Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

View Poll Results: 1 = worst, 10 = best
10 3 2.42%
9 17 13.71%
8 42 33.87%
7 35 28.23%
6 6 4.84%
5 5 4.03%
4 5 4.03%
3 3 2.42%
2 3 2.42%
1 5 4.03%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2013, 17:52
Stretched out in the sun

Or validation of his opinions. To each their own. I haven't heard the entire album yet and have no opinions. There are other bands, other messageboards.
Old 12-09-2013, 17:55
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Steve Preacher View Post
I'm sorry but there's no point in arguing with a man who would rather listen to THE KOOKS than PFAYM or RTF!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by framedadolescence View Post
There's a whole thread that is full of people's opinions of the album. Constructive criticism is fine but not this. You've posted your own thread which presumably you want opinions to. People are offering their opinions on what you've said.

Oh yes, but oh no, The reviews and rankins are spread through various threads and I though people could write one here after a few listenings - and I wanted to do a poll too...

Anyway I didn't expect anyone to agree with me, I expected a different opinions and views because wihtout JFPL I would be completele sure I'm right but with JFPL I still don't understand what's hidden in them and if it's possible they will release a good album again...

phew.......
Old 12-09-2013, 18:00
I am purity, they call me perverted

The Kooks?

OP is clearly trolling.
Old 12-09-2013, 18:01

Key word: Kooks (Before that I was worried)
Old 12-09-2013, 18:05

Anyone who throws up a poll and then immediately trys to sway someones opinion towards the extreme is a troll.

The notion that RTF is a 1/10 album is in itself retarded and inflammatory.
Old 12-09-2013, 18:06
Winterlover

lol, Manics' fans don't like The Kooks

one thing: This album is shit. I said the same about PFAYM when it was released and the reaction here was the same as it is now. But when you look at album rankings nowadays, most of the people put PFAYM down saying it's a horrible album.
Old 12-09-2013, 18:08
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quatercircle View Post
Anyone who throws up a poll and then immediately trys to sway someones opinion towards the extreme is a troll.

The notion that RTF is a 1/10 album is in itself retarded and inflammatory.
you are probably right and I should have left my opinions for next hours or days and left the first post objective.
Old 12-09-2013, 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
I said the same about PFAYM when it was released and the reaction here was the same as it is now.
No it wasn't, stop making shit up.

There was much more negativity surrounding PFAYM.

If this is a 1/10 album then I truly wish you listen an actually incredibly bad record.
Old 12-09-2013, 18:12
Doors slowly closing

I can only remember one Kooks song. The chorus went: "Shine, shine, shine on / Yes / Won't you shine, shine on / Sha La La La / Shine, shine, shine on / Yes / Wont you shine, shine on".

I didn't shine on.
Old 12-09-2013, 18:14
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quatercircle View Post
No it wasn't, stop making shit up.

There was much more negativity surrounding PFAYM.

If this is a 1/10 album then I truly wish you listen an actually incredibly bad record.
wow, you remind me of Lance Armstrong somehow

There was the same reaction to my totally pesimistic posts. Especially when I slagged Nicky's contributuions off.

The poll is relative. Who says George Michael is 5/10? He's -10000/10
Old 12-09-2013, 18:16
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
I can only remember one Kooks song. The chorus went: "Shine, shine, shine on / Yes / Won't you shine, shine on / Sha La La La / Shine, shine, shine on / Yes / Wont you shine, shine on".

I didn't shine on.

that's called.....surprise....Shine On I prefer the lyric to "I love you so won't you come home" or how is it.
Old 12-09-2013, 18:18
Under neon loneliness

The Kooks are abysmal, but they're better than PFAYM.

RTF is better than everything The Kooks ever did except maybe Naive, which is a bit of a tune.
Old 12-09-2013, 18:23
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzb View Post
The Kooks are abysmal, but they're better than PFAYM.

RTF is better than everything The Kooks ever did except maybe Naive, which is a bit of a tune.
the thread should be renamed to Manics vs. Kooks
Old 12-09-2013, 18:25
Doors slowly closing

I think Donkey is just as entitled to hold a strongly negative opinion of the album as anyone is to hold a positive one.

I totally disagree with him, but so what?

I do take issue when criticisms are made as factual statements though, I always hate reading 'such and such is rubbish/bad/terrible', even though I'm probably guilty of it myself sometimes, it seems far less meaningful than describing exactly why you think you dislike something. I think opinions on culture are far more subjective than most of us give credit as them being.

Likewise, I guess I should dislike shallow gushing saying 'x is great/amazing/wonderful' with no explanation, but somehow unexplained positive opinions aren't so irksome to me, I'm not sure exactly why. Perhaps it's that I assume someone with a positive reaction has almost self-evidently found something worthwhile to like about things, whereas when a negative opinion is offered with no explanation it is at least possible it's from a place of missing the point or a lack of understanding.

Anyway, so far I think Rewind The Film is great, amazing and wonderful

(... But I am planning on going into more detail on why I think that in future posts!)

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 12-09-2013, 18:29
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
I think Donkey is just as entitled to hold a strongly negative opinion of the album as anyone is to hold a positive one.

I totally disagree with him, but so what?

I do take issue when criticisms are made as factual statements though, I always hate reading 'such and such is rubbish/bad/terrible', even though I'm probably guilty of it myself sometimes, it seems far less meaningful than describing exactly why you think you dislike something. I think opinions on culture are far more subjective than most of us give credit as them being.

Likewise, I guess I should dislike shallow gushing saying 'x is great/amazing/wonderful' with no explanation, but somehow unexplained positive opinions aren't so irksome to me, I'm not sure exactly why. Perhaps it's that I assume someone with a positive reaction has almost self-evidently found something worthwhile to like about things, whereas when a negative opinion is offered with no explanation it is at least possible it's from a place of missing the point or a lack of understanding.

Anyway, so far I think Rewind The Film is great, amazing and wonderful

(... But I am planning on going into more detail on why I think that in future posts!)
This made me give it another listen tonight so I'll know what are you talking about in details