Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

View Poll Results: 1 = worst, 10 = best
10 3 2.42%
9 17 13.71%
8 42 33.87%
7 35 28.23%
6 6 4.84%
5 5 4.03%
4 5 4.03%
3 3 2.42%
2 3 2.42%
1 5 4.03%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2013, 17:04
Winterlover

RTF - (hysteric) reactions, ranking...

bad bad bad,

4 times heard the new album, it's PFAYM acoustic.

I said it 3 years ago I say it now (so it's not that I'm the one who's amazed at first): RTF is shit and Manics should end their career. Their song writing ability is gone (the last good song was The Girl From Tiger Bay) and Nicky Wire should never write any music. It's a disaster for Manics (Marlon J.D. is the only expection, but it would have been better without Marlon providing no SKON, etc.)

Shame, but it's over.

For me it's 1/10
Old 12-09-2013, 17:07
I am purity, they call me perverted

Um... no
Old 12-09-2013, 17:20
Administrator

Don't listen to them then?
Old 12-09-2013, 17:22
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
bad bad bad,

I said it 3 years ago I say it now (so it's not that I'm the one who's amazed at first): RTF is shit and Manics should end their career. Their song writing ability is gone (the last good song was The Girl From Tiger Bay) and Nicky Wire should never write any music. It's a disaster for Manics (Marlon J.D. is the only expection, but it would have been better without Marlon providing no SKON, etc.)

Shame, but it's over.

For me it's 1/10
I could not be more in disagreement.
The album in fact is GREAT, i mean, it's not on pair with THB or EMG but it's a great record.
JFPL Is an ENORMOUS record for me, and that album SURELLY get's into their best.
Their song writing ability is intact and more healthy than ever and the proove is that RTF is perhaps the hardest album to compose, record and release of their career because of the change of focus that meens to remain acoustic in the whole record and yet they're still sounding MSP.
You really think that a finished musician can write something like RTF(the track) and Tokyo Skyline for example?? For me you're completelly wrong, sorry.
Old 12-09-2013, 17:23

You are entitled to vent your feelings on the new album Donkey but I was hoping you could paint more of a picture of why you think it is 'PFYAM Acoustic', I don't quite get the same feeling to be honest. Nicky's lyrics for one seem more on the ball on this album and James has found some great melodies.
"RTF is shit and Manics should end their career" - it would be a shame if they did that to be honest; perhaps the more rock-orientated album they are going to release early next year may be more to your liking?
Old 12-09-2013, 17:34
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
Don't listen to them then?
Yes, probably. I'm seriously considering not giving the album 5th listen. But I probably will. But I expect stop listening to tha album by the end of month.
I still hope there's something wrong with my ears and I'll change my mind.

But They're hopeless since 2004 with JFPL exception (I still don't know what the hell happened in 2009 that they released such a great album). SATT, PFAYM, RTF are not good.
Old 12-09-2013, 17:37
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Steve Preacher View Post
.....'PFYAM Acoustic', I don't quite get the same feeling to be honest. Nicky's lyrics for one seem more on the ball on this album and James has found some great melodies.
"RTF is shit and Manics should end their career" - it would be a shame if they did that to be honest; perhaps the more rock-orientated album they are going to release early next year may be more to your liking?
I don't agree, James's melodies are weak and Nicky's songs don't havy any melodies as usual (I assume that the song sung by that woman is Nicky's, if it's James's it's really disaster )

And I don't want any rock-oriented album. I don't want anything from them, they're empty. Now I have to learn how to be less excited next year and avoid lookign forward to the album
Old 12-09-2013, 17:38
An imitation of dignity

I see an ocean between RFT and PFAYM (which i like too). PFAYM is like Nicky said "One last shot at mass communication" so it's a bit overproduced and radio oriented but not at the same scale that SATT was. RTF is an intimate album and nothing (excepting SMTW) is near of beeing media friendly.
Old 12-09-2013, 17:38
A self-made vacuum

Location: In a leather bound book of the worlds greatest secrets
Quote:
bad bad bad,

Shame, but it's over.

For me it's 1/10
Boo hoo the manics wrote an album that was different and varied. How dare they those absolute cunts! Boo hoo!

Go and listen to Mumford..
Old 12-09-2013, 17:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
Boo hoo the manics wrote an album that was different and varied. How dare they those absolute cunts! Boo hoo!

THIS.
Old 12-09-2013, 17:40
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
I don't agree, James's melodies are weak and Nicky's songs don't havy any melodies as usual (I assume that the song sung by that woman is Nicky's, if it's James's it's really disaster )

And I don't want any rock-oriented album. I don't want anything from them, they're empty. Now I have to learn how to be less excited next year and avoid lookign forward to the album
Don't buy the album, don't listen to it anymore and change radio stations. Find a new band to like.
Old 12-09-2013, 17:44
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post

Absolutely not. there's no difference between PFAYM and RTF for me. The songs are weak, that's the problem. not the arrangements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozendiva View Post
Don't buy the album, don't listen to it anymore and change radio stations. Find a new band to like.
I didn't buy it. I'm not gonna buy it. I'll stop listening to it soon (Manics deserve a chance ) I don't listen to any radio. I found new bands to like. The Kooks for example plays semi acoustic music and their songs are sooooo smooth

Anyway I wanted to read your opinions on the album and Manics not your opinions on my opinions. I don't care for your opinions on my opinions!
Old 12-09-2013, 17:48

I'm sorry but there's no point in arguing with a man who would rather listen to THE KOOKS than PFAYM or RTF!!
Old 12-09-2013, 17:49

Quote:
Anyway I wanted to read your opinions on the album and Manics not your opinions on my opinions. I don't care for your opinions on my opinions!
There's a whole thread that is full of people's opinions of the album. Constructive criticism is fine but not this. You've posted your own thread which presumably you want opinions to. People are offering their opinions on what you've said.
Old 12-09-2013, 17:51

Location: from Lisbon - Portugal, currently in São Paulo - Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Steve Preacher View Post
I'm sorry but there's no point in arguing with a man who would rather listen to THE KOOKS than PFAYM or RTF!!
This.

The Kooks are atrocious.