Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 11-09-2010, 23:57
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCarbohydrate View Post
If you're in doubt, go to Glasgow and skip Aberdeen, not the other way round.
No chance! They snubbed Aberdeen for over a decade, so when they finally played Aberdeen again for the SATT tour, I vowed that I would always see them when they played there, even if I was living elsewhere at the time. Besides, the Academy is probably my least favourite venue in Glasgow (why not Barrowlands again, or ABC even?)

I think I'm going to go with the general consensus, which I think is best summed up in this comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth M View Post
I'd say that when in doubt, go once. Better to be left wanting more than to end up begrudging the time you spent.
It's a shame it's the first gig of the tour, so I can't even try and guess which non-PFAYM/hits songs they'll be playing. I don't suppose there's really many songs I'm desperate to hear live that I haven't heard already, anyway - it's not like they're going to pull Democracy Coma, Comfort Comes and Dead Martyrs out of the bag... and, as mentioned, whatever rarities they'll play will be played the next night anyway.

I suppose there are some advantages to the Manics having such predictable setlists every tour after all!

This is a sad time in my life - I never thought I would see the day that I would even debate going to a Manics gig But the fact that I'm far more torn about having to sell my Killing Joke ticket for London next month is very telling. Now THERE is a band who are guaranteed to play an entire set of great songs! (Probably helps that they don't really HAVE any hits )
"A man who had read all the books published today would have had to have read all Dan Brown's novels, two volumes of Chris Moyles autobiography, The World According To Clarkson by Jeremy Clarkson, The World According To Clarkson 2 by Jeremy Clarkson, The World According To Clarkson 3 by Jeremy Clarkson... His mind would be awash with bad metaphors, unsustainable reactionary opinion, and one long anecdote about the time Comedy Dave put pound coins in the urinal.

In short, the man who had read everything published today, would be more stupid than a man who had read nothing."

- Stewart Lee