Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 01-03-2020, 13:38
Freed from the century

I hope a) it's not stupidly overpriced like Truth and b) they've NOT tinkered with the tracklist although it's very likely.
Old 01-03-2020, 17:05
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
https://twitter.com/Manics/status/12...602230785?s=09

Tweet if not posted
Old 01-03-2020, 22:21
Knowlede Is Power

Wooooooi! Cool video!
Leeds Uni - 17 Apr 2005
Leeds Uni - 9 May 2007
London Brixton Academy - 12 Dec 2007
Forever Heavenly (London) - 12 Sep 2008
Camden Roundhouse - 30 May 2009
London O2 - 17 Dec 2011
Manchester Ritz - 27 Sep 2013
Manchester Albert Hall - 11 Dec 2014
Tokyo Studio Coast - 8 Nov 2016
Tokyo ZEPP Diver City - 26 Sep 2019
Old 02-03-2020, 14:50
I am purity, they call me perverted

What's this and that video all about then? Exciting stuff... but is it just a reissue?
Old 02-03-2020, 15:27
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

One would possibly hope that there is a live DVD included in the package, but given that the TIMT re-issue lacked one, I wouldn't bet on it.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 02-03-2020, 15:32

I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar to the SATT package.
Old 02-03-2020, 16:00
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
One would possibly hope that there is a live DVD included in the package, but given that the TIMT re-issue lacked one, I wouldn't bet on it.
lesson learnt from all reissues to date: do not base expectations on all reissues to date
Old 02-03-2020, 22:05
I live to fall asleep

The Truth reissue was pretty poor overall I think, the worst of the bunch we've had in my opinion. I don't like the size of it or the lack of a dvd which could have been rammed full of stuff. The best reissues are the HB, EMG and GT but I'd prefer the booklets to be loose so you can read them and look at the pictures without having to hold the entire box set which i think is a pretty moronic design. SATT one was prerry nice in the book format, two crammed cds and a pretty busy dvd too, it just lacked a little retrospective.
Old 05-03-2020, 23:44
Bored of being bored

This LP was decent but it's not really worthy of a re issue, it's not worth the time.

Sadly no pro shots from its tour neither which were ever released officially.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:12
Bored of being bored

I really hope they announce whatever they're doing with GATS soon. This drawn-out teasing is a bit annoying.
Old 06-03-2020, 18:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
The Truth reissue was pretty poor overall I think, the worst of the bunch we've had in my opinion. I don't like the size of it or the lack of a dvd which could have been rammed full of stuff. The best reissues are the HB, EMG and GT but I'd prefer the booklets to be loose so you can read them and look at the pictures without having to hold the entire box set which i think is a pretty moronic design. SATT one was prerry nice in the book format, two crammed cds and a pretty busy dvd too, it just lacked a little retrospective.
I really like the TIMTTMY reissue. That album badly needed a remaster and what we got was exceptionally good, sonically. With the added bonus of the 6 b-sides (all amazing songs) also remastered and sounding like album quality songs... musically it was incredible. They could've stuffed it in a pizza box and I would've loved it.
Old 06-03-2020, 23:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostfamous View Post
I hope a) it's not stupidly overpriced like Truth and b) they've NOT tinkered with the tracklist although it's very likely.
I don't know what to feel about re-issues like this really. THB and EMG were seminal albums and deserved of being reissued, but some of the other albums that have been reissued are not really of that kind of standard.

If it is to happen, is there any particular significance of reissuing GATS now? It is far from one of their strongest albums and they very rarely play any of the tracks off it live anymore (famously have shunned one of them for years), so it seems a bit of an odd decision really.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:10
Born to end

Come on its got 5 of their best tracks on it.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:58
Doors slowly closing

EMG and THB have both had two re-issues... and this is the only Richey-era album that hasn’t had one at all yet. It’s way past time it got one IMHO, and it’s also a good excuse to reissue the album on vinyl (GATS is the only album I don’t own a vinyl of and I want to put that right but not at £50+ used on ebay lol) (Edit:I realise I said a lot of that already in this thread... !)

As always, these things are optional! Not interested? Don’t buy it, fair enough.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---

Last edited by Porco; 07-03-2020 at 10:02.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd2103 View Post
I don't know what to feel about re-issues like this really. THB and EMG were seminal albums and deserved of being reissued, but some of the other albums that have been reissued are not really of that kind of standard.

If it is to happen, is there any particular significance of reissuing GATS now? It is far from one of their strongest albums and they very rarely play any of the tracks off it live anymore (famously have shunned one of them for years), so it seems a bit of an odd decision really.
It's just a kind of industry standard now, labels are pushing deluxe editions as it's where a considerable amount of profit comes from within the physical sales market. With streaming taking over an increasing percentage of the market, labels realistically only have a short window to put as many of these boxsets out as possible, so it's why we've had albums by Cast coming out as 3CD sets and Sleeper's debut is getting its second expanded edition this year. So with a fanbase as fanatical as us, it's no surprise that Sony really want to do a GATS release.