Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 08-12-2015, 23:20
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieslowski View Post
(Mind you, the Hydro is a fucking horrendous venue for gigs. Every time I see a band there, I come out thinking it was their worst ever gig.)
The Hydro always sounds like there is an echo! Well for the 2 events I've been too anyway.

Still, looking forward to both Glasgow and Swansea! It's going to be mega!
Old 08-12-2015, 23:25
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasnost View Post
The Hydro always sounds like there is an echo! Well for the 2 events I've been too anyway.

Still, looking forward to both Glasgow and Swansea! It's going to be mega!
First time I've ever come away from a NIN gig thinking "meh, that was alright." It's maybe better if you're in the standing section, but the seats are just too far away, it's just a big shitty shed.
"A man who had read all the books published today would have had to have read all Dan Brown's novels, two volumes of Chris Moyles autobiography, The World According To Clarkson by Jeremy Clarkson, The World According To Clarkson 2 by Jeremy Clarkson, The World According To Clarkson 3 by Jeremy Clarkson... His mind would be awash with bad metaphors, unsustainable reactionary opinion, and one long anecdote about the time Comedy Dave put pound coins in the urinal.

In short, the man who had read everything published today, would be more stupid than a man who had read nothing."

- Stewart Lee
Old 08-12-2015, 23:35
Builder of routine

I'm going to be annoyed if this gets bought out by editors fans and I'm going to be forced to pay double for a resale ticket and then see said fans leave after their set.
Old 09-12-2015, 00:58
Bored out of my mind

Are Editors even THAT big themselves these days? I was a fan of them for The Back Room and went to see them live, but rapidly lost interest in them by their second album. They seemed more hyped and popular around 2006 (ish?) than they are now. Obviously they're an established band for a support slot, but I can't see their fans rushing to sell out these dates.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:11
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieslowski View Post
I think this is a really poor show by the Manics. I just spent a couple of hundred quid getting my trip to Swansea sorted out (Aberdeen - Edinburgh, flight to Cardiff and back, hotel, coach to Swansea and back), and now I find out I could have just waited for a ticket to Glasgow and only needed to pay for a tank of petrol. I know others that have had to do similar.

At least if they'd announced a London show first, it wouldn't have been much of a problem for anyone to get to. I think I managed to go to two of the Roundhouse gigs on the JFPL tour for less than this Swansea trip is going to cost me.

I've not been this pissed off with them since they left Bag Lady off the deluxe edition of JFPL...
I'm in a similar situation. I booked flights from Edinburgh to Cardiff and back, if it wasn't for the flights being non refundable, i'd try sell my Swansea ticket and offer the hotel rooms for me and my mate as a sort of package deal.

Never been to the Hydro, but it does look utterly stupid. Who on earth thought it a good idea to install seats that face away from the stage towards the crowd?!
Old 09-12-2015, 10:24
Bored of being bored

Everyone Must NOT GO

Sorry pushing the ticket prices a tad too far I think. Not worth it at all.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:25
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Tout tickets are already going for £100.... sigh

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 09-12-2015, 10:30
Bored of being bored

NT was £38?

MM was £32?

EMG Is Extortion lol
Old 09-12-2015, 10:37
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
Are Editors even THAT big themselves these days? I was a fan of them for The Back Room and went to see them live, but rapidly lost interest in them by their second album. They seemed more hyped and popular around 2006 (ish?) than they are now. Obviously they're an established band for a support slot, but I can't see their fans rushing to sell out these dates.
I went to see them couple of years ago. They were OK, but nothing spectacular. Only went as BSP were supporting
Old 09-12-2015, 10:44
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkanddivine View Post
FIFTY THREE QUID?! Nope.
where did you see this?
Old 09-12-2015, 11:16

Standing and Seating is £38.50 and some other seating is £53.50 on gigsandtours.

I thought I was the fucking drama queen...

Old 09-12-2015, 11:18
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
They sell out arena's pretty easily, so yes, they are bigger than the Manics. At least in mainland Europe.

I almost booked for Swansea, but decided not to. I thought they wouldn't do just one gig as they never do. So I'm glad I held out! Royal Albert Hall gigs here I come!
Old 09-12-2015, 11:18
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
Standing and Seating is £38.50 and some other seating is £53.50 on gigsandtours.

I thought I was the fucking drama queen...
are you sure that's not for Swansea? I just went on gigs and tours and can't see any prices?
Old 09-12-2015, 11:38

Only Glasgow up at the moment, I reckon the others will be similar (when was the last time the Manics charged more than £40 for general admission)...

Old 09-12-2015, 11:41
Winterlover

Every rock gig I have seen at the RAH has been awful...... So glad I'm going to Swansea still and with SFA supporting.