Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 18-02-2012, 23:16
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post

This is a rough idea for one which I knocked up - want the font to mimick the actual harley font but this will give the tattooist the basic and then I will let him take it from there.
To me, that reads 'Under Loneliness Neon', although I'm not familiar with the Harley design so other people will no doubt read it properly.
Old 20-02-2012, 17:18
Dawsored

I,ve got 4 REAL and MSP underneath and i,m seriously thinking of getting the Kerouac quote from the back of the old Manics T shirt that said "I have nothing to offer this world other than my own confusion".
Why ???
Cos i like it.
End of.
Old 20-02-2012, 17:20
Dawsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Elian View Post
To me, that reads 'Under Loneliness Neon', although I'm not familiar with the Harley design so other people will no doubt read it properly.
To be honest i agree...its a bit confusing that one.Unless of course its only for the initiated Manics fans whereas its fine !!!
Old 21-02-2012, 19:42

My tattoo looks much the same as this http://media.photobucket.com/image/m...ttoos/CCCP.jpg

Only mine has "Culture, Alienation" along the top and "Boredom and Despair" at the bottom in scrolls
Old 28-02-2012, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by exopotamie View Post
WWE wrestler Wade Barrett has unveiled his new tattoo:

I don't follow wrestling but I love this guy because he's such an unashamed CoR. He quotes the Manics on Twitter all the time.
I saw this on the wrestling a few days ago I had to pause it and rewind to make sure I had seen what I thought Id seen

Cambridge Corn Exchange 08-05-07
Manchester Central 05-12-07
Hull City Hall 05-10-10
Wolverhampton Civic Hall 19-05-11
Leeds First Direct Arena 28-03-14

"Are you listening Mr Cameron and Mr Fucking Clegg"
Nicky Wire Wolves Civic Hall 19 May 2011
Old 29-02-2012, 18:32

That tattoo is mad. I want it
Old 02-05-2012, 21:27
An imitation of dignity

Aswell as the one in my profile pic, got I know I believe.... done lower on my arm with flocks of birds joining them up.

Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas of something else to get in there. Got space for something on my inner arm, my artist suggested a crosshair, but i'm not keen on that idea, would love something else manics related in the sleeve
Old 03-05-2012, 21:22
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by exopotamie View Post
WWE wrestler Wade Barrett has unveiled his new tattoo:

I don't follow wrestling but I love this guy because he's such an unashamed CoR. He quotes the Manics on Twitter all the time.
That is so beautiful.
Was talking to some of my students about tattoos that other day and I was telling them I haven't got one (yet) because I'm so indecisive........
I'd love a Manics lyric quote but just can't decide which one.

Feel inspired now though...
Old 07-05-2012, 12:35
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Elian View Post
yeah it's just the way the logo reads, a-la

which reads motor emptiness cycle
Old 07-05-2012, 14:44

Yet it different. Probably due to the fact that motorcycle is one word so the brain automatically connects the words motor emptiness cycle in the most logical order (motorcycle emptimess)
Old 08-06-2012, 11:21
Bored of being bored

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is the start of my sleeve tattoo....

Will be adding to it, with Sugar skulls, birds etc.

Looks good so far!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:08
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kyle16 View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is the start of my sleeve tattoo....

Will be adding to it, with Sugar skulls, birds etc.

Looks good so far!
The leaves/petals look gorgeous.
Old 27-02-2013, 18:18
An imitation of dignity

Sorry to dig this thread up again....was just looking for some opinions.

Today i went and booked my first tattoo....the Generation Terrorists rose but will be changing the wording to Forever Delayed. I know Richey had the tattoo on his left arm, I'm really wanting to put it on the right though. I'm right handed and just want my first tattoo to be on the right arm, just feels natural to get it there. Do you think this really matters in terms of the tradition of the tattoo, and would you suggest i get it done on my left arm? or am i just being stupid, and it doesn't really matter...i guess I'm changing the wording so shouldn't matter.

Sorry if its a daft question!
Old 27-02-2013, 18:30
Under neon loneliness

I guess it comes down to your reasons. You're getting this tattoo in part because someone you admire had the same(/similar) tattoo. I think a variation on the theme is a nice touch personally, my one is blue with different wording, but I knew I wanted it on the left arm because to me, that design would sit funnily on the right arm. The kind of "shoulder" of the rose/spray would be at the front of your body as opposed to the foot/scroll. Perhaps you're reversing the design to counteract this... but then is that going to look like the same thing?

It's your body and you'll live with it forever, and that's what's most important. I suggest getting an artistic friend to sketch it in pen on both arms, or just to print two copies and place one on each arm. Get someone to take a photo of both, because a mirror will reverse it obvs. If you're certain you want it on the right arm then go for it. If you're not certain you might want to postpone the tattoo until you are. I've been 100% on each of my tattoos for at least 3 months before booking, there are others I'm 95% happy with I've been putting off for 2 years or more. It's important to get it right.

But welcome to the rose club either way.
Old 27-02-2013, 19:08
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzb View Post
I guess it comes down to your reasons. You're getting this tattoo in part because someone you admire had the same(/similar) tattoo. I think a variation on the theme is a nice touch personally, my one is blue with different wording, but I knew I wanted it on the left arm because to me, that design would sit funnily on the right arm. The kind of "shoulder" of the rose/spray would be at the front of your body as opposed to the foot/scroll. Perhaps you're reversing the design to counteract this... but then is that going to look like the same thing?

It's your body and you'll live with it forever, and that's what's most important. I suggest getting an artistic friend to sketch it in pen on both arms, or just to print two copies and place one on each arm. Get someone to take a photo of both, because a mirror will reverse it obvs. If you're certain you want it on the right arm then go for it. If you're not certain you might want to postpone the tattoo until you are. I've been 100% on each of my tattoos for at least 3 months before booking, there are others I'm 95% happy with I've been putting off for 2 years or more. It's important to get it right.

But welcome to the rose club either way.
Didn't even think about the rose facing outwards....good point! I'm going to cut the design out and check it on both arms...both my arms are the same so i guess it doesn't even matter. Ever since i decided on getting a tattoo i just thought i would be getting it on the right arm. Cheers for the advice