Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 23-05-2019, 05:45
Bored of being bored

Thanks hummingbird! Yeah, the crowd were a bit scary on Saturday. It’s only in the past few years that I’ve started to feel a bit unsafe at gigs at Shepherds Bush Empire. I can’t help wondering if they’ve started selling more downstairs tickets than they used to, because it always feels scarily rammed now, which I don’t remember from past gigs. I think I’ll go for balcony next time if I go there again!

Re Lifeblood, on Friday James said something to the effect of only hardcore fans liking the album, and on Saturday after some people cheered when he mentioned Lifeblood, he said something like ‘twenty one people like this one’. On reflection he may have meant it in a self-deprecating way rather than sneering, but that’s how it seemed to me at the time. (I’m a bit tired of anniversary gigs but I’d still kill to hear Lifeblood in full!)
Old 23-05-2019, 18:18
Builder of routine

Yeah that's just James taking the piss rather than sneering. I'd love an album tour for lifeblood. Won't happen though
If you go for seats stick to level 1 or 2. Level 3 has a metal bar over the balcony that restricts the view a bit, and the seats aren't the most comfortable. Gig sounded great though. I still enjoyed it
Old 23-05-2019, 20:17
Bored of being bored

He said something about how it barely sold first night in Manchester.

Can't remember the last time I heard them perform something off Lifeblood without an introduction with something negative to say.
Old 24-05-2019, 09:52
Bored of being bored

I live for the day when James will introduce a song from LB saying it was one of their greatest and most cruelly overlooked albums (because it is!)
Old 01-08-2019, 14:41
Bored of being bored

Hellooooo FD! Here's my latest Manics post. We're up to the March 2001 weekend where they played two gigs at Brixton. This was the Friday night, which was amazing, of course.

This weekend is particularly memorable for me because on the Saturday I became doubled over with intense pain, which started me on the path of many months of tests and appointments and surgery and treatment for what turned out to be endometriosis. I still made it to the gig though, through the power of youth and the strength of my love of the band! But all that will be in my next blog post
Old 01-08-2019, 14:55
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflower View Post
Hellooooo FD! Here's my latest Manics post. We're up to the March 2001 weekend where they played two gigs at Brixton. This was the Friday night, which was amazing, of course.

This weekend is particularly memorable for me because on the Saturday I became doubled over with intense pain, which started me on the path of many months of tests and appointments and surgery and treatment for what turned out to be endometriosis. I still made it to the gig though, through the power of youth and the strength of my love of the band! But all that will be in my next blog post
Thanks for that! Because the Know Your Enemy tour was the last (UK) tour I didn't go to, and the fact that they've barely touched the album tracks since that era has got a somewhat special place in my heart. Really wish they'd revisit some of the rarely played songs.
Old 01-08-2019, 15:08
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
Thanks for that! Because the Know Your Enemy tour was the last (UK) tour I didn't go to, and the fact that they've barely touched the album tracks since that era has got a somewhat special place in my heart. Really wish they'd revisit some of the rarely played songs.
Oh, I do too. I have really fond memories of this era and the next few tours as well - early 00s was a golden time to be a Manics fan!
Old 09-08-2019, 07:12
Bored of being bored

The second night at Brixton in March 2001 is now up on my blog here
Old 19-10-2019, 12:29
Bored of being bored

I'm back! I've re-renamed my blog back to Scruffy Storms and have just posted the Manics at the Scala in September 2001 here.

This post took me a while to write, with the gig coming as it did hard upon the Sept 11 terrorist attacks, it was difficult to figure out how to approach it as I couldn't ignore the attacks completely, but also had to make space for all my hyperventilating exclamation marks! Anyway, hope you enjoy
Old 19-10-2019, 19:22
Knowlede Is Power

Bloody fantastic, blackflower- I really enjoyed reading that. I was at Reading 2001. People around me were in tears after / during Little Baby Nothing and it was the the first time I'd seen them play that and Of Walking Abortion. Great set. Seeing a similar set in a more intimate setting must have been incredible.
Old 19-10-2019, 22:50
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
That was a fantastic read, blackflower!
Old 20-10-2019, 13:11
Bored of being bored

Thanks so much both of you
Old 17-11-2019, 11:12
Bored of being bored

It's Christmass 2002 on Scruffy Storms and the Forever Delayed tour is here! My blog post about the Wembley gig is here. I have such wonderful memories about this era, especially the Cardiff gig, but will get to that in a couple of posts!

And FD get a bit of a mention, as this was when I started being active on ye old fd.com. There'll be an even bigger mention next post for the Brixton gig!
Old 26-11-2019, 13:19
Bored of being bored

Well, it turns out my blog is taking me places! Specifically, to Cardiff this Friday, where I'll talk to a man from the BBC about the Manic Millennium! It's for a documentary about Millennium Eve on BBC Wales. Am both thrilled and a bit terrified

The next blog post about the Forever Delayed tour is taking longer than planned. Work has been very busy, and I had Suede's Brandaid gig last week to write about (here if anyone's interested!). Will hopefully get the Brixton gig out on the weekend if I've recovered from my Cardiff adventure!
Old 26-11-2019, 13:23
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Congrats!

Stand back, I have political powers!