Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 21-01-2015, 00:06
Knowlede Is Power

Ahh I hope it's real for you guys over the pond!

Fall in love, fall in love with me,nail a crucifix onto your soul.

(don't be shy)
Old 21-01-2015, 00:15
Builder of routine

am i the person most of you know? i did indeed buy tickets. someone in chicago tweeted at me to say it was a listing on the venue's website, it's a legit venue (i know because i was there last weekend!) and their site had a purchase button and i got a proper confirmation and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slag View Post
How did she manage to buy tickets when it says they aren't for sale?
they were at the time....

a couple of people i know who were in a position to know whether this might be real suggested it seemed likely to be legit given stuff they'd heard etc.

now the page has disappeared entirely from the venue website i'm panicking a bit - but if it is a mistake on their end i guess i'm covered in terms of getting the cash back. but i'd rather see the manics
you're obliged to pretend respect for people and institutions you think absurd. you live attached in a cowardly fashion to moral and social conventions you despise, condemns, and know lack of all foundation. it is that permanent contradiction between your ideas and desires and all the dead formalities and vain pretenses of your civilization which makes you sad, troubled and unbalanced. in that intolerable conflict you lose all joy off life and all feeling of personality, because at every moment they suppress and restrain and check the free play of your powers. that's the poisoned and mortal wound of the civilized world.

Last edited by talkingtocactus; 21-01-2015 at 00:25.
Old 21-01-2015, 00:28
Knowlede Is Power

Maybe there was very limited availability tickets-wise?

Mystery. I keep checking the Manics twitter to see if they have posted anything but alas, no.

Fall in love, fall in love with me,nail a crucifix onto your soul.

(don't be shy)
Old 21-01-2015, 00:48
Builder of routine

yeah i wondered if it was just because it sold out but then why not say that?

the other thing i wondered was maybe if the venue put it up as their general "it's time to refresh our calendar and upload new events" thing and the manics realized it'd gone up before any official announcement and asked them to take it down again?

but yeah, no word from camp msp is weird.

i really hope it's true, obviously because i have tickets but also it's a lovely venue, absolutely tiny. i saw a record label showcase there last weekend and i was literally leaning on the stage throughout the gig, it's very very small. which makes me wonder if maybe they decided it was too small and wanted to change to another venue?

edit: after chatting with other people it seems maybe the venue just got a tad carried away and posted it too early. chicagoans are nothing if not enthusiastic
you're obliged to pretend respect for people and institutions you think absurd. you live attached in a cowardly fashion to moral and social conventions you despise, condemns, and know lack of all foundation. it is that permanent contradiction between your ideas and desires and all the dead formalities and vain pretenses of your civilization which makes you sad, troubled and unbalanced. in that intolerable conflict you lose all joy off life and all feeling of personality, because at every moment they suppress and restrain and check the free play of your powers. that's the poisoned and mortal wound of the civilized world.

Old 21-01-2015, 01:11
Builder of routine

just looked at the venue's twitter feed. a few other people asked them whether (a) the gig was legit and (b) the tickets they bought in the brief window before the site disappeared were valid. the answer is yes to both

*squeals*

Old 21-01-2015, 01:41
Born to end

AIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

/faints

Man am I PUMPED! Can't wait to see the dates - surely a few East Coast dates, which I will make come hell or high water. WOOO!!!!!!!!!
Old 21-01-2015, 01:44
Bored of being bored

Yay!
Fingers crossed for more US (and Canada) dates!
Old 21-01-2015, 01:46
A self-made vacuum

Keeping my fingers crossed for San Diego but I am sure they will pass us by like last time. It might have to be L.A. for me this time around.
Old 21-01-2015, 02:59
Winterlover

Haha, yes Harrie, you are the one most people probably know.
Old 21-01-2015, 04:19
Bored of being bored

This is the same thing that happened before the 2009 US gigs were officially announced. Fans hunted around on venue sites and found info on several shows days before the band actually announced something. The venue probably took the info down because news of the tour wasn't supposed to be announced yet and I'm sure tickets weren't actually supposed to go on sale yet, so a little boo boo on the venue's part.

This is the same venue they played in Chicago in 2009. I already checked the sites for all other venues they played on that tour, but no news there. I bet they'll have a very similar itinerary for this tour, as the 2009 tour was very similar to the one they'd done a decade before that.

Last edited by Slag; 21-01-2015 at 04:51.
Old 22-01-2015, 00:52
Builder of routine

yeah, it was this venue that posted the gig listing too early last time too - silly venue! but also awesome because (a) it's a great venue and (b) it lets us get a headsup

Old 22-01-2015, 02:29
I am purity, they call me perverted

Actually the Metro was one of the last places to officially post the gig last time. The Minneapolis show was the first one posted.
Old 22-01-2015, 11:56
Bored of being bored

Well, I'll be seeing everyone in Chicago.
Old 22-01-2015, 18:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2000 View Post
Well, I'll be seeing everyone in Chicago.
Look forward to seeing you again.
Old 23-01-2015, 05:10

I am crazy but I will fly from California for this show. I really want to see Chicago anyway.