Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 24-02-2015, 16:10
I am purity, they call me perverted

Seeking "Untitled Instrumental" - SATT Bonus Track

I love the 'Send Away the Tigers' B Sides and Bonus Tracks, especially the two wonderfully atmospheric instrumentals - 'The Vorticists' & 'You Know it's going to Hurt'. They are beautiful, and with 2010s 'Ostpolitik' and RTF's 'Manorbier' - among my favourite of the bands' instrumentals.

On Flint's site, I read of one that's apparently the best of the lot, one that streamed on the band's website; "Untitled Instrumental".

Can anyone tell me where to find this is good quality?

Here is the write-up on it:

Untitled Instrumental
June 18, 2009 by Flint
(instrumental)

Another Tigers-era instrumental. Officially untitled, it randomly appeared as streamable song on the band’s website and is only identified as “untitled instrumental”. No proper explanation was given, no proper release ever happened.

Annoyingly for such a low-key release, it’s the most interesting of the Tigers-instrumentals and the one whose stylistic path I’d most wish the band would have continued on. It’s like an ambient remix of a secret agent film theme song. The beat and the familiar JDB guitar licks are still there but they’re drenched in a deep ocean of heavily atmospheric keyboard lines. It’s utterly fascinating and compelling. It’s like a mysterious dream, weaving its web all over the scenery.

Shame about the shit-bad quality of the stream. Here’s hoping they’ll someday release a proper quality version of the song. The atmospherics deserve it.
Old 24-02-2015, 16:18
Doors slowly closing

As far as I'm aware it only ever existed on the website for a short time, so the only way you'd get a good quality copy is if the band ever release it again, in better quality.

I'm not sure if you mean you've heard it at all or not, if you haven't, it's this (some kind soul uploaded it on YT, not me):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP_WzdIAGD0

I wouldn't say it's their best instrumental myself, but it's still pretty nice.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 24-02-2015, 16:50
I am purity, they call me perverted

Thanks very much Porco, I'd heard it alright, but, it's good to hear it again.

I hope the band release it at some stage, would definitely like to have it!