right?," went unanswered)

Second clue is the Let It Be album cover stitched as a patch on Nicky's jacket. Although that album was their penultimate chronologically, are we getting Abbey Road as envisioned by the Manics?

I suppose the recording studio will always pay for itself anyway...
Has there been any "See you next year!" From James at end of gigs? What did he say at the end of the shows you've seen? WHAT DID HE SAY?!! Ahhd just press post
__________________
I MADE A MOVIE OF MY POETRY IN MY BEDROOM https://youtu.be/Vq73VlTb3WI Top that, mainstream and counterculture!
Reply With Quote
  #2734  
Old 21-05-2019, 15:47
Son of Stopped's Avatar
Son of Stopped Son of Stopped is offline
Builder of routine
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Make a cup of tea
Age: 44
Posts: 15,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfucker View Post
I don't know if this is the kind of thing that is right for this thread but, here goes... I'm currently in the process of moving house and yesterday I charged up a really old phone just to see what was on it and found the number of someone I met and exchanged addresses with outside Wembley Arena in 1998 for the original Truth tour. We used to write to each other now and again before the internet was inside everyone's pockets. We were both staunch luddites and she had zero online presence so we haven't been in touch since about 2003 ish.

Anyway, I texted the number to see if she was still on the same number and she was. She replied and could not believe that I'd got in touch. Thank you Manics. I would never have met her if we hadn't both been standing next to each other in the queue outside a Manics gig x
That's a beautiful chain of events!
__________________
I MADE A MOVIE OF MY POETRY IN MY BEDROOM https://youtu.be/Vq73VlTb3WI Top that, mainstream and counterculture!
Reply With Quote
  #2735  
Old 21-05-2019, 16:26
Suicide Aldi's Avatar
Suicide Aldi Suicide Aldi is offline
Desire on its knees
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
See if I make a thread called "Manics Splitting?" It would cause no end of misunderstanding and generate a self fulfilling prophecy.
But... Two things

Firstly ages ago Sean shared something on Facebook about it being a sad year for Nerds with Star Wars and something else something Marvel related and Game of Thrones finishing. (My query but the Manics have got more albums in them, right?," went unanswered)

Second clue is the Let It Be album cover stitched as a patch on Nicky's jacket. Although that album was their penultimate chronologically, are we getting Abbey Road as envisioned by the Manics?

I suppose the recording studio will always pay for itself anyway...
Has there been any "See you next year!" From James at end of gigs? What did he say at the end of the shows you've seen? WHAT DID HE SAY?!! Ahhd just press post
So far, off the top of my head the manics have been splitting up in
1991
1995
2001
2003
2005
2011
2015
2017
And now 2019
Reply With Quote
  #2736  
Old 21-05-2019, 16:33
Son of Stopped's Avatar
Son of Stopped Son of Stopped is offline
Builder of routine
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Make a cup of tea
Age: 44
Posts: 15,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide Aldi View Post
So far, off the top of my head the manics have been splitting up in
1991
1995
2001
2003
2005
2011
2015
2017
And now 2019
Ah! Normal service then! That would have been a short thread.
__________________
I MADE A MOVIE OF MY POETRY IN MY BEDROOM https://youtu.be/Vq73VlTb3WI Top that, mainstream and counterculture!
Reply With Quote
  #2737  
Old 21-05-2019, 18:59
LA ex's Avatar
LA ex LA ex is online now
Freed from the century
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 640
I can't remember hearing a see you next year or at Christmas at the end at Manchester. It could just be that with plenty scheduled already (Bon Jovi support, some random festival dates, Cardiff castle) they felt that saying you on a not announced tour seemed a little fake with all that still lined up.
Reply With Quote
  #2738  
Old 21-05-2019, 23:08
hummingbird's Avatar
hummingbird hummingbird is offline
Builder of routine
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: in a quiet corner
Posts: 18,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
See if I make a thread called "Manics Splitting?" It would cause no end of misunderstanding and generate a self fulfilling prophecy.
But... Two things

Firstly ages ago Sean shared something on Facebook about it being a sad year for Nerds with Star Wars and something else something Marvel related and Game of Thrones finishing. (My query but the Manics have got more albums in them, right?," went unanswered)

Second clue is the Let It Be album cover stitched as a patch on Nicky's jacket. Although that album was their penultimate chronologically, are we getting Abbey Road as envisioned by the Manics?

I suppose the recording studio will always pay for itself anyway...
Has there been any "See you next year!" From James at end of gigs? What did he say at the end of the shows you've seen? WHAT DID HE SAY?!! Ahhd just press post
The Let it Be patch might just be a reference to the song.


When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be


Nicky lost his mum last year so.......

Keep the theories coming tho
__________________
IS IT MANICS O'CLOCK YET?
Reply With Quote
  #2739  
Old 22-05-2019, 04:37
Porco's Avatar
Porco Porco is online now
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
something else something Marvel related
This made me laugh to a disproportionate degree.

