Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-09-2007, 20:21
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
"What does 'Culture Sluts' mean, Grandad?"
"Granddad, why haven't you got any tattoos?"

"Why, because when I was young, I was really, really boring."

"Oh."

"Yes, sorry. Shall I pass you the kids section out the Mail On Sunday?"
Old 22-09-2007, 21:56
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
"Granddad, why haven't you got any tattoos?"

"Why, because when I was young, I was really, really boring."

"Oh."

"Yes, sorry. Shall I pass you the kids section out the Mail On Sunday?"
Fuck I haven't got any tattoos, I must be a really, really boring person. Obviously I often send people to sleep when I give my monotone lectures on train steam regulations through the ages. You can tell this because I don't have any tattoos. I'd better get down there right now and get something scarred onto me so I can start to live a real, fulfilled and exciting life!
Old 22-09-2007, 21:56
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
It's a balance of probability my dear - just like the way they calculate your car insurance
Tosser.

Tattoo`s are so main stream now. I`m surprised your parents allow you to listen to such left wing music.

Stay Beautiful.
Old 22-09-2007, 21:57
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon Bonaparte View Post
It's at this point that you remember that the majority of manics fans are middle class wankers.
Are they wankers because they're middle class?
Old 22-09-2007, 21:58

Talking

Quote:
As my mum always said, only get a tattoo if you want to look like a council house family sat by the side of the pool at Butlins...
haha very funny. i,d be to squeamish to get one done anyhow as i hate needels. the worst one i have ever seen was on the top of a 14yr old girls bikini line when we were in spain saying all are welcome. and one at the top her bikini top saying suck here. i was disgusted and seeing she had a big bump attached to the top of her it was obvious someone had taken her advice. it fair put me off my guinness it did. she may as well have had a price list tattoed on her arse. my brother had a large grim reaper on his back with a scythe and really menacing eyes and bony fingers. it gave me the creeps but the pain he went through to get it must have been unbearable. i remember had to take mints with him and not drink beforehand or apparently it causes you to bleed more. it took up all his back. no thanks.
Old 22-09-2007, 22:02

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily37 View Post
haha very funny. i,d be to squeamish to get one done anyhow as i hate needels. the worst one i have ever seen was on the top of a 14yr old girls bikini line when we were in spain saying all are welcome. and one at the top her bikini top saying suck here. i was disgusted and seeing she had a big bump attached to the top of her it was obvious someone had taken her advice. it fair put me off my guinness it did. she may as well have had a price list tattoed on her arse. my brother had a large grim reaper on his back with a scythe and really menacing eyes and bony fingers. it gave me the creeps but the pain he went through to get it must have been unbearable. i remember had to take mints with him and not drink beforehand or apparently it causes you to bleed more. it took up all his back. no thanks.
i,m not saying tattoos arent for everyone, as some look really cool and they are so mainstream now. my brothers was like a work of art on his back, especially as he drew it freehand and designed it himself but i just couldnt take that old needle going in and then having to wait for it to heal. i,d probably be a bleeder anyhow and faint.
Old 22-09-2007, 22:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Are they wankers because they're middle class?
No. I`m more middle class than working class but i dont like being put in a box because i have a tattoo.

Stay Beautiful.
Old 22-09-2007, 22:12

[QUOTE=shadowplay;1143038]As long as you know its going to last forever and that when you're 50 you might not want "useless generation" or something like that on your arm.

Im 48 next month and believe me i love my Manics tattoos,and yes i live in a council house!! but alas i dont go to Butlins !!!
Old 22-09-2007, 23:09
Freed from the century

to be honest i had my tattoos, for ME and for no one else, so what if someone thinks i look like a council house butlins goer? they dont understand why i wanted them.

and when im old and a nurse turns me round seeing my tattoos might make her realise i was once a person with hopes and dreams and passions.

i wanted them so i got them, i have tattoos that i had when i was 16, ok i wouldnt chose them now but they remind me of a time of my life, just like scars on me have a story.

going by those rules no one would dye their hair, wear make up etc.
Old 23-09-2007, 00:49
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Fuck I haven't got any tattoos, I must be a really, really boring person. Obviously I often send people to sleep when I give my monotone lectures on train steam regulations through the ages. You can tell this because I don't have any tattoos. I'd better get down there right now and get something scarred onto me so I can start to live a real, fulfilled and exciting life!
I'm not sure what you're saying, but it doesn't seem to be "Yeah Red, tattoo's are an indisputable sign of cool" or anything that sounds like it, so it must be wrong.
Old 23-09-2007, 17:34
Doors slowly closing

A tattoo is something I'm always going to get "when I'm older." I'd just have to be sure about it first. I've seen so many people with ugly tattoos they regret later on - I don't want to be one of them.
Old 23-09-2007, 18:33
Knowlede Is Power

I might get one this year..
My girlfriend has one, and she was telling me it bars her from some places in Japan. I thought it was a myth, but she says it is true. If people see it, it will sometimes get her denied access to a Hot Spring in Japan, or a department store or something like that (she's Japanese by the way).
It's still associated with Yakuza or bad behaviour to a degree.
I'd love a Manics related one if I did tho
Leeds Uni - 17 Apr 2005
Leeds Uni - 9 May 2007
London Brixton Academy - 12 Dec 2007
Forever Heavenly (London) - 12 Sep 2008
Camden Roundhouse - 30 May 2009
London O2 - 17 Dec 2011
Manchester Ritz - 27 Sep 2013
Manchester Albert Hall - 11 Dec 2014
Tokyo Studio Coast - 8 Nov 2016
Tokyo ZEPP Diver City - 26 Sep 2019
Old 23-09-2007, 21:11
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
As my mum always said, only get a tattoo if you want to look like a council house family sat by the side of the pool at Butlins...
I grew up in a council house and we went to Butlins once for a holiday but i don't have any tattoos nor do any of my immediate family.
Old 24-09-2007, 08:01
I live to fall asleep

I have a butterfly on my ankle - it's fairly small and most of the time i forget that i have it! I got it done when i was 18, and it was something that i had wanted for a long time. It didn't hurt when i had it done - it made me feel just a bit sick.

I keep thinking about getting another one, but i'm not sure what i want - possibly a manics tat, but i'm not really sure what i would want - possibly a fav quote, but not sure that it would cheerful!
Old 25-09-2007, 18:17
Luke

With any luck i should be getting a Morrissey one when i turn 18. Wether this is a good idea or not i've yet to find out :s