Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 17-04-2014, 23:32
An imitation of dignity

If you're reading Tori, don't listen to the haterz. I thought your cover was great and your voice is beautiful. You like the Manics, I like the Manics, we should totally hook up [PM for details] xxx.

If not, it did suck pretty bad. Should have tried harder maybe?.
Old 18-04-2014, 01:04
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
I thought it was perfectly alright... and a nice idea. Fair enough if it's not stylistically to your tastes, but I think some of the comments here are bit unfair really. Good for her.
At least the negative ones are based on ability, some of the ones based on appearance make me cringe, especially given she could be reading them...
Old 18-04-2014, 06:18
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
If you're reading Tori, don't listen to the haterz. I thought your cover was great and your voice is beautiful. You like the Manics, I like the Manics, we should totally hook up [PM for details] xxx.

If not, it did suck pretty bad. Should have tried harder maybe?.
Wow...
Old 18-04-2014, 06:21
Knowlede Is Power

Being blunt (I've been holding back) I think all the negativity is bang out of order and people are C***s at times
Poor girl doesn't deserve it and I'm damn sure sounds and looks better than a lot of the posters here!
I'm ready for the barrage of shit, grow up people - some of the comments have been quite nasty. So next time you think of commenting probably best to be be nice or say fuck all
Old 18-04-2014, 09:46
Under neon loneliness

Well said.
Old 18-04-2014, 11:07
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifuldistortion View Post
Being blunt (I've been holding back) I think all the negativity is bang out of order and people are C***s at times
Poor girl doesn't deserve it and I'm damn sure sounds and looks better than a lot of the posters here!
I'm ready for the barrage of shit, grow up people - some of the comments have been quite nasty. So next time you think of commenting probably best to be be nice or say fuck all
no shit from me ..well said. She's a young actress trying to make it and these videos might be the highest profile thing she's done so far. Everyone has to start somewhere…good luck to her
Old 18-04-2014, 12:29
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifuldistortion View Post
Agreed. Except for this focus on looks, I don't see what that has to do with everything.
Old 18-04-2014, 12:52
A self-made vacuum

Location: In a leather bound book of the worlds greatest secrets
Perfectly fine to be honest. I've seen a lot worse and with actual music. The girl did a nice thing and got exposed to the vipers on this forum. The fact she is a beautiful young woman has also inspired jibes. It's pathetic to be honest.
Old 18-04-2014, 12:52
Doors slowly closing

I actually find the attitude of "ok she's not a great singer, but look how hot she is", much worse than saying her cover isn't very good.

Granted my comment earlier was a bit over the top, but if you put stuff on the internet, whether it's a song, a poem or whatever, people are going to feedback on it, and it's unreasonable to expect it all to be positive or think that's it's wrong for others to be critical.
Old 18-04-2014, 12:54
A self-made vacuum

Location: In a leather bound book of the worlds greatest secrets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathtub View Post
I actually find the attitude of "ok she's not a great singer, but look how hot she is", much worse than saying her cover isn't very good.

Granted my comment earlier was a bit over the top, but if you put stuff on the internet, whether it's a song, a poem or whatever, people are going to feedback on it, and it's unreasonable to expect it all to be positive or think that's it's wrong for others to be critical.
There is being critical in the right way and then there is simply saying something that in your head might be funny but ultimately comes across dickish.
Old 18-04-2014, 12:59
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
There is being critical in the right way and then there is simply saying something that in your head might be funny but ultimately comes across dickish.
Which is why I said that my earlier comment was over the top in tone, if not sentiment. Anyone whose never posted anything on the internet that they later reflect on was inappropriate can put their hand up, but I don't think I'll see many raised arms.
Old 18-04-2014, 15:04
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
Agreed. Except for this focus on looks, I don't see what that has to do with everything.
I did say sounds and looks to be fair!
I just sort of added that in, in anticipation of some clever dick making an issue of how she appears - my bad on that one. She clearly is a good looking girl and I defended her when she didn't need defending on that point!

However her voice to me seems reasonable enough and whilst posting a video on youtube no doubt gives people the right to comment on it, I expected the comments to be a little less harsh and a lot more "ahh bless her, what a nice gesture" kind of responses!
Old 18-04-2014, 16:00
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathtub View Post
Same, I think it's sexist and patronising, personally.
Old 18-04-2014, 16:40
A self-made vacuum

nice gesture! and its got her views on youtube now also! many silly attitudes on this thread also....
Old 18-04-2014, 16:56
Stretched out in the sun

Jesus Christ - she clearly just did that for a bit of fun, and a nice gesture. Can't believe some of the posts in this thread!