Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-12-2014, 10:09
Born to end

Just picked up a ticket directly from The Usher Hall where, bizarrely, I worked for the entire summer of 98.
Was in two minds following the absolute high of the Barras - just can't see that special emotion being replicated.
Then I thought "fuck it"
Old 23-12-2014, 21:57
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
Oh 'iya Scotland train buddy. I wish we could order out train tickets now, train party?

Booked a double room at this place too, looks awfully convenient http://castlerockedinburgh.com. £60 on a Wand Erection Saturday too, not bad.
Oops, wish I'd read this before I had a massive strop about edinburgh hotel prices and booked the Glasgow Travelodge instead! Oh well... probs best to escape marathon mayhem.

Sadly I will have moved to Darlo by then, so no train buddying this time either
Old 23-12-2014, 23:37
Born to end

Haven't even thought about accommodation for this yet and it sounds like that's going to be tricky to sort...
Quote:
Sadly I will have moved to Darlo by then
Nothing wrong with Darlo, will be on a train from there myself, shame there's no later trains back on a Saturday night.
Old 24-12-2014, 19:54
Knowlede Is Power

I'm paying £160 for double room, Don't want to but my partner in crime is refusing to go under four star - it's killing me when I could do the whole 'drive there, see show, drive back' thing

The price is taking my fucking eyes out like...

Fall in love, fall in love with me,nail a crucifix onto your soul.

(don't be shy)
Old 24-12-2014, 20:05
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo View Post
Haven't even thought about accommodation for this yet and it sounds like that's going to be tricky to sort...

Nothing wrong with Darlo, will be on a train from there myself, shame there's no later trains back on a Saturday night.
I'm more than happy to be moving to Darlo! The 'sadly' just referred to the loss of a train buddy
Old 01-01-2015, 03:44
I am purity, they call me perverted

Tickets arrived today in the mail! Now to wait.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:36
Winterlover

Gonna sacrifice this one. Usually try for the first date of a tour but this clashes with a festival I'm eager to get to. Ah well, I'll make do with Wolverhampton and Cardiff.
Old 12-01-2015, 16:17
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciemanics View Post
I'm paying £160 for double room, Don't want to but my partner in crime is refusing to go under four star - it's killing me when I could do the whole 'drive there, see show, drive back' thing

The price is taking my fucking eyes out like...

Kin hell! I'm not that picky about where I stay, NasalScarecrow can testify to that.. Chuffed to have our room sorted though, £60 double, ten minutes from venue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Revan View Post
Tickets arrived today in the mail! Now to wait.
Ah still waiting for mine, buggers. Did you order from the venue or ticketmaster etc? Went straight to venue thinking they'd be quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow View Post
Gonna sacrifice this one. Usually try for the first date of a tour but this clashes with a festival I'm eager to get to. Ah well, I'll make do with Wolverhampton and Cardiff.
Shame, gonna enjoy this Edinburgh gig more than the last one when tour plague kicked in. Southampton can probably get fucked too..
Old 12-01-2015, 16:59
Winterlover

Quote:
Kin hell! I'm not that picky about where I stay, NasalScarecrow can testify to that.. Chuffed to have our room sorted though, £60 double, ten minutes from venue
Having stayed in a wide range of places of varying quality with sculptureofabloke, I can testify that they only thing he is picky about is panic-booking places ridiculously early, whether there's good reason to or not.

Quote:
Shame, gonna enjoy this Edinburgh gig more than the last one when tour plague kicked in. Southampton can probably get fucked too..
Yeah, I like Edinburgh and I loved the last gig there. Suppose sometimes I have to accept that I can't attend every single UK gig. I'll be at Temples Festival so I'll go straight to Wolverhampton from Bristol. Pint?
Old 12-01-2015, 20:30
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:

Ah still waiting for mine, buggers. Did you order from the venue or ticketmaster etc? Went straight to venue thinking they'd be quicker.
I ordered them from Ticketmaster on December 12th!
Old 12-01-2015, 20:58
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
We ordered from the venue and haven't received our tickets yet, but it does say this in the confirmation e-mail:

Quote:
STANDING TICKETS are sent out by Recorded Delivery. A signature is required on delivery. If you are not in when the delivery is made, Royal Mail will leave a card indicating that you can pick the item up or arrange re-delivery. For security reasons, standing tickets will not be posted out immediately, but will be posted within 10 days of the event. Tickets cannot be collected from the box office prior to this time either.
So I'm not worried yet.
Old 12-01-2015, 21:04
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Ordered from the venue as well, nothing on this end either.
Old 19-01-2015, 18:50
Knowlede Is Power

If I decide to come alone, I'll have a ticket for sale. Probably less than face value because it will be short notice. Just a heads up, didn't think it was worthy of it's own thread.

Fall in love, fall in love with me,nail a crucifix onto your soul.

(don't be shy)

Last edited by gracie; 03-03-2015 at 14:58.
Old 18-03-2015, 20:57
Freed from the century

Just in case anyone planned, like me, to hot foot it back to Glasgow on the last train... Last train turned into a 2hr15 rail replacement bus. Forget that! Luckily found a cheeky student room in Edinburgh had popped up for not-too-silly money. I shall go to the ball
Old 18-03-2015, 23:09
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

any sign of tickets yet by the way?

Stand back, I have political powers!