Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 02-06-2010, 12:23
Doors slowly closing

Its really annoying. I wish they just said whether they were going to be adding any more dates. I think we might go to the two Brixton gigs and if they add Dublin and Belfast, maybe them also. However, I don't know if i would go to two more after Brixton, if there's no BSP on the bill
Old 02-06-2010, 12:24
Administrator

It doesn't seem like there are any gaps to add dates within the schedule, and I'm fairly sure they won't be before, so maybe after cambridge?
Old 02-06-2010, 12:30
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
It doesn't seem like there are any gaps to add dates within the schedule, and I'm fairly sure they won't be before, so maybe after cambridge?
They've kicked off their tours in Ireland a few times. TIMTTMY comes to mind when they played in the Cork Opera House and two days later "If You Tolerate This Then Your Children Will Be Next" was No. 1. Must have been something to do with my hometown.

I can't see them adding a date anywhere before the first UK ones though.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:32
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-O View Post
"If You Tolerate This Then Your Children Will Be Next" was No. 1. Must have been something to do with my hometown.
Obviously!

They did kick off the greatest hits tour in Dublin. Awful gig though.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:32
Administrator

Quote:
They've kicked off their tours in Ireland a few times. TIMTTMY comes to mind when they played in the Cork Opera House and two days later "If You Tolerate This Then Your Children Will Be Next" was No. 1. Must have been something to do with my hometown.

I can't see them adding a date anywhere before the first UK ones though.
Yeah, but before they announced, I already knew the tour kicked off on the 29th...so I am guessing not.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:34
Doors slowly closing

I wish they just played the Cork Opera house again!! Even the INEC in Kerry would be class.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.selfdestruct View Post
I wish they just played the Cork Opera house again!! Even the INEC in Kerry would be class.
Christ!

Killarney is possibly the biggest shithole I've been in.

The Cork Opera House would be good. Or The Pavillion, much nicer. Smaller room though. Only holds about 800.

They were awesome in the Opera House, even though Nick was blind drunk.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:42
Winterlover

Quote:
Its really annoying. I wish they just said whether they were going to be adding any more dates. I think we might go to the two Brixton gigs and if they add Dublin and Belfast, maybe them also. However, I don't know if i would go to two more after Brixton, if there's no BSP on the bill
Yeah I severely doubt the Irish dates (if they even happen) will have BSP. We always get crap support. I remember 2004 everyone got Razorlight and we got some shite band I've never heard of.

Belfast more than likely isn't happening. It's not even a SATT situation where they could do a festival like Belsonic (T Vital's crap replacement) cos the lineup's already been announced.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:42
Doors slowly closing

I don't mind Killarney. I usually drive off into the mountains whenever i got to a gig down there. Which isn't often. I think the NEC is a great venue. Just underused. I prefer it to the olympia, which is always too rammed for my liking. I guess it would be fine if i ever bothered to arrive early and try and get a wrist band.

The Pav is nice. but too small for the manics.
Old 02-06-2010, 13:00

Quote:
I don't mind Killarney. I usually drive off into the mountains whenever i got to a gig down there. Which isn't often. I think the NEC is a great venue. Just underused. I prefer it to the olympia, which is always too rammed for my liking. I guess it would be fine if i ever bothered to arrive early and try and get a wrist band.

The Pav is nice. but too small for the manics.
The INEC is a fine venue it's just the shit you have to contend with while you're there is the issue.

As for the Pav being too small; they played Henry's biy! They could play the Savoy, I suppose but it's truly an awful gig-going experience in there.
Old 02-06-2010, 13:47
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
The INEC is a fine venue it's just the shit you have to contend with while you're there is the issue.

As for the Pav being too small; they played Henry's biy! They could play the Savoy, I suppose but it's truly an awful gig-going experience in there.
Yeah. Henrey's was pretty small too. It would be great if the band ever came to Cork again, they played The Pav. The Savoy is more likely. However, they have a strict policy of having nothing other than the odd mediocre Irish band visit the place, from time to time.
Old 02-06-2010, 22:59
Born to end

I remember they had Belfast on the t-shirts that were on sale on the Forever Delayed tour. No gig their though, I had to go down to Dublin...where I saw the t-shirts..
Old 02-06-2010, 23:04
I live to fall asleep

*if* they're playing in Dublin, I HAVE to go. always wanted to go there and if Manics are playing = fantastic Dublin-devergination!

Old 02-06-2010, 23:06
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by mank View Post
My birthday is the 11th of March.
twinz
Nothing is secure but life, transition, the energizing spirit. No love can be bound by oath or covenant to secure it against a higher love. No truth so sublime but it may be trivial tomorrow in the light of new thoughts. People wish to be settled; only as far as they are unsettled is there any hope for them.
Old 03-06-2010, 17:00
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Obviously!

They did kick off the greatest hits tour in Dublin. Awful gig though.
I thought that was a great gig.