Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 12-01-2019, 09:55
Winterlover

Not going to the tour, but actually wondering if James will play an instrument at all on I'm Not Working live? What with the extra musicians in the band and the majority of this song being on electric sitar that could be interesting.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:47
Freed from the century

so is this a doc coming next week? Perhaps the one meant to be in the box set? Hope its better than the dull EMG one from 2016.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsgRHFJH56e/
Old 12-01-2019, 13:50
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkanddivine View Post
Not going to the tour, but actually wondering if James will play an instrument at all on I'm Not Working live? What with the extra musicians in the band and the majority of this song being on electric sitar that could be interesting.
Possibly, though that would sound good being played slightly heavier. I’d imagine the three-guitar lineup will be used a lot, songs like The Everlasting (which they haven’t played as a full band for ages) and Be Natural have lots of layers of guitar bits.
Old 13-01-2019, 16:46
I live to fall asleep

I wish they had included the documentary on a dvd, I might have bought it then (still waiting for the price to drop down). What they should do is a huge comprehensive movie of their entire career and not just focusing on certain periods, but giving every album and event a good covering.
Old 13-01-2019, 17:31
I am purity, they call me perverted

Btw, there was a big doc around the EMG tour, on Sky-something, that everyone said was super good. Everyone here I mean. A year or go or so?

I couldn't get to it because I was in Eastern Europa then and didn't have access to Sky or whatever. But since I'm a tax paying Englishperson now... does someone have a ling or anything? How'd one get to watch it?
Old 13-01-2019, 17:41
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marat Sar View Post
Btw, there was a big doc around the EMG tour, on Sky-something, that everyone said was super good. Everyone here I mean. A year or go or so?

I couldn't get to it because I was in Eastern Europa then and didn't have access to Sky or whatever. But since I'm a tax paying Englishperson now... does someone have a ling or anything? How'd one get to watch it?

But then I haven't logged in to see if it works yet. Ah, it's not on YouTube
Old 13-01-2019, 23:22

On the tour I think they should play the whole album in the original order with few acoustic and then into Faster with perhaps songs they rarely play and new songs included. Though I'm only going to one venue, at York I hope they play the album through like THB
Old 14-01-2019, 14:21
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
17th of January at 7pm, the documentary "Truth&Memory" shows on YouTube.

You can join the chat, and let's face it, you'll be working overtime arguing with the "They no were richi iz" YouTube trolls!
Old 14-01-2019, 16:59
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosetree View Post
On the tour I think they should play the whole album in the original order with few acoustic and then into Faster with perhaps songs they rarely play and new songs included. Though I'm only going to one venue, at York I hope they play the album through like THB
Strangely, I'd love to see some GATS at the show.

Don't think they played La Tristesse on the last tour.

I'd just like a bit of a shake up in some way. I understand they love the hits and hate (re)learning old songs but I'd love something different.
Old 14-01-2019, 18:03
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
17th of January at 7pm, the documentary "Truth&Memory" shows on YouTube.

You can join the chat, and let's face it, you'll be working overtime arguing with the "They no were richi iz" YouTube trolls!
This forum must be dead. Three days after announcing a documentary, the forum barely bats an eyelid....

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 14-01-2019, 18:16
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa Gluten Free View Post

I'd just like a bit of a shake up in some way. I understand they love the hits and hate (re)learning old songs but I'd love something different.
La Tristesse hasn't been performed live since 2016.

Despite the shortened second sets we've seen a few rarities rolled out during the previous album tours.... Natwest, Condemned to Rock n Roll, Donkeys, etc. Hopefully there'll be at least one song that's a bit of a surprise this time round.
Old 14-01-2019, 18:36
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa Gluten Free View Post

Genuine question - you don’t think things were shaken up enough last tour? Horses under starlight? Slash and burn? Forever delayed? TBTGOG?

And this tour they’ll be doing born a girl, I’m not working etc - all of which can only be considered mega rarities.

Meaning that by the end of this tour, since 2014 they’ll have played at least, what, a third if not more of their entire catalogue.

I’m thinking back to the days of 2010 where we got endless variations on suicide is painless, la tristessa, ocean spray, autumn song, Australia, EMG. All of which are now either out of the running, or no longer staples.

I’m not getting at anyone, but genuinely don’t see what more they could do to shake up a set and play somethhng interesting we haven’t heard a million times.
Old 14-01-2019, 18:42
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
This forum must be dead. Three days after announcing a documentary, the forum barely bats an eyelid....
I'm still cheesed off they didn't put it on. a DVD. Available on YouTube is fine till they decide to take it off
Old 14-01-2019, 20:37

Guessing Nicky's family stuff got the in way of putting together a fuller release, because it's hard not to imagine this documentary as originally intended for the box. Disappointing that it won't be there, but if there's a good reason and the label wanted to get it out on the 20th anniversary then it's easier to accept...

Definitely can't get my head around Prologue where it is. The only song I can imagine it successfully replacing is You Stole the Sun (what a lovely idea... it could have been third single too... sigh...). Second disc is fascinating stuff, a more revealing demo set than most tend to be. This is the first time I've heard a lot of the remixes in over ten years and I'm really enjoying them - I played them to death when I was a kid, more than some of the b-sides. Tolerate - Class Reunion of the Sunset Marquis is so bloody great.
Old 14-01-2019, 21:35
Builder of routine

Yeah new interviews would've had to be filmed so couldn't have it ready in time I guess.
I've still to listen to CD2 properly. I've been off music for the longest time ..hope it's just a passing affliction