Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 10-04-2015, 20:45
Freed from the century

Support for the Chicago show was just announced, and it's not Bear Hands. Sorry, Lament :-(

Instead, it's The Kickback!

Thoughts?
Old 11-04-2015, 04:10
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgeneration View Post
Support for the Chicago show was just announced, and it's not Bear Hands. Sorry, Lament :-(

Instead, it's The Kickback!

Thoughts?
Not to be confused with Shriekback! No nowt about them. But then again, I'm not here for the opening band.

So, this will be my 5th Manics show and 4th at the Metro. Every show has been amazing and brilliant! Let's hope this one is too. And maybe I'll get to meet Nicky & James...again!
Old 27-04-2015, 22:27
Bored of being bored

Does anyone going to Chicago still need a ticket? I am in the guest list with a plus one. Anyone need an in?
Old 27-04-2015, 23:30
Born to end

2 tickets for sale

Basically I have decided that considering my hatred of Metro's extremely loud and murky sound system (it was cool when I was 16; not as an adult worried about my hearing), that I want to sell my two tickets, I guess for face value.
I also am not the biggest fan of Holy Bible (though I do like it a lot, it ranks low on my list of Manics albums), and seeing a playlist from a previous show on this tour indicates to me that this show may not completely be to my liking.
Any takers?
Old 27-04-2015, 23:31
Born to end

Oh and Alive2000; may I ask what the "guest list" entails?
Old 28-04-2015, 00:43
Bored of being bored

I have a friend who works at the metro. They put me on the guest list with a plus one.
Old 28-04-2015, 20:27
Builder of routine

on FD's Twitter:
So the manics heading Due South from Toronto to Chicago....http://youtu.be/7zgZulxezEw

Loved that show
Old 29-04-2015, 07:35
I live to fall asleep

I only just realised the guys are playing over in the USA currently, just read a random report from their New York show now while having my breakfast and then come on here and find out they've played a bunch and are in Chicago tonight. Got some reading to do and photos and videos to check out
Old 01-05-2015, 00:00
I am purity, they call me perverted

I just got back home from the concert. I couldn't ask for anything better, a great treat for us Americans. However, I kind notice the crowd was a little aggressive than last time. Nothing like getting slammed during ADFL. I got Nicky to sign my THB flyer from the Metro. He was very tired after the show so i didn't bother him really. When I get the time, I will try to upload some pictures. Great seeing some old faces again.
Old 01-05-2015, 13:50
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting_Revol View Post
However, I kind notice the crowd was a little aggressive than last time. Nothing like getting slammed during ADFL.
And then the fight afterward, featuring two grown-ass adults.

Which side were you on? I was in the third row in front of Nicky and 90% of the pushing over there was one girl who kept saying she deserved to be on the barrier. That guy in the red sports top shoved a lot too but he was closer to the middle, by James.
Old 01-05-2015, 17:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgeneration View Post
And then the fight afterward, featuring two grown-ass adults.

Which side were you on? I was in the third row in front of Nicky and 90% of the pushing over there was one girl who kept saying she deserved to be on the barrier. That guy in the red sports top shoved a lot too but he was closer to the middle, by James.
I think you were right behind me! I was almost in front of Nicky on the second row. I was the guy in the white shirt with short hair. I saw the setlist fight and that was crazy. After the show, one guy was saying how a guy was punching and kneeing him from the side. Who threw that cup of beer while the Manics were playing??????
Old 03-05-2015, 02:58
Born to end

Quote:
I think you were right behind me! I was almost in front of Nicky on the second row. I was the guy in the white shirt with short hair. I saw the setlist fight and that was crazy. After the show, one guy was saying how a guy was punching and kneeing him from the side. Who threw that cup of beer while the Manics were playing??????
I think I was right by you. Behind you maybe? First this tall girl (though I am pretty short) pushed directly in front of me, then during the end these dudes who I assume were drunk were completely crushing me. I tried to not let it ruin the amazingness though. Guy that got in the fight was next to me most of the show. I was in the second, then third row once people moved around. I had been under the impression that Manics fans were generally pretty tame, but it didn't seem so at The Metro.

Still the greatest concert experience of my life! Sad I only got to see them for one date, but I had to make a trip of that one. And I got to meet Nicky & James briefly at the end!
Old 03-05-2015, 16:24

Quote:
Decided for an "aerial" view for the Metro show, after seeing open spots on the balcony rail after we got into the venue... Opted for a "low(er) key gig" for this one. Saw some of the ruckus on the floor at the end, and a guy and a woman really go at it over one of the setlists handed out. ADFL seemed to provide quite a lit up end to the crowd for the show closer. Crowd was definitely rowdier. Got quick photos and signatures with both James and Nicky.. Which was fantastic as I had left NYC before Nick appeared and they left in a cab in Boston. Good show!
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18
Old 04-05-2015, 06:04
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spite View Post
I think I was right by you. Behind you maybe? First this tall girl (though I am pretty short) pushed directly in front of me, then during the end these dudes who I assume were drunk were completely crushing me. I tried to not let it ruin the amazingness though. Guy that got in the fight was next to me most of the show. I was in the second, then third row once people moved around. I had been under the impression that Manics fans were generally pretty tame, but it didn't seem so at The Metro.

Still the greatest concert experience of my life! Sad I only got to see them for one date, but I had to make a trip of that one. And I got to meet Nicky & James briefly at the end!

I had no idea what that fight was about at all, but it makes sense now. At least on the center/left side of the floor, things did seem pretty tame for the most part, though the cell phone picture takers got totally annoying as always.

If I remember right, weren't both of the fight guys real big dudes, sized like bouncers? They ended up knocking a few people backwards, who then knocked me and another guy backwards!

I traveled a helluva long way to see it, and it was a super great show, save for that brief stuff.

Last edited by Mandocello; 04-05-2015 at 06:13.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:22
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandocello View Post
I had no idea what that fight was about at all, but it makes sense now. At least on the center/left side of the floor, things did seem pretty tame for the most part, though the cell phone picture takers got totally annoying as always.

If I remember right, weren't both of the fight guys real big dudes, sized like bouncers? They ended up knocking a few people backwards, who then knocked me and another guy backwards!

I traveled a helluva long way to see it, and it was a super great show, save for that brief stuff.
I think the fight was over a set list? Or a guitar pick? I got out of there as soon as it started because I didn't know if it was going to escalate any more. Leaving gave me perfect timing to meet Nicky outside though, so it all worked out in the end!