Yes, I believe they had a little arthouse project released in some of the larger cinematic venues.
__________________
'Those Manics are great mun ent'it!' | Miyazaki-San, Arigato | POPCORN!


"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!"
| Porco Tunes: soundcloud.com/fdporco | Newest Track *'Crashed'*[Video]
“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"
Reply With Quote
  #2740  
Old 22-05-2019, 20:12
raven's Avatar
raven raven is offline
Winterlover
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
See if I make a thread called "Manics Splitting?" It would cause no end of misunderstanding and generate a self fulfilling prophecy.
But... Two things

Firstly ages ago Sean shared something on Facebook about it being a sad year for Nerds with Star Wars and something else something Marvel related and Game of Thrones finishing. (My query but the Manics have got more albums in them, right?," went unanswered)

Second clue is the Let It Be album cover stitched as a patch on Nicky's jacket. Although that album was their penultimate chronologically, are we getting Abbey Road as envisioned by the Manics?

I suppose the recording studio will always pay for itself anyway...
Has there been any "See you next year!" From James at end of gigs? What did he say at the end of the shows you've seen? WHAT DID HE SAY?!! Ahhd just press post
May your God be with you...says that a lot...did he say that recently? I don't know, depends whether he's been on the Dave Allen DVD's...


Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
The Let it Be patch might just be a reference to the song.


When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be


Nicky lost his mum last year so.......

Keep the theories coming tho
Ah, I was just thinking exactly that as I scrolled down the thread. Could make you cry a little, that and this bottle of wine
__________________
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)


"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson
Reply With Quote
  #2741  
Old 22-05-2019, 21:23
Abstract Unknown Girl's Avatar
Abstract Unknown Girl Abstract Unknown Girl is offline
Bored out of my mind
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Beyond the sky, on the other side of the rain
Age: 33
Posts: 40,335
James has just been saying have a nice summer/may your gods be with you etc. at the end of the gigs I've been at on this tour so far. I wouldn't take that to mean anything though. They've only recently got a joint mortgage out on a new studio, so I can't imagine they would have made such a big financial commitment together if they weren't going to be using the studio themselves.

Also, when they did the Absolute Radio anniversary gig last year, James mentioned wanting to have "stockpiled" three new Manics songs in the studio by Christmas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=0n6OK-Ch5Rc (it's in the last couple of minutes of the interview). He also mentions working on a soundtrack and a documentary, so I guess he's been busy with other things as well.
Reply With Quote
  #2742  
Old 27-05-2019, 20:05
Tim's Avatar
Tim Tim is offline
Winterlover
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ...my fathers can have it.
Posts: 5,425
It's been very pleasing to see be natural getting some love on this tour,
it's always been an underrated gem for me so i feel a bit of vindication!
__________________
Please, he prayed, now -
A gray disk, the colour of Chiba sky.
Now -
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Reply With Quote
  #2743  
Old 28-05-2019, 08:01
LA ex's Avatar
LA ex LA ex is online now
Freed from the century
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post

Second clue is the Let It Be album cover stitched as a patch on Nicky's jacket. Although that album was their penultimate chronologically, are we getting Abbey Road as envisioned by the Manics?
I noticed last night in York that the Let it Be Album wasn't present on Nicky's jacket anymore (he actually changed jackets during Born a Girl, wearing the Wire one for the second half of the show). Hopefully that means a change of heart about splitting!
Reply With Quote
  #2744  
Old 29-05-2019, 05:17
junkymotown's Avatar
junkymotown junkymotown is offline
Knowlede Is Power
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Japan
Age: 34
Posts: 1,389
410 quid for a t-shirt!!!! (at the time of writing)

I mean, it's cool... but still...
__________________
Manchester Apollo - 27 Feb 2001
Manchester MEN - 6 Dec 2002
Manchester MEN - 17 Dec 2004
Leeds Uni - 17 Apr 2005
Leeds Uni - 9 May 2007
London Brixton Academy - 12 Dec 2007
Forever Heavenly (London) - 12 Sep 2008
Camden Roundhouse - 30 May 2009
London O2 - 17 Dec 2011
Manchester Ritz - 27 Sep 2013
Manchester Albert Hall - 11 Dec 2014
Tokyo Studio Coast - 8 Nov 2016
Reply With Quote
  #2745  
Old 30-05-2019, 19:59
Deets's Avatar
Deets Deets is offline
Builder of routine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 16,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkymotown View Post
410 quid for a t-shirt!!!! (at the time of writing)

I mean, it's cool... but still...
winning bid 588quid. i wouldn't pay this much for Suicide Alley istg

edit:
and now i'm on ebay checking Manics' stuff. and it's my b'day on tuesday. AND my credit card didn't pass the limit yet
__________________
Being a fan doesn't mean you were there from the beginning, it means you are willing to be there until the end.
Oh, love isn’t there to make us happy. I believe it exists to show us how much we can endure. Hermann Hesse
twitter
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.